The Family News
Twenty-three-year-old dance instructor and deejay Cousin Anthony is the newly-minted millionaire from ABC's reality series, "The Family," which concluded its nine-episode run last night. In a dramatic announcement in the show's last moments, Anthony surprised viewers by vowing to split the $1 million evenly among the other nine family members on the program -- even Cousin Mike, his chief rival in the final round, who is not a blood relative to Anthony, but rather to one of Anthony's many cousins.
When "The Family" debuted in March, over nine million Americans watched the premiere, which the Palm Beach Post described as "'Dynasty' meets 'The Sopranos' meets 'Upstairs, Downstairs.' You can throw in 'Survivor' and 'Big Brother' for good measure, too." Now viewers who are already hooked and newcomers to the series can escape the summer doldrums in style when "The Family" returns to the ABC Television Network.
Reuters reports that ABC has announced that it has placed its George Hamilton-hosted reality show "The Family" on hiatus and canceled its new archeological adventure "Veritas: The Quest" series. Like most of the ABC lineup, both new shows have struggled in the ratings, and ABC said the spate of recent news preemptions and scheduling changes had made it too difficult to promote and build audiences for them.
ABC has announced the profiles for both the family members and the staff of its upcoming new "The Family" reality series. The nine episode reality series will premiere Tuesday, March 4th at 10PM ET. In it ten related contestants will compete against each other for a one million dollar fortune. Family and staff profiles follow below:
The choice is blood or money when members of a competitive, extended family battle one another for a million-dollar fortune on the nine-episode series, "The Family." For the first time ever, relatives are competing against each other on a reality show.
Not to be confused with their other already announced upcoming "The Will" reality series created by "Bachelor" creator Mike Fleiss, Variety reports that ABC has picked up another reality series entitled "The Family" that pits extended family members against each other not for an inheritence, but instead for a chance at $1 million.
- 'The Bachelorette' star JoJo Fletcher: It felt like Jordan Rodgers and I were boyfriend and girlfriend on Night 1
- Anne Hathaway deletes post criticizing Kardashians
- 'Dancing with the Stars' couple Peta Murgatroyd and fiance Maksim Chmerkovskiy reportedly expecting first baby
- Carrie Underwood and Brad Paisley to host 2016 CMA Awards
- Blake Shelton tries sushi for the first time on 'The Tonight Show'
- Ginger Zee: 'Dancing with the Stars' will make me a better woman, meteorologist, wife and mother
- Paige VanZant: 'Dancing with the Stars' was really fun but I miss punching people so bad!
- Nyle DiMarco: I didn't know a deaf person could dance to music as perfectly as Peta Murgatroyd and I did on 'Dancing with the Stars'
- Alisan Porter on 'The Voice' victory: Wildest dreams do come true, I walked through all of my fears!