Are You Hot?
Mike Fleiss claims that Are You Hot? would be hotter than ever if it aired now instead of six years ago -- and he's still trying to get a chance to prove it. Full Story
The embarrassing failure of the ABC series Are You Hot? left another aftershock this week, when NYC radio "shock-jock" Howard Stern, who publicly sued ABC and the producers of the show for ripping off his "The Evaluators" bit, quietly settled his lawsuit. The Smoking Gun reports that Stern's attorneys filed a request on Tuesday to dismiss the suit, which alleged unfair buisness practices and other claims against the defendents.
Reuters reports that the chairman of ABC's entertainment division told reporters that the network's Are You Hot? reality show was dropped from the summer schedule because "ultimately ... it was in bad taste." Instead, ABC will be emphasizing sitcoms and reruns over the summer ... with the exception of its forthcoming reality (or should it be "horror"?) series The Real Roseanne Show, featuring high priestess of bad taste Roseanne Barr.
Pity poor ABC. For the second time in 2003, it is being sued for stealing someone's else ideas for a reality show. This time, according to the Associated Press, the party suing is Howard Stern, the king of radio "shock jocks." Stern claims that the ABC show Are You Hot? is "a blatant rip-off" of a segment of Stern's show called "The Evaluators."
ABC has announced that "Countdown to Hotness," the 1-hour lead-up special to the "Are You Hot? The Search for America's Sexiest People" series debut, featuring the search for contestants across the U.S., drew an average audience of 7.4 million viewers and a 3.1 rating, 8 share among Adults 18-49. "Countdown to Hotness" put ABC well ahead of Fox in the hour with its encore airing of "Joe Millionaire." "Countdown to Hotness" beat "Joe Millionaire" (5.1 million & 2.0/5) by 2.3 million viewers and by 55% in Adults 18-49.
Rachel Hunter, Randolph Duke, Lorenzo Lamas to host ABC's 'Are You Hot? The Search For America's Sexiest People' reality series
ABC has announced that actress/supermodel Rachel Hunter, fashion designer Randolph Duke and actor Lorenzo Lamas will help determine America's sexiest man and woman as celebrity judges on the network's upcoming "Are You Hot? The Search For America's Sexiest People" reality series.
From coast to coast, thousands of hopefuls gathered in recent weeks to get the chance to compete for the crown of the sexiest man or woman in America. Talent, personality and strategy were not required, just physical beauty and innate sexiness. Now TV viewers get their chance to vote on the regional finalists as they face a celebrity panel of experts, including Rachel Hunter, Randolph Duke and Lorenzo Lamas. The six-episode reality series from Mike Fleiss (of "The Bachelor" franchise), "Are You Hot? The Search For America's Sexiest People," debuts with a special two-hour premiere on THURSDAY, FEBRUARY 13 (8:00-10:00 p.m., ET). After the premiere week, the show will air in its regular time period on Thursdays, from 9:00-10:00 p.m., ET. The program's host is TV personality J. D. Roberto (Food Network, Animal Planet).
Reuters reports that ABC announced at Wednesday's Television Critics Association press tour that would-be hunks and babes will open competition in their "Are You Hot: The Search for America's Sexiest People," reality series on Thursday, February 13th at 9PM ET.
ABC Television and Mike Fleiss, the creator of "The Bachelor," have announced their newest reality TV show creation -- "Are You Hot?," a reality series that will scour the country in search of America's sexiest people. The six-episode series is set to air on the ABC Television Network in 2003 and will give everyday Americans the opportunity to tune in, log on and ultimately choose who will be the hottest man and woman in the nation.
- Chris Kattan reveals years of dark secrets due to broken neck -- Four surgeries, lies and hiding from the world
- Brandon Royal talks 'The Voice': When two coaches fought for me in the Blinds, I exploded inside
- 'Dancing with the Stars' pro Witney Carson: I think Rashad Jennings and Simone Biles will be in the finals
- Lauryn Judd talks 'The Voice': I was set on Alicia Keys going into my audition but one coach almost swayed me
- Peta Murgatroyd: I tried to put my Maksim Chmerkovskiy wedding on hold, to be honest
- 'The Amazing Race' and 'Survivor: Game Changers' finale dates announced by CBS
- 'The Voice' Battles 3 recap: 12 artists advance including Stephanie Rice, Jack Cassidy & Hunter Plake
- Jodie Sweetin's ex-fiance Justin Hodak arrested for violating restraining order
- 'Dancing with the Stars' recap: Chris Kattan and pro partner Witney Carson ousted, two couples top leaderboard
- Kim Kardashian -- Why she reportedly wants Baby No. 3 despite serious potential health risks
- Chris Harrison celebrates 15 years of 'The Bachelor' with throwback photo
- Christina El Moussa fires back at mommy-shamers for bikini, pool party photos -- "Thanks for your 'concern' aka judgment"
- 'America's Next Top Model' contestant Brandy Rusher reportedly in critical condition after Texas shooting
- Chris Kattan -- 5 things to know about the 'Dancing with the Stars' celebrity
- 'Dancing with the Stars' pro Gleb Savchenko expecting second baby with wife Elena Samodanova
- 'Dancing with the Stars' pros and their significant others: Who's dating and married to whom?! (PHOTOS)
- Jon Gosselin confirms plans to perform as male stripper
- Kim Kardashian reveals she wants to have third child with Kanye West
- Maksim Chmerkovskiy injured, won't perform with Heather Morris on 'Dancing with the Stars' tonight
- Nick Viall and Vanessa Grimaldi travel to 'The Bachelor's hometown for basketball game, pack on PDA
- 'The Bachelor' couples now: Whom did 'The Bachelor' stars and their final picks ultimately end up with?! (PHOTOS)
- Bonner Bolton and Sharna Burgess deny dating rumors despite great 'Dancing with the Stars' chemistry
- Jodie Sweetin and fiance Justin Hodak call it quits and split
- Malcolm Freberg talks 'Survivor': Nuku's plan was solid, J.T. Thomas had a brain fart of epic proportions