Extreme Makeover News
Following nationwide open casting calls and over 20,000 applicants, the first lucky individuals - Caroline, Catherine and Dan - were chosen for the once-in-a-lifetime chance to participate in "Extreme Makeover." The series of self-contained, one-hour episodes -- which will each feature people in their "before" phase, then as they undergo their various procedures and, finally, when the end results are revealed to their families and friends -- premieres on a new day and time, Thursday, September 18 (9-10 PM ET), on the ABC Television Network.
On the season premiere date of the hit reality show, "Extreme Makeover," an open casting call for future makeover candidates will be held in New York City's legendary Roseland Ballroom. "Good Morning America" will kick off the casting call with live telecasts from the casting throughout their broadcast. The first 500 people have the chance of being interviewed on "Good Morning America." "Extreme Makeover" premieres on a new day and time, 9:00-10:00 p.m., ET, on THURSDAY, SEPTEMBER 18, on the ABC Television Network.
ABC has announced that the second season of its "Extreme Makeover" surprise hit makeover series will premiere on Thursday, September 18 at 9 PM ET.
ABC reports that with it's solid retention of its "The Bachelor" young adult lead-in, the April 30th episode of "Extreme Makeover" beat NBC's "Law & Order" for the second week in a row in Adults 18-34 (4.9/15 vs. 4.5/13) to win its time period.
ABC has announced that the first of seven new one-hour specials of "Extreme Makeover" has been rescheduled to premiere on Thursday, April 10 (9:00-10:00 p.m., ET), on the ABC Television Network. Each of the seven self-contained episodes will feature two people, first in their "before" phase, then as they undergo their various procedures, and finally, when the end results are revealed to their families. Following nationwide open casting calls and over 7000 applicants, the first two lucky individuals - Kine and Tammy - were chosen for the once-in-a-lifetime chance to participate in "Extreme Makeover."
Sissy Biggers, former host of TV Food Network's "Ready... Set... Cook!," will host future installments of ABC Television Network's "Extreme Makeover."
Reuters reports that ABC announced at Wednesday's Television Critics Association press tour that ABC's surprise hit one-time "Extreme Makeover" special, which did so well in the ratings when it aired that it was re-aired the following week, will return for six episodes in the spring.
Variety reports that nothing's official yet, but the ABC is in negotiations to order about six additional episodes of the "Extreme Makeover" before-and-after reality hour in which civilians are radically reconstructed, often via plastic surgery.
Casting has begun for future installments of "Extreme Makeover," following the tremendous success of the ABC's one-hour special, "Extreme Makeover," which originally aired on Wednesday, December 11 (9:00-10:00 p.m., ET), and was rebroadcast with new footage of the three cast members on Wednesday, December 18 (10:00-11:00 p.m., ET).
Having just cancelled it's low rated "MD's" and still infatuated with the better-than"West Wing" adults 18-49 ratings it produced in it's first airing last Wednesday, ABC has announced that it will air an encore presentation of it's "Extreme Makeover" special on Wednesday, December 18, 2002 at 10PM ET.
- 'Survivor: Kaoh Rong' castoff Kyle Jason: If it makes you feel better to call me a bully, call me it all you want!
- 'The Voice's Daniel Passino suggests a conspiracy: I saw both of my Season 10 eliminations coming
- Khloe Kardashian slammed for "ignorant" Instagram photo in Cuba displaying "Fidel" name
- Kanye West compares his new tour to 'Star Wars'
- Michelle Money in 'Marriage Boot Camp' preview: I don't think Cody Sattler is "the one," his selfies drive me crazy
- JoJo Fletcher talks relationship status with ex-boyfriends Ben Higgins and Chad Rookstool as 'The Bachelorette' films
- Aubrey O'Day and Paul "Pauly D" DelVecchio split after former 'Jersey Shore' star allegedly cheats
- 'Survivor: Kaoh Rong' recap: Kyle Jason gets voted out, Tai Trang wastes extra-vote advantage
- 'The Voice' eliminee Daniel Passino: Pharrell Williams didn't defend me, what I got was a eulogy