Andrews, a 35-year-old FOX Sports broadcaster and formerDancing with the Stars tenth-season finalist, will co-host alongside host Tom Bergeron, filling the shoes of Burke-Charvet, who's had the position since Season 10.
"Very excited! I have HUGE shoes to fill RT @GMA: #DWTS Announcement: Joining @Tom_Bergeron as a co-host this season will be @ErinAndrews!" Andrews tweeted Monday.
"And yes, I'm still a part of the @FOXSports family..it will be a BUSY fall..getting tips from @michaelstrahan on how to balance it."
After Bergeron -- who has been hosting the show since its debut season back in 2005 -- welcomed Andrews back to Dancing with the Starson Twitter, the former ESPN reporter replied, "Love u @Tom_Bergeron!! I can't wait..and the best part is I won't be getting 7's from Len and yelled at for not pointing my toes! #winner."
News of Andrew's participation follows Burke-Charvet's Friday night announcement she had been dumped byDancing with the Stars. She admitted she was surprised and frustrated about not being asked back to co-host the show's eighteenth edition.
"I have enjoyed seven seasons co-hosting DWTS but understand the need for change considering the position of the show at this juncture," Burke-Charvet, 42, told E! News in a statement.
"I've always been one to embrace change and looking forward to pursuing opportunities I previously wasn't able to entertain because of contractual obligations to the show. I've seen my fair share of shocking eliminations in the ballroom but this one takes the cake."
Burke-Charvet, who won the reality dancing competition's seventh season with professional partner Derek Hough, reportedly had no idea ABC was considering dropping her from Dancing with the Starsand was informed of the decision Friday afternoon.
"We can confirm that Brooke Burke-Charvet will not be joining us next season," executive producer Conrad Green said in a statement obtained by E! News.
"She's been a wonderful part of the Dancing with the Stars family since her triumphant win in Season Seven and will unquestionably be missed by our entire team. We'd like to thank Brooke for her years of great service."
Burke-Charvet's exit is the second personnel shakeup for Dancing with the Stars' eighteenth season, which will premiere Monday, March 17 at 8PM ET/PT on ABC.
Earlier this month, ABC also announced Ray Chew, a music director and composer who previously served as American Idol's music director, will lead a new line-up of live musicians and singers for the upcoming edition. Chew and his new band will replace longtime band director Harold Wheeler and his 28-member orchestra.