ABC is reportedly considering a revival of Who Wants to Be a Millionaire, the groundbreaking game show that premiered on the network ten years ago this year. Full Story
In a move that surprised no one who had been paying attention, the struggling ABC network announced Friday that Super Millionaire the super charged version of the original Who Wants to Be a Millionaire hit series that aired as a February Sweeps "event," will return for the upcoming May Sweeps period. Regis Philbin will return as host of the program.
In announcing the return of Super Millionaire, ABC went out of its way to make it clear that the program was only coming back as a week-long special edition February Sweeps programming event, however if the initial premiere ratings are any indication, the struggling network might have no choice but to rethink those plans.
ABC has announced that Super Millionaire, the new and "amped up" version of Who Wants to Be a Millionaire, will open its contestant qualification round on Monday, February 16. Regis Philbin will host the series of one-hour specials that offers $10 million as the top prize.
Desperate for ratings, the ABC Television Network announced yesterday that it will be bringing a $10,000,000 Super Millionaire version of the network's previously cancelled Who Wants To Be a Millionaire series back for the February sweeps period.
- Nicole Franzel and Corey Brooks talk potential first date, romantic future after 'Big Brother'
- Jade Roper and Tanner Tolbert reveal plans for starting family, how many kids they want
- 'Shark Tank' star Daymond John gets engaged to longtime girlfriend during filming
- Farrah Abraham interested in her own 'Teen Mom' spinoff
- Exclusive: 'Survivor: Millennials vs. Gen X' castaway Rachel Ako talks (Part 1)
- Joe Giudice family friend: He's "miserable" behind bars, it's "worse than anyone expected"
- Kim Kardashian on Taylor Swift feud: "I like her music, there was no shade"
- 'America's Next Top Model' alum Lisa D'Amato welcomes second child live on Facebook
- Nicole Franzel talks 'Big Brother' money plans, the jury vote that shocked her and beating Paul Abrahamian
- Paul Abrahamian: I was shocked to lose 'Big Brother,' the jury was a little bit pissed and bitter
- Rachel Ako talks 'Survivor: Millennials vs. Gen X' cyclone evacuation: "It was 'Survivor' purgatory hell!"
- Adam Levine and wife Behati Prinsloo welcome their first child
- Brendan Fletcher: I was leaning towards Blake Shelton before 'The Voice' audition, but Adam Levine charmed me
- Gigi Hadid assaulted after leaving Max Mara fashion show in Milan
- Lauren Diaz talks 'The Voice' proposal: I was literally in shock... but it was about time!
- Blake Shelton and Miranda Lambert reunite on new country single
- 'Big Brother' crowns Nicole Franzel winner over Paul Abrahamian by single vote, first female winner in five years
- 'Survivor: Millennials vs. Gen X' castaway Rachel Ako voted off her Gen-X Tribe
- 'Big Brother: Over the Top' online broadcast schedule and format details released by CBS
- Mary Berry leaving 'The Great British Bake Off' "out of loyalty" to the BBC
- Billy Gilman: I hope my past success won't define me, 'The Voice' is going to be a long and scary road
- 'Big Brother' host Julie Chen: I think James Huling voting Corey Brooks out cost him the game, Victor Arroyo will probably win fan-favorite
- 'Survivor' host Jeff Probst: There will be young love on 'Survivor: Millennials vs. Gen X', a brazen romance early on
- 'Big Brother' host Julie Chen: I'm rooting for Paul Abrahamian to win, Nicole Franzel and James Huling were big disappointments