ABC to air "where are they now"-style 'Extreme Makeover' special on January 7
By Reality TV World staff, 12/22/2003
Ever wonder what happens to the Extreme Makeover candidates after the cameras stop rolling and they return to their former lives? Who has maintained their new looks? And how have their lives changed? Well you can stop wondering -- ABC has announced that on January 7 it will be airing a special that you won't want to miss -- Life After Extreme Makeover.
Hosted by Extreme Makeover's very own fashion and style expert Sam Saboura, the special will follow up with over a half dozen former Makeover candidates and see what they look like now, learn the reactions of their family and friends, and reunite the candidates with the Extreme Team of doctors and experts who worked so hard to give them their new fantastic looks for the first time. Additionally, the candidates will field questions from a live studio audience that will be asking all the questions that millions of Makeover fans have been dying to know.
The featured Makeover alumni will include:
• Peter, who wanted to look like a rock star
• Catherine and Caroline, the identical twins who had grown apart physically and emotionally and wanted to mend their relationship
• John, who looked like his young kidsí grandfather
• Candace, who was teased about looking like the muppet Beeker
• Peggy, the CSI detective who wanted to look younger for her work anniversary party
• Kine, who was born with redundant tissue on her lips
Life After Extreme Makeover will air on Wednesday, January 7 from 9-10 PM ET on the ABC Television Network.
Life After Extreme Makeover is produced by New Screen Entertainment and Lighthearted Entertainment. Chuck Bangert, Lou Gorfain, John Saade and Howard Schultz are the executive producers.