Twenty-three-year-old dance instructor and deejay Cousin Anthony is the newly-minted millionaire from ABC's reality series, "The Family," which concluded its nine-episode run last night. In a dramatic announcement in the show's last moments, Anthony surprised viewers by vowing to split the $1 million evenly among the other nine family members on the program -- even Cousin Mike, his chief rival in the final round, who is not a blood relative to Anthony, but rather to one of Anthony's many cousins. Full Story
When "The Family" debuted in March, over nine million Americans watched the premiere, which the Palm Beach Post described as "'Dynasty' meets 'The Sopranos' meets 'Upstairs, Downstairs.' You can throw in 'Survivor' and 'Big Brother' for good measure, too." Now viewers who are already hooked and newcomers to the series can escape the summer doldrums in style when "The Family" returns to the ABC Television Network.
Reuters reports that ABC has announced that it has placed its George Hamilton-hosted reality show "The Family" on hiatus and canceled its new archeological adventure "Veritas: The Quest" series. Like most of the ABC lineup, both new shows have struggled in the ratings, and ABC said the spate of recent news preemptions and scheduling changes had made it too difficult to promote and build audiences for them.
ABC has announced the profiles for both the family members and the staff of its upcoming new "The Family" reality series. The nine episode reality series will premiere Tuesday, March 4th at 10PM ET. In it ten related contestants will compete against each other for a one million dollar fortune. Family and staff profiles follow below:
The choice is blood or money when members of a competitive, extended family battle one another for a million-dollar fortune on the nine-episode series, "The Family." For the first time ever, relatives are competing against each other on a reality show.
Not to be confused with their other already announced upcoming "The Will" reality series created by "Bachelor" creator Mike Fleiss, Variety reports that ABC has picked up another reality series entitled "The Family" that pits extended family members against each other not for an inheritence, but instead for a chance at $1 million.
- Caitlyn Jenner: I used to be against gay marriage
- Jessie James Decker and husband Eric Decker welcome a son
- Giada De Laurentiis and Todd Thompson divorce finalized
- Josh Murray appears to have new beautiful blonde girlfriend
- 'The Celebrity Apprentice' frontrunners for Donald Trump's old job reportedly revealed
- 'Million Dollar Listing Los Angeles' star David Parnes gets engaged to Adrian Abnosi
- 'So You Think You Can Dance' host Cat Deeley expecting first child!
- Melissa Rivers remembers Joan Rivers through laughter with E! special on anniversary of her death
- 'Big Brother's houseguests oust James Huling and Meg Maley in special double eviction
- CBS reveals full details about 11 teams to compete on 'The Amazing Race' Season 27
- Tori Spelling reportedly suing hibachi restaurant where she fell and suffered burns
- Former 'The Bachelorette' star Ali Fedotowsky gets engaged!
- 'Bachelor in Paradise' host Chris Harrison talks 'After Paradise'
- 'Last Comic Standing' advances five comics to next week's finale
- 'America's Got Talent' sends 5 acts through to the finals
- 'America's Next Top Model' eliminates Dustin Mcneer
- 'Big Brother' HoH Vanessa Rousso names replacement nominee after PoV competition
- 'Bachelor in Paradise' host Chris Harrison: I thought Samantha Steffen was going to be a fan-favorite!
- Kendra Wilkinson denies reports a Hank Baskett divorce is "imminent"
- Kylie Jenner dyes hair blonde and hints she might go lighter, tells Khloe Kardashian to watch out
- Chris Bukowski describes personal demons and life-changing struggle as reasons for 'Bachelor' retirement
- Kirk DeWindt and Carly Waddell's shocking 'Bachelor in Paradise' ending reportedly revealed!
- 'Bachelor in Paradise' host Chris Harrison: The jury is still out on Joe Bailey
- Jessa Duggar appears to turn against brother Josh Duggar