Bravo reveals 'Make Me a Supermodel' semifinalists, to debut Jan. 10
By Christopher Rocchio, 12/12/2007
Bravo has revealed the identities of the 24 semifinalists who will compete for a spot on Make Me a Supermodel, a new co-ed America's Next Top Model-like reality series scheduled to premiere Thursday, January 10 at 10PM ET/PT.
Bravo will air a Make Me a Supermodel casting special on Wednesday, January 2 at 11PM ET/PT which will begin with the show's open auditions in Dallas, Chicago, Miami, Los Angeles and New York.
Thirty-five applicants from those five cities were then brought to New York to meet with hosts Niki Taylor and Tyson Beckford -- as well as representatives from New York Model Management -- before competing in a series of challenges testing their runway walk and various poses.
Beckford, Taylor and New York Model Management then eliminated 11 of the contestants, narrowing the field to 24 semifinalists. During the casting special, viewers will also see the second round of cuts that were made, awarding 12 of the 24 semifinalists a spot on the show.
In addition, fans were able to vote via Bravo's website from a pool of six selected finalists interested in participating in Make Me a Supermodel, with the male and female finalists who received the highest number of fan votes claiming the final two spots in the show's 14-person co-ed cast.
Over a 12-week period, the 14 finalists will live together in a Manhattan loft with one another while also competing in a series of challenges designed to test their potential on the catwalk.
Rather than letting a Top Model-like panel of judges decide each contestants' weekly fate, Make Me a Supermodel will -- in a move that marks a first for a Bravo reality competition series -- use an American Idol-like format that will let home viewers vote to determine which contestant will get eliminated each week.
Make Me a Supermodel's grand-prize winner will receive $100,000 and a contract with New York Model Management.
- Angelica, an 18-year-old from Arlington Heights, IL
- Aryn, a 20-year-old from Lownesboro, AL
- Ashlie, a 20-year-old from Lexington, KY
- Ben, a 22-year-old from Nashville, TN
- Brandon, a 24-year-old from Dowagiac, MI
- Casey, a 19-year-old from Atlanta, GA
- Dominic, a 25-year-old from Orange County, CA
- Frankie, a 20-year-old from Miami, FL
- Holly, a 21-year-old from Coeburn, VA
- Igor, a 21-year-old from Chicago, IL
- Jacki, a 21-year-old from Cleveland, OH
- Jay, a 22-year-old from Roswell, GA
- Jathniel, a 23-year-old from Tampa, FL
- Josiah, a 23-year-old from Fort Smith, AR
- Karol, a 20-year-old from Chicago, IL
- Kate, an 18-year-old from New York, NY
- Katy, a 21-year-old from Auburn, AL
- Lee, a 19-year-old from Orlando, FL
- Perry, a 22-year-old from Los Angeles, CA
- Ronnie, a 24-year-old from Chicago, IL
- Sarah, a 20-year-old from Miami, FL
- Shannon, a 22-year-old from Fort Lauderdale, FL
- Stephanie, a 21-year-old from Plano, TX
- Steph, an 18-year-old from Clinton, WI
DISCUSS AND COMMENT ON THIS STORY Reality TV World now offers Facebook Comments on our stories. To post a comment, log into Facebook and then 'Add' your comment. To report spam or abuse, click the 'X' in the upper right corner of the comment box. Get more Reality TV World! Follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook or add our RSS feed.