The Restaurant News
NBC’s “The Restaurant” scored its highest numbers yet last night, winning the Sunday, 10-11 PM ET hour in virtually all key categories and matching or beating its competition combined in several demographics. With Sunday night’s highest adult 18-49 rating on any network, “The Restaurant” led NBC to a tie for the nightlong victory, the fifth time in six weeks NBC has earned at least a share of the Sunday lead.
NBC has announced that the August 10 fourth episode of “The Restaurant” won its hour in all key demographics, with a commanding 46 percent margin of victory among adults 18-49. “The Restaurant” built by a best-yet 13 percent on its 18-49 lead-in from the hit drama “Law & Order: Criminal Intent.”
When you're on top, even your minor offenses get magnified. Such is the life for Rocco DiSpirito, the owner-chef of Rocco's featured in NBC's The Restaurant. The Smoking Gun reports that Rocco's was cited on July 29th for six minor health code violations, not unusual for a new restaurant -- ranging from three flies that had made their way to the kitchen (a summer hazard for all restaurants) to the lack of a self-closing door on the employee toilet (instead, the employee has to pull the door shut, which we guess creates a risk of contamination from touching the doorknob).
According to preliminary information released by the AC Nielsen ratings service, NBC served up some tasty numbers for the July 27 second episode of its new reality series “The Restaurant” (Sundays, 10-11 p.m. ET) with a 13 percent jump among adults 18-49 (3.5 rating/10 share, 8.4 million viewers overall) over its series premiere on July 20,
Once again, "Survivor" producer Mark Burnett is being accused of staging a scene for his reality show -- only this time it doesn't involve "Survivor." According to Page Six, an angry NYC restaurateur is claimng that chef Rocco DiSpirito and financier Jeffrey Chodorow faked a scene the "Survivor" producer's new NBC "The Restaurant" reality show.
For the third time in four weeks, NBC has earned a share of the Sunday lead among adults 18-49, aided last night by strong premiere numbers from the new reality series “The Restaurant.”
NBC has released the names and photos of select members of 'The Restaurant' staff.
Since Survivor first aired on CBS in the summer of 2002, viewers have noted (and sometimes complained about) the continuing number of product placements in the show. Sponsoring products have been incorporated directly into the production, ranging from food rewards to computer "cafes" to SUVs for overnight sleeping. Now, with his new NBC show The Restaurant, Survivor executive producer Mark Burnett has carried that concept one step further.
NBC has announced that “The Restaurant,” the network's new upcoming "unscripted drama series" (the term "reality TV" just won't cut it any more) will premiere Sunday, July 20 at 10PM ET.
Ever dream of working in a hip New York restaurant and starring in a television series at the same time? NBC along with Executive Producers Mark Burnett ("Survivor" & "Eco-Challenge") and Ben Silverman as well as Chef Rocco DiSpirito announce a national open call for all positions at the Manhattan hot spot that the network will chronicle. DiSpirito is now hiring waiters/waitresses, hosts/hostesses, bartenders, sous chefs, kitchen and bussing staff. Only experienced candidates need apply.
- Nick Viall: 'The Bachelorette' couple Andi Dorfman and Josh Murray had one thing I couldn't match
- 'The Bachelorette' bachelor Nick Viall: I don't think poor lovemaking contributed to Andi Dorfman's decision
- 'Big Brother' Head of Household Frankie Grande decides final two eviction nominees
- 'So You Think You Can Dance' cuts four dancers, determines Top 10 finalists and Season 11 all-star pairings
- 'America's Got Talent' determines first five ninth-season semifinalist acts
- Kim Kardashian shared a kiss with step-brother Brandon Jenner
- 'The Bachelorette' couple Andi Dorfman and Josh Murray interview: When did she realize she was in love with him?
- Nick Viall interview: I'd like to wish 'The Bachelorette' couple Andi Dorfman and Josh Murray the best but I'm still hurt
- Kim Kardashian slams brother Rob Kardashian's ex-girlfriend Adrienne Bailon for kicking him "when he's down"