ABC is reportedly considering a revival of Who Wants to Be a Millionaire, the groundbreaking game show that premiered on the network ten years ago this year. Full Story
In a move that surprised no one who had been paying attention, the struggling ABC network announced Friday that Super Millionaire the super charged version of the original Who Wants to Be a Millionaire hit series that aired as a February Sweeps "event," will return for the upcoming May Sweeps period. Regis Philbin will return as host of the program.
In announcing the return of Super Millionaire, ABC went out of its way to make it clear that the program was only coming back as a week-long special edition February Sweeps programming event, however if the initial premiere ratings are any indication, the struggling network might have no choice but to rethink those plans.
ABC has announced that Super Millionaire, the new and "amped up" version of Who Wants to Be a Millionaire, will open its contestant qualification round on Monday, February 16. Regis Philbin will host the series of one-hour specials that offers $10 million as the top prize.
Desperate for ratings, the ABC Television Network announced yesterday that it will be bringing a $10,000,000 Super Millionaire version of the network's previously cancelled Who Wants To Be a Millionaire series back for the February sweeps period.
- 'Summer Camp' reality series to debut July 11 on USA, be hosted by Matt Rogers
- Jennifer Hudson reportedly signs deal to serve as 'American Idol' judge
- CMT orders more episodes of 'Dog and Beth: On the Hunt'
- 'Who Do You Think You Are?' revived by TLC, fourth season to premiere July 23
- Ke$ha slammed by TV watchdog group for drinking own urine on her MTV reality show
- Khloe Kardashian: It would be fun to have a baby boy with Lamar Odom
- 'Intervention' canceled by A&E after 13 seasons and 243 interventions
- Tamra Barney getting her own 'The Real Housewives' wedding spinoff
- 'Teen Mom' star Farrah Abraham signs development deal for own reality show
- 'The X Factor' reportedly considered reuniting Simon Cowell, Paula Abdul and Randy Jackson as judges
- 'American Idol's reportedly eyeing Kelly Clarkson and Jennifer Hudson as judges, with Adam Lambert or Clay Aiken as third judge
- 'Dancing with the Stars' reportedly may replace judges and professional dancers for next season
- 'Dancing with the Stars' champ Kellie Pickler: I almost backed out of the competition before it even started
- 'Orange County Choppers' reality series starring 'American Chopper' star Paul Teutul Sr. ordered by CMT
- Former 'The Bachelorette' star Meredith Phillips: I'm a recovering alcoholic
- 'Dancing with the Stars' champion Kellie Pickler receives new puppy as victory gift
- 'American Idol' winner Candice Glover: I don't want to be put in a box
- 'The Voice' eliminates Josiah Hawley and Kris Thomas, determines season's Top 8 finalists
- Jesse James severs finger in shop accident, posts photo on Instagram
- Dawn Meehan discusses her 'Survivor: Caramoan -- Fans vs. Favorites' experience (Part 2)
- 'Dancing with the Stars' crowns Kellie Pickler and Derek Hough sixteenth-season champions
- 'Catfish: The TV Show's second season to premiere June 25 on MTV
- 'American Idol' runner-up Kree Harrison: I learned so much while on the show
- 'The Voice' Top 10 finalists sing for votes, Michelle Chamuel and Sarah Simmons deliver