The search for Canada's next singing sensation extends to the sub-arctic, as "Canadian Idol" holds auditions in Whitehorse, Yukon Territory. Full Story
CTV has announced the nine-city, eleven-week audition tour for the second installment of its Canadian Idol series.
The search is on for Canada's next Ryan Malcolm. CTV has announced that Canadian Idol, Canadian television's record breaking success story, will return for a second season in Summer 2004. Open auditions will begin in nine Canadian cities starting in mid-February.
The Pop Idol concept may not play as well in Canada as in the U.S. -- at least not on the album sales charts.
In a showdown between two of the final four from CTV's Canadian Idol, champ Ryan Malcolm once again defeated Quebecois songbird Audrey de Montigny ... or rather, his ViK. single defeated her ViK. single. In the Nielsen SoundScan Canadian Single Sales chart for the week ending November 9, Ryan's "Something More" remained #1 for the sixth straight week, while Audrey's French-language "Meme les Anges" was forced to settle for second place in its debut.
CTV's Canadian Idol winner Ryan Malcolm's debut single, "Something More," once again was #1 on the Nielsen SoundScan Canadian Singles Sales chart for the week ended November 2. The ViK. single has now held on to the top slot for five striaght weeks.
Canadian Idol winner Ryan Malcolm retained his position atop the Nielsen SoundScan Canadian Singles Sales charts for the week ended October 26 ... and once again, American Idol winner Kelly Clarkson remained close behind.
BMG Canada has signed a second finalist from Canadian Idol, but it isn't who you might think. BMG announced this month that fourth-place finisher Audrey de Montigny from Ste.-Julienne, Quebec will record for BMG's ViK. label.
The U.S. and Canadian Idols went head-to-head this week ... and in the end, the home Idol won. On the Nielsen SoundScan Canadian Singles Sales chart for the week ended October 19, CTV's Canadian Idol winner Ryan Malcolm's debut single "Something More" edged out American Idol winner Kelly Clarkson's "Low" for #1.
The Pop Idol franchise contiunues to produce national hits for BMG Music Group. The latest success belongs to Ryan Malcolm, the winner of CTV's Canadian Idol, whose single "Something More" on BMG's Canadian-only ViK. label has now spent two weeks at #1 on the Nielsen SoundScan Canadian Single Sales charts.
The Toronto Sun reports that, as expected, Ryan Malcolm from Kingston, Ontario was selected by viewers as the winner of CTV's Canadian Idol. Malcolm, known by the derogatory moniker "Waiter Boy" -- a reference to his real-life job prior to Idol, defeated Nova Scotian Gary Beals in the final showdown.
The Toronto Sun reports that CTV's Canadian Idol, the all-Canadian version of Pop Idol (and thus the first cousin to Fox's American Idol), is down to its final two contestants. Ryan Malcolm from Kingston, Ontario and Gary Beals from Dartmouth, Nova Scotia have reached the finals, after Billy Klippert from Calgary, Alberta was voted out in the final elimination. This week, Ryan and Billy will perform with American Idol 2 winner Ruben Studdard as part of their final showdown.
- Exclusive: Ozzy Lusth talks 'Survivor: Game Changers' (Part 2) -- It sucks to be dethroned and hear of pre-game alliances
- Mel B's ex-nanny Lorraine Gilles sues over divorce allegations, claims only had sex with Mel B's husband with Mel B's consent
- Gigi Hadid celebrates her 22nd birthday with Zayn Malik
- Abby Lee Miller undergoes weight-loss surgery shortly before prison sentencing
- Jennifer Lopez says Alex Rodriguez romance started with random lunch run-in
- Rashad Jennings -- 6 things to know about the 'Dancing with the Stars' celebrity
- Kim Zolciak reveals 4-year-old son Kash underwent emergency surgery for "traumatic injuries" after dog bite
- Nancy Kerrigan -- 6 things to know about the 'Dancing with the Stars' celebrity
- Exclusive: Hali Ford talks 'Survivor' -- Jeff Varner is a really good guy, things have gone way too far
- Caitlyn Jenner to appear on Tucker Carlson's first 8 p.m. show on Monday
- 'Dancing with the Stars' spoilers: Boy Bands and Girl Groups night -- Songs, dances and special guest judge!
- Caitlyn Jenner's memoir reportedly "upset" the Kardashians and is "the last straw" for Khloe Kardashian
- Kim Kardashian: Rob Kardashian and Blac Chyna are "just not meant to be"
- Mariah Carey and Nick Cannon and their twins read bedtime story
- 'Survivor' eliminees Hali Ford and Ozzy Lusth speak out about Jeff Varner outing Zeke Smith as transgender
- 'The Amazing Race's Liz Espey and Michael Rado survive Season 29's first non-elimination leg
- 'The Amazing Race' recap: Sara Fowler and Shamir Arzeno eliminated in Tanzania
- Sonja Morgan reveals she dated Jack Nicholson
- Exclusive: Ozzy Lusth talks 'Survivor: Game Changers' (Part 1) -- I trusted all the wrong people
- Rob Kardashian and Blac Chyna spotted on cozy dinner date, post flirty videos on Snapchat
- 'The Bachelorette' alum Robby Hayes responds to whether he's dating 'Are You The One's Kathryn Palmer
- Kris Jenner vents about Caitlyn Jenner's upcoming memoir: "Everything she says is all made up... I'm done!"
- Exclusive: Hali Ford talks 'Survivor: Game Changers' and reveals pre-game alliances
- Tyra Banks' 'Life-Size 2' movie sequel greenlit at Freeform