Starting Over News
For the first time, a reality series has won a 'Best Series' Daytime Emmy Award. This Daytime Emmy also happens to be the first Emmy ever won by the widely acknowledged creators of the modern reality TV genre, Bunim/Murray Productions.
For its new second season that began broadcasting this week, Bunim-Murray’s “Starting Over” daytime reality series is getting its own chance at a new start by vacating its original Chicago-based home, and taking root in a Spanish-style $6 million home nestled in the Hollywood Hills.
Starting Over, the syndicated real-life daytime drama from the Bunim-Murray Productions folks behind MTV's The Real World series, has started production on its second season which will premiere on September 13, 2004.
NBC Enterprises' daytime series Starting Over will welcome the youngest reality cast member ever later this month, when one of the housemates on the nationally syndicated daily series gives birth to a bouncing baby girl.
Starting Over, the daily daytime reality series distributed by NBC Enterprises, has been renewed for a second season on the NBC owned and operated stations.
Bunim-Murray Productions' syndicated series "Starting Over" premieres today, September 8 (check local listings for station and time information.) Created by the producers of MTV's "The Real World," the daily weekday series promises to "fuse reality TV with the daytime soap opera" and has already been nicknamed a "soaprah" by the press for its combination of soap opera-style stories and issues favoured by talk shows such as Oprah Winfrey's.
The Associated Press reports that Bunim/Murray Productions, the producers of this fall's new upcoming "Starting Over" syndicated reality program, are being sued by angry residents of an upscale neighborhood who don't want the program to set up shop near them.
Variety reports that the new NBC-Bunim/Murray syndicated show Starting Over will film its first set of episodes in Chicago. As previously reported here, the show will feature women going through major life changes while living together in a house for 20 weeks. (Does "loss of privacy" count as a major life change?)
'Real World' producers Bunim/Murray and NBC to launch syndicated daytime 'Starting Over' reality seriesDecember 5, 2002
NBC Enterprises has annoucned that it will partner with Bunim/Murray Productions, producers of the long-running reality series “The Real World” and “Road Rules,” on a one-hour strip for a first-run syndication series, “Starting Over.”
- 'The Amazing Race' crowns its latest champions
- Exclusive: Missy Payne talks 'Survivor: San Juan del Sur -- Blood vs. Water' (Part 1)
- Adam Savage addresses 'MythBusters' departures of Tory Belleci, Kari Byron and Grant Imahara
- Exclusive: 'Survivor: San Juan del Sur -- Blood vs. Water' runner-up Jaclyn Schultz talks (Part 1)
- Kylie Jenner and Tyga face paparazzi in LA after their first "date night"
- Kris Jenner reportedly undecided about changing Jenner surname following divorce
- Jill Duggar shows off her baby bump in beach Instagram photo
- 'The Biggest Loser' ousts John "JJ" O'Malley for good, sends Jordan Alicandro to Comeback Canyon
- Exclusive: 'Survivor: San Juan del Sur -- Blood vs. Water' winner Natalie Anderson talks (Part 1)