Last Comic Standing 1
Ralphie May, the runner-up of NBC's summer Last Comic Standing reality series who is currently performing in Las Vegas with fellow contestant Rob Cantrell, has upcoming big events happening in both his professional and personal lives. The big career news: his own upcoming Dreamworks double-disc DVD of his stand-up comedy, the industry's first stand-up two-disk DVD. The personal news: the 500-pound comedian's decision to undergo a gastric bypass procedure later this month. But apparently neither one seems enough to end his public complaining over Phan's win. Full Story
Third-season winner Alonzo Bodden is serving as one of the Last Comic Standing's fifth-season talent scouts, and he has some advice for the new crop of comics as they begin to compete for America's laughs.
'Last Comic Standing' finale suffers ratings drop, while winner Dat Phan and others book future gigs
The votes are in, but were there enough of them? E! Online reports that the ratings for NBC's 2-hour Last Comic Standing finale declined from the ratings of the final performance episode the week before. The finale drew 8.2 million viewers, down from the 8.5 million who had watched the final performances (which placed the show 19th in last week's Nielsens). Although the finale won its time slot in the preliminary ratings, it also drew a smaller audience than the weekly average of 8.3 million viewers. Considering that Last Comic Standing, unlike most reality shows, declined in the ratings as it went along, dropping from a 9.7 million viewer premiere, a second edition can politely be described as questionable.
Our episode summary for the final performance episode of NBC's reality-comedy show Last Comic Standing, entitled "Watching the Defectives," by AyaK, has been posted. Check it out by clicking here.
On Tuesday, July 29, the remaining five comedians on NBC’s “Last Comic Standing” will give their final performances before the viewers vote for whom they feel is the funniest and deserves the title of “Last Comic Standing.” Nearly six months after first performing at the Paris Hotel theater to determine the 10 comedians who moved into the “Comic House” in Los Angeles, California, the five remaining comedians will return to the theater to each perform a 5-minute routine. At the end of the show, viewers will vote by phone or internet for who they feel should be the “Last Comic Standing” and thereby win a talent deal with NBC, a special on Comedy Central and an appearance on “The Tonight Show with Jay Leno.”
Ain't It Cool News reports that one of its correspondents may have heard a radio interview that revealed two, and possibly three, of the final five contestants on NBC's Last Comic Standing.
According to updated in-home viewing figures from Nielsen Media Research, from 9-10 PM ET, “Last Comic Standing” (3.7/11 in 18-49, 7.8 million viewers overall) achieved its highest 18-49 rating since the show’s June 10 debut.
According to updated in-home viewing figures from Nielsen Media Research, the July 1 episode of “Last Comic Standing” (3.5/11 in 18-49, 7.9 million viewers overall) ruled its Tuesday 9PM ET hour, winning in most key demographics, households and total viewers and leading the key 18-49 category by a commanding 35 percent margin.
According to updated in-home viewing figures from Nielsen Media Research, Tuesday night’s 9M ET telecast of the third week of NBC's “Last Comic Standing” (3.6/11 in 18-49, 8.0 million viewers overall) dominated its timeslot, winning among adults 18-49 by a 29 percent margin.
According to updated in-home viewing figures from Nielsen Media Research, Tuesday night’s 9-10 PM ET telecast of the second week of “Last Comic Standing” (3.5 rating, 10 share among adults 18-49, 8.6 million viewers overall) delivered a 25 percent increase over the network’s 18-49 slot result for the same Tuesday last year. The stand-up comedy competition, created and hosted by Jay Mohr, finished a close #2 for its time period in 18-49 and conquered the hour among adults, men and women 18-34, men 18-49, men 25-54 and total viewers.
Ratings: NBC's double-size 'Last Comics Standing' premiere wins timeslots, draws 9.7 viewers overall
NBC has scored its fourth successful launch of a summer reality series over the past two weeks with last night’s strong debut of “Last Comic Standing.” The stand-up comedy competition, created and hosted by Jay Mohr, dominated its time period last night, winning in all key categories, jumping 50 percent above NBC’s adult 18-49 rating on the same night last year and grabbing the Peacock’s highest rating in the time period in the nine weeks since the “Cher: The Farewell Tour” special aired April 8.
