The Next Joe Millionaire News
Last week we reported on how, despite FOX's announcement of an October 20 premiere date, FOX has been taking a "mysterious" approach to the remainder of the promotion of the next edition of its Joe Millionaire series. First, over the summer, the network refused to reveal any additional details beyond the fact that butler Paul Hogan would be returning. Then, the network refused to comment when reports emerged that the new edition of the program would feature women from overseas. And most recently, FOX geared a significant promotion around this past Friday's unveiling of the program's next stars via a "sneak peak" trailer that aired during the network's Boston Public season premiere.
Apparently looking to prove that CBS isn't the only network that can turn the unveiling of the next stars of their hit reality programs into a mini broadcast-worthy event of it's own, FOX announced today that it will reveal the star of "Joe Millionaire 2" in a special trailer airing sometime during the launch of its new Friday night line-up on Friday, September 19 (8-10 PM ET/PT).
Still wondering how FOX is planning on pulling off a "Joe Millionaire" sequel after over 33 million Americans tuned in to watch the original edition's finale? So is the rest of the country.
FOX announces full 'Joe Millionaire 2' airing schedule, including twice weekly episodes leading up to finaleSeptember 4, 2003
As public speculation runs rampant about the premise of the second season of "Joe Millionaire," FOX has announced some additional details about the program's broadcast schedule, and to no one's surprise, it appears the network is planning to milk the hit series for all it can. Hopefully things will work out better for the network the last time they tried this with the sequel to the (at the time) smash hit "Temptation Island" series -- which subsequently bombed during it's significantly extended twelve episode run.
Fox may be keeping the plot twist and other details of Joe Millionaire 2 secret, but at least we now know when the secret will begin to be revealed. The Hollywood Reporter reports that Fox has announced that its new Monday night lineup, which consists of Joe 2 at 8 PM and the drama Skin at 9 PM, will debut this fall on October 20, a week ahead of most of the Fox lineup (but a month behind the Friday-night shows).
TV Guide Online reports that, despite the best efforts of reporters to pry information from Fox executives, no information about Joe Millionaire 2 was released by the network during the recent press tour other than the fact that butler Paul Hogan would also appear in the sequel.
They said it couldn't be done. But it will be. The Associated Press reports that Fox TV chairman Sandy Grushow has confirmed that the network will produce a second edition of Joe Millionaire, even though potential contestants are unlikely to be fooled by a repeat of the show's underlying fraud regarding "Joe"'s wealth. Instead, a different gimmick has been developed.
Reuters reports that Joe Millionaire might not be a one-shot deal after all. The chairman of Fox Television stated that Fox "was close to figuring out a way to do a sequel next season."
- Exclusive: 'Survivor: San Juan del Sur -- Blood vs. Water' eliminee Kelley Wentworth talks (Part 1)
- Mike "The Situation" Sorrentino pleads not guilty to tax fraud
- 'Honey Boo Boo' star "Mama June" Shannon dating alleged child molester, TLC "reassessing the future of the series"
- 'Survivor: San Juan del Sur -- Blood vs. Water' switches up the tribes and eliminates Kelley Wentworth
- Jennifer Lopez shells out $22 million for Manhattan penthouse reportedly
- Andi Dorfman and Josh Murray: Nikki Ferrell is invited to our wedding without Juan Pablo Galavis
- Khloe Kardashian reportedly can't reach Lamar Odom to finalize divorce
- Tori Spelling: Am I a b-tch if I say Dean McDermott's mistress is unattractive?
- Exclusive: 'Survivor: San Juan del Sur -- Blood vs. Water' eliminee Drew Christy talks (Part 2)