World Idol News
Daily Variety (registration required) reports that the U.K. Pop Idol concept has been sold to two more countries: Croatia, to be broadcast on TV Nova, and Serbia and Montenegro (formerly known as Yugoslavia), to be broadcast on BK Telekom. With these latest additions, Idol is now running in 20 versions, including Fox's American Idol in the U.S. and Canada, and CTV's Canadian Idol in Canada.
Apparently we aren't the only ones enthusiastic about the nationalisitic hook in Big Brother Africa, which brought together one houseguest from 12 different countries. E! Online reports that Simon Fuller, the producer of Fox's American Idol, CTV's Canadian Idol, the U.K.'s Pop Idol and various other worldwide Idols (including the first Arab Idol, called Superstar and won by 19-year-old Jordanian Diana Karzon), now envisions a global Idol featuring winners from the different Idol versions. The show is preliminarily being positioned as a two-hour special for the December holiday season, with the winner being announced a week later.
- June "Mama June" Shannon's 'From Not to Hot' trainer: She's the most shocking transformation in reality TV history!
- 'Flip or Flop' star Christina El Moussa: Despite our issues, it's not my focus to put Tarek El Moussa down
- 'Survivor' host Jeff Probst: It was a battle to pick 'Game Changers' cast, CBS wants younger players like Ozzy Lusth
- 'Little Women: LA' star Jasmine Arteaga Sorge and husband Chris Sorge announce birth of Baby No. 2
- U.K.'s 'Top Gear' to premiere new season on BBC America on March 12
- Life-sized Kanye West statue erected in Los Angeles
- Andi Dorfman weighs in on Nick Viall's 'The Bachelor' season, insists she's done with the show forever
- Lisa Vanderpump on Lisa Rinna's nude selfie: "I just don't know why you'd want to"
- Josh Murray posts cryptic tweet about packing up and moving: "Crazies stick with crazies"