Married By America
Fox TV stations fined for indecency over 'Married By America' broadcast Full Story
The battle over indecency on the airwaves has now spread to reality TV -- and it looks like a 2003 Fox program has become the test case.
The Herald Sun reports that WRAZ-50, the local FOX affiliate in Raleigh, NC announced on Monday that it will no longer air FOX's "Married In America" reality TV show. Station managers said the show "demeans and exploits the institution of marriage." The program follows singles Jennifer Jaynes, Jill Marie Nicolini, Matt Arden, Billie Jeanne Houle and Stephen Savona as they let American TV viewers choose their fiancés and fiancées.
What, you mean you have to actually BE SINGLE to be able to appear on FOX's "Married By America" as a suitor who's willing to get married?? Who'd a thunk it -- apparently not the female suitor identified only as "Denise L." The NY Post reports that "Denise L.", a "suitor" on the program, has turned out to married but separated from her husband, thus breaking the show's rules of eligibility. Not that a formal divorce would help matters, since according to the rules all suitors must be single and never married.
Variety reports that viewers weren't exactly ecstatic for the "Married By America" series opener. The two-hour premiere netted a third-place 4.1 rating/10 share in the coveted adults 18-49 demographic.
FOX has released the names and photos of the twenty five suitors who will be hoping to get selected by America to marry the five "Married By America" singles appearing upon the reality series. There are ten women and fifteen men to match the two male and three female singles who've agreed to get married.
FOX has revealed the identities and photos for five of the singles who will be appearing on their upcoming "Married In America" arranged marriage reality series. The series will premiere Monday, March 3rd at 8:00PM ET followed by a one-hour episode on Wednesday, March 5th at 9:00PM ET.
FOX has announced that "Married By America" their new, unscripted reality series from the creators of the hit series “Joe Millionaire,” will launch with a three-hour premiere over two nights. The first two hours will air on Monday, March 3 (8:00-10:00 PM ET/PT) followed by a one-hour episode on Wednesday, March 5 (9:00-10:00 PM ET/PT). One-hour episodes will begin airing in their regular Monday (9:00-10:00 PM ET/PT) time period on March 10 - the night the series’ couples meet for the very first time and get engaged.
Are you single and tired of the dating scene? Do you dread another Saturday night as “the third wheel?” Do you believe that your Mr. or Mrs. Right is out there somewhere, but you just haven’t found him or her yet? Find out who is willing to take a once-in-a-lifetime chance to change their future and meet the person of their dreams on MARRIED BY AMERICA, the new, unscripted reality series from the creators of the hit series “Joe Millionaire,” premiering Monday, March 10 (8:00-10:00 PM ET/PT) on FOX.
Varieety reports that FOX is developing "Married by America," a weekly reality series that will search for folks hungry to get hitched -- and then set them up with arranged marriages. The American viewing public will play matchmaker, voting on which couples will get engaged.
- Alfonso Ribeiro on 'Dancing with the Stars' triumph: I was kind of in shock and almost fell to my knees
- Teresa Giudice planning to file for divorce from husband Joe Giudice after prison sentence, says source
- Anna 'Chickadee' Cardwell won't spend Thanksgiving with Honey Boo Boo and the family
- Kim Kardashian's representative denies Kanye West breakup rumors
- Fifth Harmony member Camila Cabello and Austin Mahone split
- Kendall Jenner slammed by model Arisce Wanzer
- Tori Spelling confirms husband Dean McDermott is done with 'True Tori,' but is she?
- Teresa Giudice reportedly lands deal with Bravo to host cooking show after prison release
- 'Dancing with the Stars' couple Janel Parrish and Val Chmerkovskiy continue dodging dating questions
- Jordin Sparks appears to bash ex-boyfriend Jason Derulo in new mixtape
- 'The Voice' eliminates Reagan James and Anita Antoinette, America saves Ryan Sill again
- 'Dancing with the Stars' crowns Alfonso Ribeiro and partner Witney Carson new champions
- Kathy Griffin: Joan Rivers and I had discussed having me join 'Fashion Police'
- Val Chmerkovskiy sends Janel Parrish emotional "love you" message before 'Dancing with the Stars' finale
- 'Dancing with the Stars' partner Derek Hough: Bethany Mota and I hid things from the show's cameras
- Leah Messer reportedly "scarred" from 'Teen Mom 2' and therefore quitting
- Janel Parrish on 'Dancing with the Stars' finale: I think Alfonso Ribeiro is the one to beat
- Jenny McCarthy and Donnie Wahlberg: Our 'Donnie Loves Jenny' reality show won't break us up!
- Exclusive: 'Survivor: San Juan del Sur -- Blood vs. Water' eliminee Jeremy Collins talks (Part 2)
- Kendra Wilkinson: I didn't know sex was involved when I moved into the 'Playboy' mansion with Hugh Hefner
- TV station apologizes for 'Dancing With the Stars' tweet during Ferguson decision
- 'The Voice' Top 10 artists mentored by Diana Ross, Clive Davis, Patrick Stump, Colbie Caillat, and Christina Aguilera
- 'Dancing with the Stars' cuts Bethany Mota and Derek Hough as Alfonso Ribeiro and Witney Carson earn perfect total score
- Exclusive: 'The Amazing Race' eliminee Te Jay McGrath talks (Part 1)