Fox's 'Gordon Ramsay: Cookalong Live' special releases shopping list
By Christopher Rocchio, 11/19/2009
Fox has released the shopping list for home viewers who plan on participating in Gordon Ramsay: Cookalong Live.
The special -- which is based on a cooking show that aired in the U.K. last January and encourages viewers to cook along with the Hell's Kitchen star from their homes -- will air live on Tuesday, December 15 at 9PM ET/PT.
During the one-hour special, Ramsay will guide viewers with step-by-step instructions on how to cook a three-course meal that will feed four and includes angel hair pasta with shrimp, chili peppers and tomatoes for an appetizer, steak diane with sauteed potatoes and peas as a main course, and a quick tiramisu for dessert.
In addition, Fox is currently casting interested individuals to appear on the special from their home. More information is available via Fox's website.
Fox orderedGordon Ramsay: Cookalong Live as part of an agreement it struck with Ramsay last September that included Hell's Kitchen's recently-concluded sixth season and an additional seventh edition, a third season of Kitchen Nightmares, and a third yet-to-be-announced new series.
- 1 red chili pepper - 5 large garlic cloves, peeled - 1 large tomato (heirloom or beefsteak) - 1 lemon - Small handful of fresh basil leaves - 3 scallions - 4 ounces crimini mushrooms, cleaned (can also use button mushrooms instead) - 3 shallots, peeled - Small handful of flat-leaf parsley - 3 small sprigs of rosemary - 1 pound small waxy potatoes (Yukon Gold, cut in half) - 2 cups peas, defrosted if using frozen
- 1 3/4 cups heavy cream - 1 cup mascarpone - 2 1/2 tablespoons salted butter
- 7 ounces angel hair pasta - 4 Italian Ladyfingers, or Savoiardi
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar - 1 vanilla bean, or 1 teaspoon vanilla extract - Piece of chocolate (to grate as garnish)
- 4 tablespoons Marsala, or sweet dessert wine such as Vin Santo - 1/4 cup brandy or cognac - 1/4 cup white wine - 1 cup cold strong coffee
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper - Olive oil - Extra virgin olive oil - 1-2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce, to taste - 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
(Photo credit Fox)
DISCUSS AND COMMENT ON THIS STORY Reality TV World now offers Facebook Comments on our stories. To post a comment, log into Facebook and then 'Add' your comment. To report spam or abuse, click the 'X' in the upper right corner of the comment box. Get more Reality TV World! Follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook or add our RSS feed.