The Family News
Twenty-three-year-old dance instructor and deejay Cousin Anthony is the newly-minted millionaire from ABC's reality series, "The Family," which concluded its nine-episode run last night. In a dramatic announcement in the show's last moments, Anthony surprised viewers by vowing to split the $1 million evenly among the other nine family members on the program -- even Cousin Mike, his chief rival in the final round, who is not a blood relative to Anthony, but rather to one of Anthony's many cousins.
When "The Family" debuted in March, over nine million Americans watched the premiere, which the Palm Beach Post described as "'Dynasty' meets 'The Sopranos' meets 'Upstairs, Downstairs.' You can throw in 'Survivor' and 'Big Brother' for good measure, too." Now viewers who are already hooked and newcomers to the series can escape the summer doldrums in style when "The Family" returns to the ABC Television Network.
Reuters reports that ABC has announced that it has placed its George Hamilton-hosted reality show "The Family" on hiatus and canceled its new archeological adventure "Veritas: The Quest" series. Like most of the ABC lineup, both new shows have struggled in the ratings, and ABC said the spate of recent news preemptions and scheduling changes had made it too difficult to promote and build audiences for them.
ABC has announced the profiles for both the family members and the staff of its upcoming new "The Family" reality series. The nine episode reality series will premiere Tuesday, March 4th at 10PM ET. In it ten related contestants will compete against each other for a one million dollar fortune. Family and staff profiles follow below:
The choice is blood or money when members of a competitive, extended family battle one another for a million-dollar fortune on the nine-episode series, "The Family." For the first time ever, relatives are competing against each other on a reality show.
Not to be confused with their other already announced upcoming "The Will" reality series created by "Bachelor" creator Mike Fleiss, Variety reports that ABC has picked up another reality series entitled "The Family" that pits extended family members against each other not for an inheritence, but instead for a chance at $1 million.
- Bruce Jenner slapped with wrongful death lawsuit from February car crash that killed woman
- Kim Kardashian: Sex with Kanye West is "getting exhausting" just like renewing our vows would be
- Melissa Rivers: My mom Joan Rivers' death was "100 percent preventable"
- Dean McDermott: Tori Spelling is recovering and resting at home from severe grill burns
- Alfonso Ribeiro welcomes newborn son with wife Angela
- 'The Real Housewives of New Jersey' star Melissa Gorga reveals Teresa Giudice's mental state in prison
- Kendall Jenner billboard in NYC vandalized with red paint in drone attack
- Kim Kardashian on Bruce Jenner gender transformation: I warned him not to steal my glam team!
- 'American Idol's Tyanna Jones: Having someone in your ear is tough, I know where Clark's coming from