Kristin Cavallari: Jay Cutler proposed by text message and mailed me my engagement ring
By Elizabeth Kwiatkowski, 02/07/2013
Kristin Cavallari apparently didn't have the romantic proposal people might assume when she became engaged to fiance Jay Cutler the second time around.
"It was so silly. I was in the airport, leaving Chicago. We had just spent however many days together and we were texting and somehow it came up, like, 'Oh, shall we get married?' We're like, 'Yeah, OK,'" the former The Hills star told E! News.
"And then he sent my ring in the mail. So I actually had my ring sitting at home for a couple of weeks before I put it on."
Cavallari and the NFL Chicago Bears quarterback got re-engaged in late November 2011 after the couple -- who had previously gotten engaged in April 2011 after only seven months of dating but allegedly split that July when Cutler dumped her -- began reconciling in September 2011.
The pair welcomed their first child into the world, a baby boy named Camden Jack Cutler, in August 2012 but still weren't married because they planned to wed after the baby's arrival. But now, the couple is reportedly ready to tie the knot.
"The wheels are in motion... We actually have a date," the bride-to-be told E! News. "But we're not, you know, telling anyone details."
It's uncertain as to whether Cavallari and Cutler will even get married this year, but they reportedly insisted they won't exchange vows on August 8, their son's birthday. Cavallari did, however, admit they "know where, we know the colors, we have people booked... I'm hoping to keep it around 160."
The news of Cavallari's re-engagement first surfaced shortly after the reality TV star had competed on the thirteenth-season of Dancing with the Stars, during which she denied being officially back together with Cutler.