ABC is reportedly considering a revival of Who Wants to Be a Millionaire, the groundbreaking game show that premiered on the network ten years ago this year. Full Story
In a move that surprised no one who had been paying attention, the struggling ABC network announced Friday that Super Millionaire the super charged version of the original Who Wants to Be a Millionaire hit series that aired as a February Sweeps "event," will return for the upcoming May Sweeps period. Regis Philbin will return as host of the program.
In announcing the return of Super Millionaire, ABC went out of its way to make it clear that the program was only coming back as a week-long special edition February Sweeps programming event, however if the initial premiere ratings are any indication, the struggling network might have no choice but to rethink those plans.
ABC has announced that Super Millionaire, the new and "amped up" version of Who Wants to Be a Millionaire, will open its contestant qualification round on Monday, February 16. Regis Philbin will host the series of one-hour specials that offers $10 million as the top prize.
Desperate for ratings, the ABC Television Network announced yesterday that it will be bringing a $10,000,000 Super Millionaire version of the network's previously cancelled Who Wants To Be a Millionaire series back for the February sweeps period.
- Rob Kardashian lashes out after Khloe Kardashian calls Blac Chyna engagement "so f--ked up"
- Adam Levine reveals sex of baby on the way with wife Behati Prinsloo!
- 'Property Brothers' star Jonathan Scott reportedly placed in chokehold after North Dakota bar fight
- Khloe Kardashian and Rob Kardashian reunite in rare photo
- Kylie Jenner: I've paid for everything -- haven't had a dollar of Kris Jenner's money for five years
- 'Dancing with the Stars' pro Artem Chigvintsev: I am not dating Mischa Barton, reports are wrong!
- Exclusive: 'The Amazing Race' "Newlyweds" Zach King and Rachel King talk (Part 2)
- Tia Mowry fights social media critic who calls her "fat" by tagging woman's employer
- Exclusive: 'Survivor: Kaoh Rong' castoff Julia Sokolowski talks (Part 1)
- 'STRONG' recap: Trainer Adam Von Rothfelder and trainee Claudia "CC" Collazo eliminated
- Michelle Obama and Jill Biden to appear on 'The Voice'
- 'American Grit' recap: Navy SEAL Rorke Denver's team loses Marc "The Machine" Lobliner
- Julia Sokolowski: 'Survivor: Kaoh Rong' castaways Kyle Jason and Scott Pollard were "wonderful" and "not bullies at all"
- Kris Jenner to Kim Kardashian -- Don't dump on Rob, you were married for 72 days, that's f-cked up sh-t too!
- Parent company of 'American Idol's production company files for bankruptcy
- Kendall Jenner and Kylie Jenner launching swimwear line
- Drew Barrymore to narrate NBC's new 'First Dates' reality dating series
- 'Survivor: Kaoh Rong' castoff Julia Sokolowski: I was salty when I found out Michele Fitzgerald betrayed me
- Alec Baldwin to host ABC's 'Match Game' revival
- Caitlyn Jenner takes Donald Trump up on Trump Tower women's restroom offer
- Scott Disick spotted with Australian blonde model Megan Blake Irwin, sparks dating rumors
- 'Survivor: Kaoh Rong' recap: Julia Sokolowski voted out after Michele Fitzgerald betrays her
- Kim Kardashian reportedly behind Kylie Jenner and Blac Chyna reconciliation