Burke-Charvet has confirmed she will not return as co-host for Dancing with the Stars' upcoming eighteenth season -- much to her surprise and frustration.
"I have enjoyed seven seasons co-hosting DWTS but understand the need for change considering the position of the show at this juncture," she told E! News in a Friday night statement.
"I've always been one to embrace change and looking forward to pursuing opportunities I previously wasn't able to entertain because of contractual obligations to the show. I've seen my fair share of shocking eliminations in the ballroom but this one takes the cake."
Burke-Charvet reportedly had no idea ABC was considering dropping her from Dancing with the Stars' upcoming season and was informed of the decision Friday afternoon.
"We can confirm that Brooke Burke-Charvet will not be joining us next season," executive producer Conrad Green said in a statement obtained by E! News.
"She's been a wonderful part of the Dancing with the Stars family since her triumphant win in Season Seven and will unquestionably be missed by our entire team. We'd like to thank Brooke for her years of great service."
Burke-Charvet won the show's seventh season with professional partner Derek Hough.
Burke-Charvet's exit is the second personnel shakeup for Dancing with the Stars' eighteenth season, which will premiere Monday, March 17 at 8PM ET/PT on ABC.
Earlier this month, ABC also announced Ray Chew, a music director and composer who previously served as American Idol's music director, will lead a new line-up of live musicians and singers for the upcoming season. Chew and his new band will replace longtime band director Harold Wheeler and his 28-member orchestra.