Are You Hot?
Mike Fleiss claims that Are You Hot? would be hotter than ever if it aired now instead of six years ago -- and he's still trying to get a chance to prove it. Full Story
The embarrassing failure of the ABC series Are You Hot? left another aftershock this week, when NYC radio "shock-jock" Howard Stern, who publicly sued ABC and the producers of the show for ripping off his "The Evaluators" bit, quietly settled his lawsuit. The Smoking Gun reports that Stern's attorneys filed a request on Tuesday to dismiss the suit, which alleged unfair buisness practices and other claims against the defendents.
Reuters reports that the chairman of ABC's entertainment division told reporters that the network's Are You Hot? reality show was dropped from the summer schedule because "ultimately ... it was in bad taste." Instead, ABC will be emphasizing sitcoms and reruns over the summer ... with the exception of its forthcoming reality (or should it be "horror"?) series The Real Roseanne Show, featuring high priestess of bad taste Roseanne Barr.
Pity poor ABC. For the second time in 2003, it is being sued for stealing someone's else ideas for a reality show. This time, according to the Associated Press, the party suing is Howard Stern, the king of radio "shock jocks." Stern claims that the ABC show Are You Hot? is "a blatant rip-off" of a segment of Stern's show called "The Evaluators."
ABC has announced that "Countdown to Hotness," the 1-hour lead-up special to the "Are You Hot? The Search for America's Sexiest People" series debut, featuring the search for contestants across the U.S., drew an average audience of 7.4 million viewers and a 3.1 rating, 8 share among Adults 18-49. "Countdown to Hotness" put ABC well ahead of Fox in the hour with its encore airing of "Joe Millionaire." "Countdown to Hotness" beat "Joe Millionaire" (5.1 million & 2.0/5) by 2.3 million viewers and by 55% in Adults 18-49.
Rachel Hunter, Randolph Duke, Lorenzo Lamas to host ABC's 'Are You Hot? The Search For America's Sexiest People' reality series
ABC has announced that actress/supermodel Rachel Hunter, fashion designer Randolph Duke and actor Lorenzo Lamas will help determine America's sexiest man and woman as celebrity judges on the network's upcoming "Are You Hot? The Search For America's Sexiest People" reality series.
From coast to coast, thousands of hopefuls gathered in recent weeks to get the chance to compete for the crown of the sexiest man or woman in America. Talent, personality and strategy were not required, just physical beauty and innate sexiness. Now TV viewers get their chance to vote on the regional finalists as they face a celebrity panel of experts, including Rachel Hunter, Randolph Duke and Lorenzo Lamas. The six-episode reality series from Mike Fleiss (of "The Bachelor" franchise), "Are You Hot? The Search For America's Sexiest People," debuts with a special two-hour premiere on THURSDAY, FEBRUARY 13 (8:00-10:00 p.m., ET). After the premiere week, the show will air in its regular time period on Thursdays, from 9:00-10:00 p.m., ET. The program's host is TV personality J. D. Roberto (Food Network, Animal Planet).
Reuters reports that ABC announced at Wednesday's Television Critics Association press tour that would-be hunks and babes will open competition in their "Are You Hot: The Search for America's Sexiest People," reality series on Thursday, February 13th at 9PM ET.
ABC Television and Mike Fleiss, the creator of "The Bachelor," have announced their newest reality TV show creation -- "Are You Hot?," a reality series that will scour the country in search of America's sexiest people. The six-episode series is set to air on the ABC Television Network in 2003 and will give everyday Americans the opportunity to tune in, log on and ultimately choose who will be the hottest man and woman in the nation.
- Joan Rivers' family to reportedly make decision on life support in next couple of days
- Joan Rivers still in serious condition, Melissa Rivers "so touched" by outpouring
- Kenya Moore denies dating 'The Real Housewives' co-star's ex-husband Kordell Stewart
- LeAnn Rimes under fire for joking about raping her boyfriend
- Cee Lo Green pleads no contest to charge of furnishing ecstasy to woman
- 'Bachelor in Paradise' bachelor Jesse Kovacs spills on whether or not he had a threesome
- Adam Levine: I want 100 kids with Behati Prinsloo, marriage makes me feel more manly
- Joan Rivers in a medically-induced coma, Melissa Rivers reportedly emotional wreck waiting for news
- Sean Lowe on Catherine Giudici: My wife is smokin' hot, I'm stuck in her web
- 'Dating Naked' couple Ashley Fonda and Alika Medeiros get married, to star in wedding special on VH1
- 'Big Brother' houseguests evict Donny Thompson, begin season's next HoH competition
- Kandi Burruss ready to get pregnant with husband Todd Tucker
- Chris Harrison dishes on why Chris Soules will make a great 'The Bachelor' star
- 'The Amazing Race' to introduce new "The Save" twist in Season 25
- Shakira confirms second pregnancy with boyfriend Gerard Pique
- 'Dancing with the Stars' cast to reportedly feature Janel Parrish, Betsey Johnson, Lea Thompson, Lolo Jones, Jonathan Bennett, Bethany Mota, and Antonio Sabato Jr.
- 'Big Brother's chopping block features Nicole Franzel (again) and Donny Thompson going into next live eviction
- 'America's Got Talent' reveals six of the Top 12 finalists, one "Wild Card" pick makes it through
- 'Duck Dynasty' star Sadie Robertson reportedly going 'Dancing with the Stars'
- 'Cops' crew member Bryce Dion shot and killed by police while filming robbery in Nebraska
- Joan Rivers in critical condition after stopping breathing in surgery
- 'Sons of Guns' star William Hayden arrested again and charged with raping his 12-year-old daughter
- Kendall Jenner makes first modeling appearance in American Vogue
- Bret Michaels raises money for Nebraska towns hit by tornadoes