ABC is reportedly considering a revival of Who Wants to Be a Millionaire, the groundbreaking game show that premiered on the network ten years ago this year. Full Story
In a move that surprised no one who had been paying attention, the struggling ABC network announced Friday that Super Millionaire the super charged version of the original Who Wants to Be a Millionaire hit series that aired as a February Sweeps "event," will return for the upcoming May Sweeps period. Regis Philbin will return as host of the program.
In announcing the return of Super Millionaire, ABC went out of its way to make it clear that the program was only coming back as a week-long special edition February Sweeps programming event, however if the initial premiere ratings are any indication, the struggling network might have no choice but to rethink those plans.
ABC has announced that Super Millionaire, the new and "amped up" version of Who Wants to Be a Millionaire, will open its contestant qualification round on Monday, February 16. Regis Philbin will host the series of one-hour specials that offers $10 million as the top prize.
Desperate for ratings, the ABC Television Network announced yesterday that it will be bringing a $10,000,000 Super Millionaire version of the network's previously cancelled Who Wants To Be a Millionaire series back for the February sweeps period.
- 'Survivor: Blood vs. Water' eliminee Caleb Bankston talks (Part 2)
- 'The Sound of Music Live' draws huge ratings for NBC, Carrie Underwood very "proud"
- Kelly Clarkson admits her pregnancy is "miserable," gets sick "a good dozen times a day"
- 'MasterChef' judge Graham Elliot: I've now lost 128 pounds
- 'The X Factor' sends home Ellona Santiago and Rion Paige from Demi Lovato's team, determines Top 4 acts
- 'The Little Couple' star Jen Arnold battling rare form of cancer
- 'Survivor: Blood vs. Water' eliminee Caleb Bankston talks (Part 1)
- 'The Real Housewives of Atlanta' star Porsha Williams and Kordell Stewart finalize divorce
- Adam Levine gushes his fiancee Behati Prinsloo is the "greatest ever"
- 'Survivor: Blood vs. Water' castaways Tina Wesson and Katie Collins lose son and brother in tragic car crash
- 'Survivor: Blood vs. Water' eliminates "loved one" Caleb Bankston, votes off newbie player Katie Collins
- 'The Bachelor' star Juan Pablo Galavis' bachelorettes revealed by ABC
- Kim Kardashian and fiance Kanye West reportedly pick wedding venue
- Nigella Lawson admits to prior occasional cocaine and cannabis use in fraud court case
- 'The Biggest Loser' eliminates Ruben Studdard for the second time
- 'Keeping Up with the Kardashians' ninth season to debut in January 2014
- 'The Voice' eliminates Matthew Schuler, determines Top 5 finalists
- Exclusive: 'Survivor: Blood vs. Water' eliminee Vytas Baskauskas talks (Part 2)
- 'The Voice' artists Jacquie Lee and Matthew Schuler on "Team Christina" sing "blow for blow" in quarterfinals
- 'The Sing-Off' fourth-season cast revealed by NBC, to debut December 9
- Khloe Kardashian and Lamar Odom reportedly spend Thanksgiving apart, Lamar to return to the LA Clippers
- Exclusive: 'Survivor: Blood vs. Water' eliminee Vytas Baskauskas talks (Part 1)
- Kim Kardashian lashes out at Twitter commenter for criticizing her parenting
- Ryan Seacrest reportedly dating model and personal trainer Shayna Terese Taylor