Setting a new record for weekend reality TV futility, CBS announced today that it has axed its new The Will reality series after just a single episode broadcast. A Cold Case repeat will air in its place this week, with details on the time period's new regularly scheduled programming to be announced at a later date. Full Story
"I’d Bet the Ranch…," our episode summary for the premiere episode of CBS's The Will, written by ARnutz, is now available.
CBS revealed yesterday the identities of the wealthy patriarch and ten potential heirs who will be appearing on The Will, its new reality series that premieres Saturday, January 8 at 8PM ET/PT with a 90-minute episode.
CBS has announced that The Will, a new reality series from Bachelor creator Mike Fleiss, will premiere on Saturday, January 8 at 8PM ET/PT.
CBS has two new reality shows set for debut in January, with competitors in "The Will" striving for an inheritance and those in "Wickedly Perfect" vying to be the next Martha Stewart.
After watching last year's initial broadcast of The Family bomb in the ratings, get pulled from the airwaves, and be burned off as late summer filler programming, it's certainly no surprise that ABC decided to not follow through with its previously announced plans to air The Will, another incredibly similar sounding "an extended family competes for a huge prize" reality show. The only surprise is that for some reason, CBS, which has positioned itself as the "gold standard" of reality programming (The Amazing Race, Big Brother, Survivor), has opted to pick up the Mike Fleiss (The Bachelor) series after ABC (over a year later) decided to pass on it.
Zap2It.com reports that ABC has ordered a new unscripted show called "The Will" from producer Mike Fleiss, the man behind the network's hit "The Bachelor." On the new show, a wealthy (still living) benefactor will offer up his or her estate to family members. But instead of tedious probate-court hearings, the potential heirs will compete for the goods and have the chance to vote others out. Family members and friends who take part in the series will also be put through a series of weekly competitions, in which the players will vie for a shot at some smaller portion of the benefactor's estate -- the BMW or the vacation house.
- Exclusive: 'The Amazing Race' couple Jeff Magee and Lyda Grawn talk (Part 2)
- 'Keeping Up with the Kardashians' reportedly gets picked up for a few more years
- Kendall Jenner and sister Kylie Jenner reportedly being considered to star in new E! spinoff
- Kanye West gets tattoos on his wrists to show love for two girls
- 'American Idol's Top 12 girls perform, standouts include Jax, Tyanna Jones and Sarina-Joi Crowe
- Exclusive: 'The Amazing Race' couple Jeff Magee and Lyda Grawn talk (Part 1)
- Exclusive: 'Survivor: Worlds Apart' eliminee So Kim talks (Part 1)
- 'The Amazing Race' ousts dating couple Jeff Magee and Lyda Grawn in debut episode
- Kylie Jenner buys $2.7 million mansion at age 17
- 'Survivor: Worlds Apart' White Collar "Masaya" Tribe votes off So Kim in premiere
- 'American Idol's Top 12 guys perform for votes and some rise above the pack
- 'Survivor: Worlds Apart' host Jeff Probst: The cast is the best yet, the three tribes live up to stereotypes
- 'The Amazing Race' host Phil Keoghan on new season: The format hasn't changed, it's not a dating show!
- 'The Bachelor' eliminees Britt Nilsson and Kaitlyn Bristowe weigh-in on which girl should win Chris Soules' heart
- Bobbi Kristina Brown taken out of a coma in the hope of change, says family source
- Kaitlyn Bristowe: 'The Bachelor' star Chris Soules wasn't courteous enough to dump me in a legit conversation
- Giuliana Rancic publicly apologizes to Zendaya Coleman for Oscar dreadlocks joke on 'Fashion Police'
- 'The Bachelor' star Chris Soules: "I'm still in love" with the woman I picked!
- Demi Lovato rushed to hospital with health scare, doing much better now
- 'America's Next Top Model: Guys & Girls 2' contestant Mirjana Puhar killed in triple homicide
- 'The Voice' coaches all fight for once-rejected artist Deanna Johnson in Blind Auditions
- Kelly Clarkson: I no longer rely on my career for my self-worth, my world has changed
- Tyga: It's all love there with Kylie Jenner and it doesn't matter what the world thinks
- 'The Bachelor' host on 'Women Tell All:' Kaitlyn Bristowe is mad, one girl still really loves Chris Soules