Average Joe 1 News
The second episode of NBC's Average Joe drew decent ratings for the evening of Monday, November 10, ranking third in its highly competitive time period (airing versus CBS' CSI: Miami and ABC's Monday Night Football), however in a potentially ominous development, the broadcast drew significantly fewer viewers than last week's premiere episode.
Does a double-standard apply when it comes to humiliating men versus women on a reality dating show? Or were the producers of NBC's Average Joe just more kind-hearted than those of other "twisted" dating shows such as FOX's Joe Millionaire? In an interview with Zap2It.com, Average Joe's producers explained that after witnessing the "depth of feeling" that existed among the show's average joes, they felt compelled to change the tone of the show -- including the manner in which series host Kathy Griffin interacted with the cast.
Taking a page from CBS's standard practice of repeating the premiere episode of its Survivor series, NBC has announced that it will air an encore broadcast of the first episode of its hit Average Joe series on Saturday, November 8 at 9 PM ET.
"Mrs. CinderFella," our official summary of Episode 1 of NBC's Average Joe, written by Guppin1234, has now been posted. Check it out by clicking here.
'Average Joe' draws best Adults 18-49 new reality series premiere ratings since FOX's original 'Joe Millionaire'November 4, 2003
NBC’s new reality series Average Joe got off to a above-average start last night, improving by 45 percent on the network’s Adults 18-49 average in the time period so far this season. It’s NBC’s highest in-season rating with regular programming in that hour since May 2002 and the highest Adults 18-49 result for a new reality-show series premiere on any network since January 2003.
Did Melana Scantlin, the bachelorette at the center of NBC's new Average Joe series that features sixteen guys with great hearts, but admittedly average looks competing for the heart of a beautiful woman, really take the twist as well as NBC would have the public believe? Apparently not.
Watch out FOX and David Smith, NBC has announced that there'll soon be a second "Joe" airing on Monday nights. Following on the heels of The Next Joe Millionaire's premiere on Monday, October 20, NBC has announced that NBC's own six episode twisted Average Joe take on the reality relationship show genre will premiere on Monday, November 3 at 10PM ET.
Looks like we were trendsetters when we referred to the contestants on Celebrity Mole Hawaii as "D-list" celebrities in this article. Now, Hollywood Reporter reports that Celebrity Mole Hawaii winner and Average Joe host Kathy Griffin has signed a deal with NBC to develop a new half-hour comedy show entitled "The D-List," which she says deals with her experiences as a D-list celebrity.
According to TV Guide Online, NBC dedicated a significant part of its July 24 presentation during the TV critics' tour to its new reality show Average Joe. The fall-season show, to be hosted by Celebrity Mole Hawaii winner/comedienne Kathy Griffin, featues a twist on the normal dating-show format, with a beautiful woman being surrounded by a cast of geeky, nerdy guys trying to win her affection. (Of course, many women may find the show uncomfortably close to reality for their own tastes....)
NBC has announced that comedian (and "Celebrity Mole: Hawaii" winner) Kathy Griffin will host NBC’s new reality television relationship drama “Average Joe" (not to be confused with FOX's "Joe Millionaire." The series will premiere this summer.
- Rachel Lindsay on decision to find love on 'The Bachelorette': Dating in the real world was not easy!
- 'The Bachelor' star Nick Viall reportedly in talks to compete on 'Dancing with the Stars'
- 'Flip or Flop' star Christina El Moussa reveals how she and Tarek El Moussa broke divorce news to daughter
- 'Dancing with the Stars' cast spoilers: Nancy Kerrigan and Fifth Harmony member reportedly competing
- 'Dancing with the Stars' pros and their significant others: Who's dating and married to whom?! (PHOTOS)
- Mama June Shannon's daughters talk weight-loss surgeries and results: She "doesn't realize how small she is"
- 'Dancing with the Stars' reportedly signs on Simone Biles and Mr. T for Season 24 celebrity cast
- Rachel Lindsay on 'The Bachelor' star Nick Viall letting her go: I was shocked but it's his loss!
- 'The Bachelor' spoilers: Who are Nick Viall's Final 3 bachelorettes? Who is his winning pick?