The Restaurant News
NBC’s “The Restaurant” scored its highest numbers yet last night, winning the Sunday, 10-11 PM ET hour in virtually all key categories and matching or beating its competition combined in several demographics. With Sunday night’s highest adult 18-49 rating on any network, “The Restaurant” led NBC to a tie for the nightlong victory, the fifth time in six weeks NBC has earned at least a share of the Sunday lead.
NBC has announced that the August 10 fourth episode of “The Restaurant” won its hour in all key demographics, with a commanding 46 percent margin of victory among adults 18-49. “The Restaurant” built by a best-yet 13 percent on its 18-49 lead-in from the hit drama “Law & Order: Criminal Intent.”
When you're on top, even your minor offenses get magnified. Such is the life for Rocco DiSpirito, the owner-chef of Rocco's featured in NBC's The Restaurant. The Smoking Gun reports that Rocco's was cited on July 29th for six minor health code violations, not unusual for a new restaurant -- ranging from three flies that had made their way to the kitchen (a summer hazard for all restaurants) to the lack of a self-closing door on the employee toilet (instead, the employee has to pull the door shut, which we guess creates a risk of contamination from touching the doorknob).
According to preliminary information released by the AC Nielsen ratings service, NBC served up some tasty numbers for the July 27 second episode of its new reality series “The Restaurant” (Sundays, 10-11 p.m. ET) with a 13 percent jump among adults 18-49 (3.5 rating/10 share, 8.4 million viewers overall) over its series premiere on July 20,
Once again, "Survivor" producer Mark Burnett is being accused of staging a scene for his reality show -- only this time it doesn't involve "Survivor." According to Page Six, an angry NYC restaurateur is claimng that chef Rocco DiSpirito and financier Jeffrey Chodorow faked a scene the "Survivor" producer's new NBC "The Restaurant" reality show.
For the third time in four weeks, NBC has earned a share of the Sunday lead among adults 18-49, aided last night by strong premiere numbers from the new reality series “The Restaurant.”
NBC has released the names and photos of select members of 'The Restaurant' staff.
Since Survivor first aired on CBS in the summer of 2002, viewers have noted (and sometimes complained about) the continuing number of product placements in the show. Sponsoring products have been incorporated directly into the production, ranging from food rewards to computer "cafes" to SUVs for overnight sleeping. Now, with his new NBC show The Restaurant, Survivor executive producer Mark Burnett has carried that concept one step further.
NBC has announced that “The Restaurant,” the network's new upcoming "unscripted drama series" (the term "reality TV" just won't cut it any more) will premiere Sunday, July 20 at 10PM ET.
Ever dream of working in a hip New York restaurant and starring in a television series at the same time? NBC along with Executive Producers Mark Burnett ("Survivor" & "Eco-Challenge") and Ben Silverman as well as Chef Rocco DiSpirito announce a national open call for all positions at the Manhattan hot spot that the network will chronicle. DiSpirito is now hiring waiters/waitresses, hosts/hostesses, bartenders, sous chefs, kitchen and bussing staff. Only experienced candidates need apply.
- 'The Bachelor' alum Tenley Molzahn reveals she's dating the man she's "going to marry"
- Kris Jenner: I try to be tolerant of Caitlyn Jenner, I didn't even know what the word "transgender" meant at first
- 'The Real Housewives of New York City' star LuAnn de Lesseps is engaged, Bethenny Frankel is "actually" happy for her
- 'The Bachelor' host Chris Harrison: I am a hopeless romantic and would love to find love now
- Teresa Giudice, Melissa Gorga and Jacqueline Laurita officially returning to 'The Real Housewives of New Jersey'
- Blake Shelton photographed driving Gwen Stefani and kids to park for fun family outing
- Tori Spelling and Dean McDermott move into $7,500-per month rental home despite reports of financial problems
- Lamar Odom enjoys nature hike and Super Bowl with Khloe Kardashian and Kim Kardashian
- Two-time 'Survivor' castaway Michael Skupin arrested on fraud, conspiracy and possession of child pornography charges