The search for Canada's next singing sensation extends to the sub-arctic, as "Canadian Idol" holds auditions in Whitehorse, Yukon Territory. Full Story
CTV has announced the nine-city, eleven-week audition tour for the second installment of its Canadian Idol series.
The search is on for Canada's next Ryan Malcolm. CTV has announced that Canadian Idol, Canadian television's record breaking success story, will return for a second season in Summer 2004. Open auditions will begin in nine Canadian cities starting in mid-February.
The Pop Idol concept may not play as well in Canada as in the U.S. -- at least not on the album sales charts.
In a showdown between two of the final four from CTV's Canadian Idol, champ Ryan Malcolm once again defeated Quebecois songbird Audrey de Montigny ... or rather, his ViK. single defeated her ViK. single. In the Nielsen SoundScan Canadian Single Sales chart for the week ending November 9, Ryan's "Something More" remained #1 for the sixth straight week, while Audrey's French-language "Meme les Anges" was forced to settle for second place in its debut.
CTV's Canadian Idol winner Ryan Malcolm's debut single, "Something More," once again was #1 on the Nielsen SoundScan Canadian Singles Sales chart for the week ended November 2. The ViK. single has now held on to the top slot for five striaght weeks.
Canadian Idol winner Ryan Malcolm retained his position atop the Nielsen SoundScan Canadian Singles Sales charts for the week ended October 26 ... and once again, American Idol winner Kelly Clarkson remained close behind.
BMG Canada has signed a second finalist from Canadian Idol, but it isn't who you might think. BMG announced this month that fourth-place finisher Audrey de Montigny from Ste.-Julienne, Quebec will record for BMG's ViK. label.
The U.S. and Canadian Idols went head-to-head this week ... and in the end, the home Idol won. On the Nielsen SoundScan Canadian Singles Sales chart for the week ended October 19, CTV's Canadian Idol winner Ryan Malcolm's debut single "Something More" edged out American Idol winner Kelly Clarkson's "Low" for #1.
The Pop Idol franchise contiunues to produce national hits for BMG Music Group. The latest success belongs to Ryan Malcolm, the winner of CTV's Canadian Idol, whose single "Something More" on BMG's Canadian-only ViK. label has now spent two weeks at #1 on the Nielsen SoundScan Canadian Single Sales charts.
The Toronto Sun reports that, as expected, Ryan Malcolm from Kingston, Ontario was selected by viewers as the winner of CTV's Canadian Idol. Malcolm, known by the derogatory moniker "Waiter Boy" -- a reference to his real-life job prior to Idol, defeated Nova Scotian Gary Beals in the final showdown.
The Toronto Sun reports that CTV's Canadian Idol, the all-Canadian version of Pop Idol (and thus the first cousin to Fox's American Idol), is down to its final two contestants. Ryan Malcolm from Kingston, Ontario and Gary Beals from Dartmouth, Nova Scotia have reached the finals, after Billy Klippert from Calgary, Alberta was voted out in the final elimination. This week, Ryan and Billy will perform with American Idol 2 winner Ruben Studdard as part of their final showdown.
- Chris Soules: Yes, I am the next 'The Bachelor' star and I'm flattered!
- 'Bachelor in Paradise' eliminates three contestants, sees Clare Crawley quit
- Chris Soules reportedly officially next 'The Bachelor' star, Arie Luyendyk Jr. announces he didn't get picked
- 'Bachelor in Paradise' host Chris Harrison: What big mistake did Kalon McMahon make?
- 'Bachelor in Paradise' host: Graham Bunn and Zack Kalter need to move into a safe house and ride this thing out together
- 'Manzo'd with Children' starring Caroline Manzo and family to premiere October 5 on Bravo
- AshLee Frazier doesn't regret 'Bachelor in Paradise' drama with Clare Crawley, say sources
- Kristin Cavallari rocks tight dress during 'Good Morning America' appearance
- 'The Amazing Race' wins Emmy award for Outstanding Reality-Competition Program
- 'Bachelor in Paradise' episode ends on cliffhanger, will Graham Bunn accept AshLee Frazier's rose?
- Kellie Pickler already working on her fifth album
- Kim Kardashian, Kendall Jenner and Kylie Jenner ignore VMA's Ferguson tribute
- Donald Trump slams Emmys host Seth Meyers is a "total joke" with "no talent"
- LeAnn Rimes not waiting "much longer" for kids with Eddie Cibrian
- WE tv picks up American version of U.K.'s 'Sex Box' on-stage sex reality show
- Bruce Jenner reportedly wearing Spanx under everything
- Julianne Hough shares brother Derek Hough's reaction to 'Dancing with the Stars' judging news
- Renee Oteri reveals she's expecting a baby boy with new husband Bracy Maynard
- Former 'Jersey Shore' star Sammi "Sweetheart" Giancola talks Ronnie Ortiz-Magro breakup
- Nick Cannon reportedly responsible for Mariah Carey split, he chose to leave her
- 'Big Brother' Head of Household Cody Calafiore reveals his two nominations for eviction
- 'Rising Star' crowns Jesse Kinch its first winner over runner-up Austin French
- Stacy Keibler gives birth to a baby girl
- Jennifer Lopez on getting married again: "I'm not one to whore around"