Setting a new record for weekend reality TV futility, CBS announced today that it has axed its new The Will reality series after just a single episode broadcast. A Cold Case repeat will air in its place this week, with details on the time period's new regularly scheduled programming to be announced at a later date. Full Story
"I’d Bet the Ranch…," our episode summary for the premiere episode of CBS's The Will, written by ARnutz, is now available.
CBS revealed yesterday the identities of the wealthy patriarch and ten potential heirs who will be appearing on The Will, its new reality series that premieres Saturday, January 8 at 8PM ET/PT with a 90-minute episode.
CBS has announced that The Will, a new reality series from Bachelor creator Mike Fleiss, will premiere on Saturday, January 8 at 8PM ET/PT.
CBS has two new reality shows set for debut in January, with competitors in "The Will" striving for an inheritance and those in "Wickedly Perfect" vying to be the next Martha Stewart.
After watching last year's initial broadcast of The Family bomb in the ratings, get pulled from the airwaves, and be burned off as late summer filler programming, it's certainly no surprise that ABC decided to not follow through with its previously announced plans to air The Will, another incredibly similar sounding "an extended family competes for a huge prize" reality show. The only surprise is that for some reason, CBS, which has positioned itself as the "gold standard" of reality programming (The Amazing Race, Big Brother, Survivor), has opted to pick up the Mike Fleiss (The Bachelor) series after ABC (over a year later) decided to pass on it.
Zap2It.com reports that ABC has ordered a new unscripted show called "The Will" from producer Mike Fleiss, the man behind the network's hit "The Bachelor." On the new show, a wealthy (still living) benefactor will offer up his or her estate to family members. But instead of tedious probate-court hearings, the potential heirs will compete for the goods and have the chance to vote others out. Family members and friends who take part in the series will also be put through a series of weekly competitions, in which the players will vie for a shot at some smaller portion of the benefactor's estate -- the BMW or the vacation house.
- 'American Idol' eliminee Malaya Watson: I was really hesitant to do the show
- 'Chrisley Knows Best' renewed for second season by USA Network
- 'Dancing with the Stars' eliminee Cody Simpson: I have mixed feelings, I had no clue I'd be going home
- Exclusive: John Erck and Jessica Hoel talk 'The Amazing Race: All-Stars' (Part 1)
- 'Southern Charm' stars Kathryn Dennis and Thomas Ravenel reportedly have baby girl
- 'Dancing with the Stars' eliminates Cody Simpson and professional partner Witney Carson on 'Disney Night'
- 'The Voice' coaches Shakira and Adam Levine determine their three-person teams, four artists get eliminated
- 'Dancing with the Stars' pro Peta Murgatroyd: James Maslow and I have amazing chemistry, it feels so good to be back with him!
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West reportedly tour Chateau de Louveciennes as possible wedding location
- 'The Amazing Race: All-Stars' eliminates John Erck and Jessica Hoel
- 'American Idol' eliminee Malaya Watson: It's really weird, the girls are getting scarce!
- Khloe Kardashian reportedly refusing to take "desperate calls" from Lamar Odom, dating rapper French Montana
- Ryan Seacrest may reportedly leave 'American Idol'
- 'Dancing with the Stars' executive producer Conrad Green leaving to join Fox's new 'Utopia' reality series
- 'Project Runway: Under the Gunn' crowns Oscar Lopez its first winner
- 'American Idol' eliminates Malaya Watson and determines Top 7 finalists
- Exclusive: 'Survivor: Cagayan -- Brawn vs. Brains vs. Beauty' castoff Morgan McLeod talks (Part 1)
- 'American Idol' finalists Caleb Johnson and Dexter Roberts battled sickness this week, almost couldn't sing
- 'American Idol' Top 8 finalist Sam Woolf rebounds after avoiding elimination thanks to "The Judges' Save"
- 'Survivor: Cagayan -- Brawn vs. Brains vs. Beauty's merged Solarrion tribe votes off Morgan McLeod
- Kendall Jenner and Kylie Jenner prank woman who called them "slutty"
- '19 Kids & Counting' star Jill Duggar gets engaged to Derick Dillard
- 'The Voice' coach Blake Shelton cuts two team members and determines his three "live shows" competitors
- Katherine Webb and AJ McCarron to reportedly star in their own reality show