Setting a new record for weekend reality TV futility, CBS announced today that it has axed its new The Will reality series after just a single episode broadcast. A Cold Case repeat will air in its place this week, with details on the time period's new regularly scheduled programming to be announced at a later date. Full Story
"I’d Bet the Ranch…," our episode summary for the premiere episode of CBS's The Will, written by ARnutz, is now available.
CBS revealed yesterday the identities of the wealthy patriarch and ten potential heirs who will be appearing on The Will, its new reality series that premieres Saturday, January 8 at 8PM ET/PT with a 90-minute episode.
CBS has announced that The Will, a new reality series from Bachelor creator Mike Fleiss, will premiere on Saturday, January 8 at 8PM ET/PT.
CBS has two new reality shows set for debut in January, with competitors in "The Will" striving for an inheritance and those in "Wickedly Perfect" vying to be the next Martha Stewart.
After watching last year's initial broadcast of The Family bomb in the ratings, get pulled from the airwaves, and be burned off as late summer filler programming, it's certainly no surprise that ABC decided to not follow through with its previously announced plans to air The Will, another incredibly similar sounding "an extended family competes for a huge prize" reality show. The only surprise is that for some reason, CBS, which has positioned itself as the "gold standard" of reality programming (The Amazing Race, Big Brother, Survivor), has opted to pick up the Mike Fleiss (The Bachelor) series after ABC (over a year later) decided to pass on it.
Zap2It.com reports that ABC has ordered a new unscripted show called "The Will" from producer Mike Fleiss, the man behind the network's hit "The Bachelor." On the new show, a wealthy (still living) benefactor will offer up his or her estate to family members. But instead of tedious probate-court hearings, the potential heirs will compete for the goods and have the chance to vote others out. Family members and friends who take part in the series will also be put through a series of weekly competitions, in which the players will vie for a shot at some smaller portion of the benefactor's estate -- the BMW or the vacation house.
- Former 'The Real World: New Orleans' star Ryan Knight dead at age 29 after alleged night of partying
- Joe Bastianich leaving 'MasterChef' and 'MasterChef Junior' as judge
- 'Survivor: San Juan del Sur -- Blood vs. Water' tribe votes off Wes Nale after two castaways play hidden idols
- Cheryl Burke confirmed to not return to 'Dancing with the Stars'
- Exclusive: 'The Amazing Race' eliminee Te Jay McGrath talks (Part 2)
- Alfonso Ribeiro on 'Dancing with the Stars' triumph: I was kind of in shock and almost fell to my knees
- Teresa Giudice planning to file for divorce from husband Joe Giudice after prison sentence, says source
- Anna 'Chickadee' Cardwell won't spend Thanksgiving with Honey Boo Boo and the family
- Kim Kardashian's representative denies Kanye West breakup rumors
- Fifth Harmony member Camila Cabello and Austin Mahone split
- Kendall Jenner slammed by model Arisce Wanzer
- Tori Spelling confirms husband Dean McDermott is done with 'True Tori,' but is she?
- Teresa Giudice reportedly lands deal with Bravo to host cooking show after prison release
- 'Dancing with the Stars' couple Janel Parrish and Val Chmerkovskiy continue dodging dating questions
- Jordin Sparks appears to bash ex-boyfriend Jason Derulo in new mixtape
- 'The Voice' eliminates Reagan James and Anita Antoinette, America saves Ryan Sill again
- 'Dancing with the Stars' crowns Alfonso Ribeiro and partner Witney Carson new champions
- 'Dancing with the Stars' pro Derek Hough: Bethany Mota and I hid things from the show's cameras
- Kathy Griffin: Joan Rivers and I had discussed having me join 'Fashion Police'
- Val Chmerkovskiy sends Janel Parrish emotional "love you" message before 'Dancing with the Stars' finale
- Leah Messer reportedly "scarred" from 'Teen Mom 2' and therefore quitting
- Janel Parrish on 'Dancing with the Stars' finale: I think Alfonso Ribeiro is the one to beat
- Jenny McCarthy and Donnie Wahlberg: Our 'Donnie Loves Jenny' reality show won't break us up!
- Exclusive: 'Survivor: San Juan del Sur -- Blood vs. Water' eliminee Jeremy Collins talks (Part 2)