The Family News
Twenty-three-year-old dance instructor and deejay Cousin Anthony is the newly-minted millionaire from ABC's reality series, "The Family," which concluded its nine-episode run last night. In a dramatic announcement in the show's last moments, Anthony surprised viewers by vowing to split the $1 million evenly among the other nine family members on the program -- even Cousin Mike, his chief rival in the final round, who is not a blood relative to Anthony, but rather to one of Anthony's many cousins.
When "The Family" debuted in March, over nine million Americans watched the premiere, which the Palm Beach Post described as "'Dynasty' meets 'The Sopranos' meets 'Upstairs, Downstairs.' You can throw in 'Survivor' and 'Big Brother' for good measure, too." Now viewers who are already hooked and newcomers to the series can escape the summer doldrums in style when "The Family" returns to the ABC Television Network.
Reuters reports that ABC has announced that it has placed its George Hamilton-hosted reality show "The Family" on hiatus and canceled its new archeological adventure "Veritas: The Quest" series. Like most of the ABC lineup, both new shows have struggled in the ratings, and ABC said the spate of recent news preemptions and scheduling changes had made it too difficult to promote and build audiences for them.
ABC has announced the profiles for both the family members and the staff of its upcoming new "The Family" reality series. The nine episode reality series will premiere Tuesday, March 4th at 10PM ET. In it ten related contestants will compete against each other for a one million dollar fortune. Family and staff profiles follow below:
The choice is blood or money when members of a competitive, extended family battle one another for a million-dollar fortune on the nine-episode series, "The Family." For the first time ever, relatives are competing against each other on a reality show.
Not to be confused with their other already announced upcoming "The Will" reality series created by "Bachelor" creator Mike Fleiss, Variety reports that ABC has picked up another reality series entitled "The Family" that pits extended family members against each other not for an inheritence, but instead for a chance at $1 million.
- Chris Harrison: Our finger was on the pulse of Bachelor Nation's hook-up scene when casting for 'Bachelor In Paradise'
- 'The Bachelorette' host: Either Nick Viall or Shawn Booth is going to be "truly upset," creating havoc
- 'The Bachelorette' and 'Bachelor Pad' alum Ed Swiderski gets married!
- Chris Harrison: I think we'll leave 'Bachelor in Paradise' with another couple in love
- Bobbi Kristina Brown dies at age 22 -- "finally at peace," autopsy pending for "non-natural" death
- Does 'The Bachelorette' host Chris Harrison think Kaitlyn Bristowe made the right choice between Shawn Booth and Nick Viall?
- Former 'Deadliest Catch' producer shot to death in Pasadena
- 'Big Brother' dethrones HoH Jackie Ibarra, Clay Honeycutt and Becky Burgess remain on chopping block
- Brooke Hogan uses poetry to defend father Hulk against racism allegations