Reality TV World People News   Ratings News   Scheduling News   Application News   Spoiler News
Show Updates   Features & Interviews   Image Gallery   Message Boards   Shows Listing

HOME > American Idol > American Idol 8

Adam Lambert: ABC canceling two more appearances due to "FCC"


By Christopher Rocchio, 12/03/2009 

Adam Lambert claims ABC has canceled two upcoming appearances on the network following his controversial American Music Awards performance, however he doesn't think ABC is responsible for the decision.

ADVERTISEMENT
"Sadly friends, ABC has canceled my appearances on Kimmel and NYE," wrote Lambert in a Wednesday post to his Twitter account. "don't blame them. It's the FCC heat."

The American Idol eighth-season runner-up was scheduled to appear on Jimmy Kimmel Live's December 17 broadcast as well as New Year's Rockin' Eve, The Los Angeles Times reported, adding both were scheduled before his S&M-themed performance of his debut single "For Your Entertainment" at the end of ABC's live AMA broadcast on November 22.

ABC previously canceled a Lambert appearance on Good Morning America immediately after the incident occurred.

Despite Lambert's claim that ABC's decision to cancel the Kimmel and New Year's Rockin Eve appearances were based on "FCC heat," The Times reported that the agency does not monitor programming after 10PM.

"The FCC has determined, with the approval of the courts, that there is a reasonable risk that children will be in the audience from 6 a.m. to 10 p.m., local time. Therefore, the FCC prohibits station licensees from broadcasting indecent material during that period," reads a message on the FCC's website.

"Material is indecent if, in context, it depicts or describes sexual or excretory organs or activities in terms patently offensive as measured by contemporary community standards for the broadcast medium...The 'safe harbor' refers to the time period between 10 p.m. and 6 a.m., local time. During this time period, a station may air indecent and/or profane material."

An ABC spokeswoman made no mention of the FCC when contacted by the The Times about the Kimmel cancellation.

"We decided not to move forward with the booking at this time," the spokeswoman told The Times.

In addition, sources from Dick Clark Productions -- which produces New Year's Rockin' Eve -- told The Times plans for Lambert to perform during the event had never been finalized.

While he's getting the cold shoulder from ABC, Lambert said he's still going to appear on an upcoming episode of NBC's The Jay Leno Show.

"I AM doing Leno though. And lookin into something for NYE," he posted to his Twitter account. "It'll all blow over. Let's focus on being positive!"

"For Your Entertainment," Lambert's debut album, debuted at No. 3 on The Billboard 200 U.S. album sales chart this week after selling 198,000 copies during its initial week of release.

"Thank you to everyones support of my album! Came in last week at #3!" he posted on Twitter.

(Photo credit Fox)


DISCUSS AND COMMENT ON THIS STORY
Reality TV World now offers Facebook Comments on our stories. To post a comment, log into Facebook and then 'Add' your comment. To report spam or abuse, click the 'X' in the upper right corner of the comment box.

Get more Reality TV World! Follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook or add our RSS feed.












Take Our User Survey





Page generated in 0.45309209823608 seconds
About Reality TV World   •   Advertise on Reality TV World  •   Contact Reality TV World  •   Privacy Policy   •   RSS Feed