Temptation Island 1
Have you worried all summer over what became of 'Temptation Island' couples Mandy and Billy, Shannon and Andy, and Valerie and Kaya? FOX understands your anxiety, and will sate it come Halloween night.
"At 8 p.m. ET that night, you can find out what happened to the three pairs (but not, alas, ousted couple Ytossie and Taheed) on the 'Temptation Island Reunion Wedding Special.' Yes, it appears one of the couples survived the trauma of 16 oversexed singles trying to split them and decided to tie the knot. The single tempters and temptresses will be there as well, meaning a dramatic 'Stop the wedding!' moment is not out of the question."
"Conveniently, the premiere of 'Temptation Island 2,' taped in Costa Rica, will immediately follow the reunion special. The fun begins at 8 p.m. ET Wednesday, Oct. 31 on FOX. 'Temptation Island 2' will shimmy into its regular time slot at 9 p.m. the following night."
Well, at least SOMEONE seems to have made a connection on the damn show... The Minneapolis Star Tribune is reporting that hometown boy 'Matt' (one of the Temptation Island single guys) and Elizabeth of the Temptation Island single girls are dating. But let's be clear here -- says Matt: "Elizabeth is not my girlfriend. That's a quote." Um, OK... whatever.
Source: Minneapolis Star-Tribune
Survivor I's Susan Hawk, Survivor II's Jeff Varner, and Temptation Island's Kaya are one of the racing team in USA Network's 'Cannonball Run 2001' special -- a five night series airung this Sunday (8/5) through Thursday (8/9) on USA Network.
Sky One and Channel 4 are planning to show a UK version of the controversial US reality TV show Temptation Island. A Sky One spokesman said that they are going ahead with the 12 part (that's double the original length of the US version) series but have not agreed the details.
A Channel 4 spokesman confirmed that they have "acquired the US version for broadcast and will show the version Sky One are making". Sky One are looking at a variety of locations - including Belize, the Seychelles and the British Virgin Islands - but nothing is as yet confirmed.
Channel 4 will not have editorial control over the show and will broadcast it only after Sky One does.
Geez, won't these two go away... Stacey wanna-be's...
"Ytossie Patterson and Taheed Watson claim defamation of character. They want unspecified punitive and compensatory damages. Patterson and Watson were kicked off when it was revealed they had a two-year-old child -- a fact they allegedly hid from producers."
"But the couple claim producers always knew they had a child --but decided it would boost ratings if the fact was revealed during an episode. They also claim an episode in which producers chastised the two for the alleged revelations was 'condescending and humiliating.'"
...humiliated??? ...what did these two expect?"
The final episode of "Temptation Island," pulled in 17.3 million viewers.
Those numbers made it the highest rated program of the night in Adults 18-49, pulling a 9.4/21, and Adults 18-34 (12.6/30), according to Nielsen fast national ratings.
Since its premiere, "Temptation Island" has more than doubled FOX's prior 00/01 season average in the time period; "Temptation" has averaged 16.6 million from 1/10-2/28, compared to the 7.6 million total viewers season average before the show from 10/2/00-1/3/01.
Jemod was cool enough to send off a quick email listing some of the interesting info revealed in Mandy's appearance on the Howard Stern show this morning:
- Yes, the rumors are true, Mandy was an extra on the movie Road Trip. That's where she was "discovered" and asked to audition for Temptation Island.
- Mandy has turned down $1,500,000 to pose in Playboy. (funny, unless she's holding out for more $$$, Mandy isn't the type that we'd have expected to have a problem with posing in Playboy)
- Mandy turned down a record deal with Capitol because they wanted to turn her into another Britney Spears. (hey, what's wrong with Britney? ...so instead Mandy has apparently chosen to go with the Christina Aguilera-corn-row-braids-look instead)"
Fox television executives said on Tuesday the jury is still out on a possible sequel to the libido-fueled 'reality' hit 'Temptation Island.'
"Network brass said they will wait until viewership numbers are in from the seventh and final episode Wednesday before deciding whether to order a second block of the controversial series, which entices unmarried couples to break up their relationships."
"'We are considering a second Temptation Island seriously. We are waiting to see the numbers for Wednesday night, and a final decision will be made,' said Fox Entertainment President Gail Berman."
"Last week, the show's viewership suffered against competition from the Grammy Awards telecast on CBS, falling to its lowest ratings since its Jan. 10 premiere. But the show's fourth episode, two weeks earlier, drew a robust 18.2 million viewers, giving Fox its first overall ratings win for Wednesdays since August 1999. The segment also propelled Fox to its best Wednesday showing in more than six years among viewers aged 18 to 49, the demographic most prized by advertisers. Berman declined to say how well the show's finale had to perform in the ratings in order to win a renewal."
"But Sandy Grushow, chairman of the Fox Television Entertainment Group, a unit of Rupert Murdoch's News Corp. Ltd., suggested Fox executives are rooting for the series."
