The One: Making a Music Star News
After two weeks of extremely low rated performance and results show, ABC has abruptly canceled The One: Making a Superstar, its American Idol-like reality singing competition that was intended to last ten weeks.
ABC has announced that The One: Making a Music Star, its previously announced adaptation of Operacisn Triunfo, the smash-hit Spanish reality singing competition that first premiered around the same time as Britain's Pop Idol, the UK hit that proceeded Fox's American Idol, will debut Tuesday, July 18 at 9PM ET/PT with a special two-hour premiere.
ABC has announced that will air five new reality shows -- Buy It Now, How to Get the Guy, Master of Champions, One Ocean View and The One: Making a Music Star, an American edition of one of the world's most popular reality singing competition formats -- as part of its summer programming lineup.
- 'Survivor: Cagayan -- Brawn vs. Brains vs. Beauty' votes off Jeremiah Wood
- 'The Bachelorette' producers and Chris Harrison comment on contestant Eric Hill's tragic death
- 'American Idol' eliminee Dexter Roberts: Singing in front of Keith Urban was intimidating
- Exclusive: Castoff LJ McKanas talks 'Survivor: Cagayan -- Brawn vs. Brains vs. Beauty' (Part 2)
- 'The Bachelorette' bachelor Eric Hill dies in hospital after paragliding accident in Utah
- Juan Pablo Galavis reportedly wants Nikki Ferrell to quit nursing job and work as a model
- Andi Dorfman's 'The Bachelorette' bachelor Eric Hill in coma after paragliding accident
- Candace Cameron Bure wishes Andrea Barber was also on 'Dancing with the Stars'
- Former 'Ice Road Truckers' star Timothy Zickuhr arrested and charged after allegedly kidnapping Las Vegas prostitute