NBC’s has announced that “Last Comic Standing: A Search for the Funniest Person in America” will premiere on Tuesday, June 10 with back-to-back episodes from 9-11PM ET and will be hosted by comedian Jay Mohr (“Jerry Maguire”), who also serves as executive producer. During the two-hour premiere’s first hour, viewers of the unscripted competition series will be introduced to aspiring comedians selected from nationwide regional searches as they compete for an exclusive talent contract and a Comedy Central special.
NBC has announced that its new reality comedy competition, “Last Comic Standing: The Search for the Funniest Person in America," will premiere Tuesday, June 10th at 9PM ET. As we previously reported, repeat airings of the summer series will also air on the Comedy Central cable network.
NBC has announced that it has licensed a "second-window" (ie. repeat airing) of NBC’s upcoming summer series The Last Comic Standing: The Search For The Funniest Person in America to cable’s Comedy Central network. The Last Comic Standing will debut this summer on NBC and each episode will be re-broadcast on Comedy Central within a week of its NBC premiere. In addition to receiving a talent contract with NBC, the winner will also now receive his/her own stand-up comedy special on Comedy Central.
- 'Coupled' star Alexandra "Alex" Clark: My blood boiled over Tyler Gattuso, he called Alicia Blanco "super fake" and promised to pick me
- 'Bachelor in Paradise' to feature Josh Murray love match with one of Ben Higgins' bachelorettes
- 'Big Brother' recap: Jozea Flores evicted as Julie Chen explains new "Battle Back" competition
- 'Married at First Sight' to premiere Season 4 on FYI in July, feature two new experts
- Derek Hough, 'Dancing with the Stars' -- Reality TV Guy Sexy Social Pic of the Day
- Carly Waddell, 'Bachelor in Paradise' and 'The Bachelor' -- Reality TV Girl Sexy Social Pic of the Day
- 'The Bachelorette' host: Saying JoJo Fletcher was "conflicted" over Chase McNary and Derek Peth "a massive understatement"
- Kylie Jenner confirms Tyga reconciliation, calls him "husband"
- Paulie Calafiore -- 9 things to know about the 'Big Brother' houseguest
- Chad Johnson talks being the next 'The Bachelor' star ahead of 'Bachelor in Paradise' appearance
- Pharrell Williams joins Elmo and Cookie Monster on 'Sesame Street' song
- JoJo Fletcher's ex Chad Rookstool reportedly claiming to have texts proving she lied about pre-'The Bachelorette' reconciliation
- Jozea Flores -- 9 things to know about the 'Big Brother' houseguest
- Kanye West expanding his partnership with Adidas
- 'Big Brother' recap: Paul Abrahamian removes himself from the block, Bridgette Dunning nominated for eviction
- Maksim Chmerkovskiy, 'Dancing with the Stars' -- Reality TV Guy Sexy Social Pic of the Day
- JoJo Fletcher, 'The Bachelorette' and 'The Bachelor' -- Reality TV Girl Sexy Social Pic of the Day
- Jordan Rodgers: Derek Peth watched every 'The Bachelorette' season and scripted everything he was going to say
- 'The Bachelorette's JoJo Fletcher: I had an anxiety attack in Buenos Aires that only foreshadowed my emotions to come
- 'American Idol' Season 3 contestant John Stevens hit by van and suffered fractured skull
- 'Bachelor in Paradise' producer Mike Fleiss: You'll see multiple engagements on this season!
- 'Coupled' star Michelle Tam split from her child's father again after fairytale reunion on the show
- Natalie Negrotti, 'Big Brother' -- Reality TV Girl Sexy Social Pic of the Day
- Shark Week: Top 5 strangest shark encounters