"'It's a show that's going to make a substantial amount of money,' he said. 'Our affiliates absolutely loved the show, and they're waiting for Temptation 2,' he said."
Our take on the situation -- money talks and morals walk -- expect production on TI2 to begin within weeks.
For all you Mandy fans, Jemod was nice enough to pass along that apparently Mandy is scheduled to appear on the Howard Stern Show sometime this week (sorry, that's all the specifics we know). Yikes, Mandy and Howard -- now THERE IS A COUPLE!!! ...here's hoping the appearance makes the nightly E! television show, or maybe the weekly syndicated show
UPDATE 2/27: This morning Howard announced that Mandy will be on the Wednesday, 2/28 radio show. He also claimed to be "very anxious to meet her." Thanks again to Jemod for the update.
During the close of Shannon, Mandy (wearing 10 inch platform boots and a Tony-Braxton-at-the-Grammy's-like leather dress)and Kaya's joint appearance on Jay Leno's Tonight Show Thursday night, Mandy claimed that while viewers would have to tune in next week to learn whether she and Billy stayed together, she is now living in Atlanta while he has since moved to Los Angelos.
Personally, we're treating this comment as a red herring of sorts -- we've received FAR, FAR, too many reports of Mandy and Billy working together at the Longhorn steakhouse in East Marietta, GA or shopping together at the North Point Mall to believe he's moved to LA -- unless it's been in the past two weeks or so.
For now, we're sticking by our prediction that these two remain together.
According to NBC promos that began running this evening, Mandy, Shannon, And Kaya will be appearing on Jay Leno's Tonight Show on Thursday, February 22, 2001.
The interesting note here is that during the course of verifying this appearance, we checked the official TVGuide.com listings for the show and they have it described as "MTV's Carson Daly, women from "Temptation Island." Music guest 3 Doors Down."
...either Kaya is now a woman, TV Guide got it wrong, or Valerie cancelled and Kaya is substituting for her. ...frankly, if she's as much "fun" in person as she has been on the show, then we should all be thankful we'll be seeing KAya instead :-)
TV Guide is reporting that Taheed has landed an acting gig as a crack house dweller on the syndicated series, "Arrest & Trial". His episode, titled "Ruthless Ricky," airs Feb. 19. Meanwhile, the fifth episode of Temptation on Wednesday night attracted 17 million viewers, just behind timeslot competitor The West Wing (18.2 million viewers). However, among adults age 18-49, Fox's guilty pleasure trounced NBC's White House drama.
Fox has extended the six-episode run of "Temptation Island" by one additional episode to air on Feb. 28, the last night of the February sweeps period.
The series was originally scheduled to wrap on Feb. 21. The extra episode will feature a reunion of the residents and series highlights. The one-hour finale will reveal whether the featured couples will stay together.
- 'Dancing with the Stars' crowns Bindi Irwin and pro partner Derek Hough Season 21 champions
- Kim Kardashian: I'm willing to do anything for a natural childbirth, my baby is breech close to delivery
- 'Shahs of Sunset' couple Jessica Parido and Mike Shouhed divorcing after eight months
- June "Mama June" Shannon and Mike "Sugar Bear" Thompson admit to cheating scandal prior to 'Marriage Boot Camp' premiere
- Erin Andrews talks "comfy cozy" dates with boyfriend Jarret Stoll
- Chrissy Teigen denies 'FABLife' feud with Tyra Banks
- 'Dancing with the Stars' eliminates Carlos PenaVega and pro partner Witney Carson heading into finale
- British version of 'The Voice' "poached" from BBC by competing ITV network
- Kylie Jenner labels Instagram photo with boyfriend Tyga "Chaos"
- Kristin Cavallari welcomes third child, a daughter, with husband Jay Cutler
- Kim Kardashian requests diamond necklace as her push present
- 'The Voice' artists Madi Davis and Jeffery Austin show they could win the show with breakout performances
- Bindi Irwin honors late father on 'Dancing with the Stars' finale
- Stephanie March: I don't spend a lot of time feeling sorry about Bobby Flay divorce
- Carrie Underwood gushes about son Isaiah at AMAs
- Audrina Patridge gets engaged to boyfriend Corey Bohan
- Exclusive: 'The Amazing Race's Tanner Kloven and Josh Ahern talk (Part 1)
- 'The Voice' eliminee Mark Hood: The competition was so grueling but so worth it
- Carrie Underwood wins honor at 2015 American Music Awards
- Kylie Jenner and Tyga -- Is their relationship back on?
- 'America's Next Top Model's Final 4 shoot winner's ad campaign and magazine spread before final runway show
- 'The Amazing Race's Tanner Kloven and Josh Ahern get eliminated, Justin Scheman and Diana Bishop win sixth leg
- 'The Voice' eliminee Mark Hood interview: I didn't think I was going home
- Josh Duggar's wife Anna Duggar breaks silence on cheating scandal in TLC's 'Counting On' specials