The search for Canada's next singing sensation extends to the sub-arctic, as "Canadian Idol" holds auditions in Whitehorse, Yukon Territory. Full Story
CTV has announced the nine-city, eleven-week audition tour for the second installment of its Canadian Idol series.
The search is on for Canada's next Ryan Malcolm. CTV has announced that Canadian Idol, Canadian television's record breaking success story, will return for a second season in Summer 2004. Open auditions will begin in nine Canadian cities starting in mid-February.
The Pop Idol concept may not play as well in Canada as in the U.S. -- at least not on the album sales charts.
In a showdown between two of the final four from CTV's Canadian Idol, champ Ryan Malcolm once again defeated Quebecois songbird Audrey de Montigny ... or rather, his ViK. single defeated her ViK. single. In the Nielsen SoundScan Canadian Single Sales chart for the week ending November 9, Ryan's "Something More" remained #1 for the sixth straight week, while Audrey's French-language "Meme les Anges" was forced to settle for second place in its debut.
CTV's Canadian Idol winner Ryan Malcolm's debut single, "Something More," once again was #1 on the Nielsen SoundScan Canadian Singles Sales chart for the week ended November 2. The ViK. single has now held on to the top slot for five striaght weeks.
Canadian Idol winner Ryan Malcolm retained his position atop the Nielsen SoundScan Canadian Singles Sales charts for the week ended October 26 ... and once again, American Idol winner Kelly Clarkson remained close behind.
BMG Canada has signed a second finalist from Canadian Idol, but it isn't who you might think. BMG announced this month that fourth-place finisher Audrey de Montigny from Ste.-Julienne, Quebec will record for BMG's ViK. label.
The U.S. and Canadian Idols went head-to-head this week ... and in the end, the home Idol won. On the Nielsen SoundScan Canadian Singles Sales chart for the week ended October 19, CTV's Canadian Idol winner Ryan Malcolm's debut single "Something More" edged out American Idol winner Kelly Clarkson's "Low" for #1.
The Pop Idol franchise contiunues to produce national hits for BMG Music Group. The latest success belongs to Ryan Malcolm, the winner of CTV's Canadian Idol, whose single "Something More" on BMG's Canadian-only ViK. label has now spent two weeks at #1 on the Nielsen SoundScan Canadian Single Sales charts.
The Toronto Sun reports that, as expected, Ryan Malcolm from Kingston, Ontario was selected by viewers as the winner of CTV's Canadian Idol. Malcolm, known by the derogatory moniker "Waiter Boy" -- a reference to his real-life job prior to Idol, defeated Nova Scotian Gary Beals in the final showdown.
The Toronto Sun reports that CTV's Canadian Idol, the all-Canadian version of Pop Idol (and thus the first cousin to Fox's American Idol), is down to its final two contestants. Ryan Malcolm from Kingston, Ontario and Gary Beals from Dartmouth, Nova Scotia have reached the finals, after Billy Klippert from Calgary, Alberta was voted out in the final elimination. This week, Ryan and Billy will perform with American Idol 2 winner Ruben Studdard as part of their final showdown.
- 'Bachelor in Paradise' host Chris Harrison: I thought Samantha Steffen was going to be a fan-favorite!
- Kendra Wilkinson denies reports a Hank Baskett divorce is "imminent"
- Kylie Jenner dyes hair blonde and hints she might go lighter, tells Khloe Kardashian to watch out
- Chris Bukowski describes personal demons and life-changing struggle as reasons for 'Bachelor' retirement
- Kirk DeWindt and Carly Waddell's shocking 'Bachelor in Paradise' ending reportedly revealed!
- 'Bachelor in Paradise' host Chris Harrison: The jury is still out on Joe Bailey
- Jessa Duggar appears to turn against brother Josh Duggar
- 'Dancing with the Stars' annouces remaining cast and professional pairings for Season 21
- Arielle Baril and Siro-A impress on 'America's Got Talent'
- White House "looking forward" to Kanye West's presidential bid in '20
- 'The Real Housewives of New York City' star Sonja Morgan on Josh Taekman's Ashley Madison account: I could see it coming
- Gary Busey going 'Dancing with the Stars'
- Ashley Iaconetti reveals whether she had sex with Jared Haibon on 'Bachelor in Paradise'
- Jessa Duggar's father-in-law Michael Seewald slams Josh Duggar
- Kelly Osbourne gives flowers to Melissa Rivers for 'Fashion Police' return
- DeAnna Pappas reveals sex of second child with Stephen Stagliano
- 'Bachelor in Paradise' host Chris Harrison: The finale will have heartbreak and devastation
- 'Dancing with the Stars' Peta Murgatroyd forced to sit out Season 21 with ankle injury
- 'Bachelor in Paradise' welcomes two new girls, Jared Haibon accepts fantasy suite with Ashley Iaconetti
- Jessa Duggar talks having tons of kids with husband Ben Seewald and returning to reality TV
- Kim Zolciak rumored to appear on 'Dancing with the Stars' next season
- Kylie Jenner stars in boyfriend Tyga's new "Stimulated" music video
- Amy Purdy and Daniel Gale get married
- Hulk Hogan asks for forgiveness following racial slur scandal