Married By America
Fox TV stations fined for indecency over 'Married By America' broadcast Full Story
The battle over indecency on the airwaves has now spread to reality TV -- and it looks like a 2003 Fox program has become the test case.
The Herald Sun reports that WRAZ-50, the local FOX affiliate in Raleigh, NC announced on Monday that it will no longer air FOX's "Married In America" reality TV show. Station managers said the show "demeans and exploits the institution of marriage." The program follows singles Jennifer Jaynes, Jill Marie Nicolini, Matt Arden, Billie Jeanne Houle and Stephen Savona as they let American TV viewers choose their fiancés and fiancées.
What, you mean you have to actually BE SINGLE to be able to appear on FOX's "Married By America" as a suitor who's willing to get married?? Who'd a thunk it -- apparently not the female suitor identified only as "Denise L." The NY Post reports that "Denise L.", a "suitor" on the program, has turned out to married but separated from her husband, thus breaking the show's rules of eligibility. Not that a formal divorce would help matters, since according to the rules all suitors must be single and never married.
Variety reports that viewers weren't exactly ecstatic for the "Married By America" series opener. The two-hour premiere netted a third-place 4.1 rating/10 share in the coveted adults 18-49 demographic.
FOX has released the names and photos of the twenty five suitors who will be hoping to get selected by America to marry the five "Married By America" singles appearing upon the reality series. There are ten women and fifteen men to match the two male and three female singles who've agreed to get married.
FOX has revealed the identities and photos for five of the singles who will be appearing on their upcoming "Married In America" arranged marriage reality series. The series will premiere Monday, March 3rd at 8:00PM ET followed by a one-hour episode on Wednesday, March 5th at 9:00PM ET.
FOX has announced that "Married By America" their new, unscripted reality series from the creators of the hit series “Joe Millionaire,” will launch with a three-hour premiere over two nights. The first two hours will air on Monday, March 3 (8:00-10:00 PM ET/PT) followed by a one-hour episode on Wednesday, March 5 (9:00-10:00 PM ET/PT). One-hour episodes will begin airing in their regular Monday (9:00-10:00 PM ET/PT) time period on March 10 - the night the series’ couples meet for the very first time and get engaged.
Are you single and tired of the dating scene? Do you dread another Saturday night as “the third wheel?” Do you believe that your Mr. or Mrs. Right is out there somewhere, but you just haven’t found him or her yet? Find out who is willing to take a once-in-a-lifetime chance to change their future and meet the person of their dreams on MARRIED BY AMERICA, the new, unscripted reality series from the creators of the hit series “Joe Millionaire,” premiering Monday, March 10 (8:00-10:00 PM ET/PT) on FOX.
Varieety reports that FOX is developing "Married by America," a weekly reality series that will search for folks hungry to get hitched -- and then set them up with arranged marriages. The American viewing public will play matchmaker, voting on which couples will get engaged.
- 'The Bachelor' star Juan Pablo Galavis' bachelorettes revealed by ABC
- Kim Kardashian and fiance Kanye West reportedly pick wedding venue
- Nigella Lawson admits to prior occasional cocaine and cannabis use in fraud court case
- 'The Biggest Loser' eliminates Ruben Studdard for the second time
- 'The Voice' eliminates Matthew Schuler, determines Top 5 finalists
- Exclusive: 'Survivor: Blood vs. Water' eliminee Vytas Baskauskas talks (Part 2)
- 'The Voice' artists Jacquie Lee and Matthew Schuler on "Team Christina" sing "blow for blow" in quarterfinals
- 'The Sing-Off' fourth-season cast revealed by NBC, to debut December 9
- Khloe Kardashian and Lamar Odom reportedly spend Thanksgiving apart, Lamar to return to the LA Clippers
- Exclusive: 'Survivor: Blood vs. Water' eliminee Vytas Baskauskas talks (Part 1)
- Kim Kardashian lashes out at Twitter commenter for criticizing her parenting
- Ryan Seacrest reportedly dating model and personal trainer Shayna Terese Taylor
- 'The Amazing Race' team Leo Temory and Jamal Zadran survive non-elimination leg
- 'Survivor: Blood vs. Water' eliminates "loved one" Vytas Baskauskas, votes out "loved one" Caleb Bankston
- 'Kitchen Cousins' construction company sued by New Jersey couple
- Kris Jenner was reportedly upset and in tears over Kim Kardashian's topless scene in Kanye West's 'Bound 2' music video
- Evelyn Lozada confirms she's pregnant, declines to reveal the father
- 'The X Factor' eliminates Lillie McCloud and Josh Levi in Thanksgiving elimination
- Valerie Harper: I'm feeling "pretty good" despite cancer
- 'Dancing with the Stars' champion Amber Riley: It was hard and uncomfortable, but I pulled it out in the end!
- 'Crocodile Hunter' daughter Bindi Irwin: We're "just kids" despite our fame
- Carrie Underwood: "I get hate tweets" for taking on the role of Maria in 'The Sound of Music'
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West approve of James Franco and Seth Rogen's 'Bound 2' music video spoof
- 'The Taste' to still premiere in January despite Nigella Lawson drug abuse allegations