The search for Canada's next singing sensation extends to the sub-arctic, as "Canadian Idol" holds auditions in Whitehorse, Yukon Territory. Full Story
CTV has announced the nine-city, eleven-week audition tour for the second installment of its Canadian Idol series.
The search is on for Canada's next Ryan Malcolm. CTV has announced that Canadian Idol, Canadian television's record breaking success story, will return for a second season in Summer 2004. Open auditions will begin in nine Canadian cities starting in mid-February.
The Pop Idol concept may not play as well in Canada as in the U.S. -- at least not on the album sales charts.
In a showdown between two of the final four from CTV's Canadian Idol, champ Ryan Malcolm once again defeated Quebecois songbird Audrey de Montigny ... or rather, his ViK. single defeated her ViK. single. In the Nielsen SoundScan Canadian Single Sales chart for the week ending November 9, Ryan's "Something More" remained #1 for the sixth straight week, while Audrey's French-language "Meme les Anges" was forced to settle for second place in its debut.
CTV's Canadian Idol winner Ryan Malcolm's debut single, "Something More," once again was #1 on the Nielsen SoundScan Canadian Singles Sales chart for the week ended November 2. The ViK. single has now held on to the top slot for five striaght weeks.
Canadian Idol winner Ryan Malcolm retained his position atop the Nielsen SoundScan Canadian Singles Sales charts for the week ended October 26 ... and once again, American Idol winner Kelly Clarkson remained close behind.
BMG Canada has signed a second finalist from Canadian Idol, but it isn't who you might think. BMG announced this month that fourth-place finisher Audrey de Montigny from Ste.-Julienne, Quebec will record for BMG's ViK. label.
The U.S. and Canadian Idols went head-to-head this week ... and in the end, the home Idol won. On the Nielsen SoundScan Canadian Singles Sales chart for the week ended October 19, CTV's Canadian Idol winner Ryan Malcolm's debut single "Something More" edged out American Idol winner Kelly Clarkson's "Low" for #1.
The Pop Idol franchise contiunues to produce national hits for BMG Music Group. The latest success belongs to Ryan Malcolm, the winner of CTV's Canadian Idol, whose single "Something More" on BMG's Canadian-only ViK. label has now spent two weeks at #1 on the Nielsen SoundScan Canadian Single Sales charts.
The Toronto Sun reports that, as expected, Ryan Malcolm from Kingston, Ontario was selected by viewers as the winner of CTV's Canadian Idol. Malcolm, known by the derogatory moniker "Waiter Boy" -- a reference to his real-life job prior to Idol, defeated Nova Scotian Gary Beals in the final showdown.
The Toronto Sun reports that CTV's Canadian Idol, the all-Canadian version of Pop Idol (and thus the first cousin to Fox's American Idol), is down to its final two contestants. Ryan Malcolm from Kingston, Ontario and Gary Beals from Dartmouth, Nova Scotia have reached the finals, after Billy Klippert from Calgary, Alberta was voted out in the final elimination. This week, Ryan and Billy will perform with American Idol 2 winner Ruben Studdard as part of their final showdown.
- Corinne Olympios is so fascinating, insists 'The Bachelor' host -- You will see her differently in a few weeks
- Summer Zervos sues Donald Trump for defamation after accusing ex-'The Apprentice' star of sexual assault
- Ali Fedotowsky talks sexuality on 'The Bachelor': Nick Viall's bachelorettes are better than this!
- Vanessa Grimaldi and I had magic, says 'The Bachelor' Nick Viall -- I'd be lucky to have her as a partner
- Amber Rose and Val Chmerkovskiy smooch for kiss cam
- Dominique Alexis -- 'The Bachelor' Nick Viall: I couldn't get her off my mind but our spark disappeared
- Kourtney Kardashian spotted out with Justin Bieber again
- Corinne Olympios -- 'The Bachelor' star Nick Viall: I stand by her and her confidence
- 'The New Celebrity Apprentice' star Arnold Schwarzenegger terminates comedian Jon Lovitz
- Coco Austin and daughter Chanel wear matching bikinis
- 'The New Celebrity Apprentice' star Arnold Schwarzenegger fires Kyle Richards
- 'The Bachelor' star Nick Viall eliminates Dominique Alexis, Elizabeth Whitelaw, Lacey Mark and Hailey Merkt
- 'The Bachelor' Nick Viall reportedly tried making moves "on every single girl," no one truly knows how many he had sex with
- Blake Shelton to perform at People's Choice Awards ceremony
- Danielle "Lo" Lombard reportedly deemed "fake" by 'The Bachelor' bachelorettes -- "she didn't get along with the others"
- Nick Viall -- 20 of 'The Bachelor' star's sexiest pics!! (PHOTOS)
- Raven Gates' 'The Bachelor' comment was something I didn't like, says Nick Viall
- Dominique Alexis -- 7 things to know about Nick Viall's 'The Bachelor' bachelorette
- Nick Viall: Corinne Olympios interrupted more people on one date than I did in two 'The Bachelorette' seasons
- Astrid Loch -- 7 things to know about Nick Viall's 'The Bachelor' bachelorette
- Jordan Rodgers' dad Ed talks family's estrangement from Aaron Rodgers -- "Fame can change things"
- Danielle "Lo" Lombard -- 7 things to know about Nick Viall's 'The Bachelor' bachelorette
- Peta Murgatroyd shares personal Instagram photo of post-birth baby bump, fans admire positive message
- Raven Gates -- 7 things to know about Nick Viall's 'The Bachelor' bachelorette