ABC is reportedly considering a revival of Who Wants to Be a Millionaire, the groundbreaking game show that premiered on the network ten years ago this year. Full Story
In a move that surprised no one who had been paying attention, the struggling ABC network announced Friday that Super Millionaire the super charged version of the original Who Wants to Be a Millionaire hit series that aired as a February Sweeps "event," will return for the upcoming May Sweeps period. Regis Philbin will return as host of the program.
In announcing the return of Super Millionaire, ABC went out of its way to make it clear that the program was only coming back as a week-long special edition February Sweeps programming event, however if the initial premiere ratings are any indication, the struggling network might have no choice but to rethink those plans.
ABC has announced that Super Millionaire, the new and "amped up" version of Who Wants to Be a Millionaire, will open its contestant qualification round on Monday, February 16. Regis Philbin will host the series of one-hour specials that offers $10 million as the top prize.
Desperate for ratings, the ABC Television Network announced yesterday that it will be bringing a $10,000,000 Super Millionaire version of the network's previously cancelled Who Wants To Be a Millionaire series back for the February sweeps period.
- Chris Soules reportedly officially next 'The Bachelor' star, Arie Luyendyk Jr. announces he didn't get picked
- 'Bachelor in Paradise' host Chris Harrison: What big mistake did Kalon McMahon make?
- 'Bachelor in Paradise' host: Graham Bunn and Zack Kalter need to move into a safe house and ride this thing out together
- 'Manzo'd with Children' starring Caroline Manzo and family to premiere October 5 on Bravo
- AshLee Frazier doesn't regret 'Bachelor in Paradise' drama with Clare Crawley, say sources
- Kristin Cavallari rocks tight dress during 'Good Morning America' appearance
- 'The Amazing Race' wins Emmy award for Outstanding Reality-Competition Program
- 'Bachelor in Paradise' episode ends on cliffhanger, will Graham Bunn accept AshLee Frazier's rose?
- Kellie Pickler already working on her fifth album
- Kim Kardashian, Kendall Jenner and Kylie Jenner ignore VMA's Ferguson tribute
- Donald Trump slams Emmys host Seth Meyers is a "total joke" with "no talent"
- LeAnn Rimes not waiting "much longer" for kids with Eddie Cibrian
- WE tv picks up American version of U.K.'s 'Sex Box' on-stage sex reality show
- Bruce Jenner reportedly wearing Spanx under everything
- Julianne Hough shares brother Derek Hough's reaction to 'Dancing with the Stars' judging news
- Renee Oteri reveals she's expecting a baby boy with new husband Bracy Maynard
- Former 'Jersey Shore' star Sammi "Sweetheart" Giancola talks Ronnie Ortiz-Magro breakup
- Nick Cannon reportedly responsible for Mariah Carey split, he chose to leave her
- 'Big Brother' Head of Household Cody Calafiore reveals his two nominations for eviction
- 'Rising Star' crowns Jesse Kinch its first winner over runner-up Austin French
- Stacy Keibler gives birth to a baby girl
- Jennifer Lopez on getting married again: "I'm not one to whore around"
- 'MythBusters' co-hosts Kari Byron, Tory Belleci and Grant Imahara dropped from show
- Elisabetta Canalis gets engaged to Brian Perri