The Next Food Network Star 3
The Next Food Network Star's third-season finale broadcast on Sunday night was the highest-rated, most-watched telecast in Food Network history. Full Story
Amy Finley, a 33-year-old mom, freelance writer and caterer from San Diego, CA, was revealed to be The Next Food Network Star's third-season winner during last night's live finale of the Food Network reality competition series.
When The Next Food Network Star's third season finished production earlier this year, Josh "Jag" Garcia was still one of two finalists in the running to be crowned the competition's winner. However once allegations that he fibbed about his military background and education emerged following the show's June premiere, Garcia -- presumably realizing that his lies had likely already cost him any chance of winning the home viewer vote that will determine the competition's winner -- decided to withdraw from the culinary competition.
Food Network billed Josh "JAG" Garcia as a Marine Corps "grunt-turned-cook" when he was revealed as one of the 11 finalists on The Next Food Network Star's currently airing third season, a resume that would presumably mean the 25-year-old chef de cuisine from Havelock, NC was well-equipped to win the competition. However, according to a military newspaper, there are some significant embellishments in his story.
The Food Network has announced that it has begun production on the third season of The Next Food Network Star, a reality competition in which 11 contestants will compete for the chance at their own six-episode Food Network television show. The series will premiere on Sunday, June 3 at 9PM ET/PT.
- 'Survivor: Kaoh Rong' castoff Kyle Jason: If it makes you feel better to call me a bully, call me it all you want!
- 'The Voice's Daniel Passino suggests a conspiracy: I saw both of my Season 10 eliminations coming
- Khloe Kardashian slammed for "ignorant" Instagram photo in Cuba displaying "Fidel" name
- Kanye West compares his new tour to 'Star Wars'
- Michelle Money in 'Marriage Boot Camp' preview: I don't think Cody Sattler is "the one," his selfies drive me crazy
- JoJo Fletcher talks relationship status with ex-boyfriends Ben Higgins and Chad Rookstool as 'The Bachelorette' films
- Aubrey O'Day and Paul "Pauly D" DelVecchio split after former 'Jersey Shore' star allegedly cheats
- 'Survivor: Kaoh Rong' recap: Kyle Jason gets voted out, Tai Trang wastes extra-vote advantage
- 'The Voice' eliminee Daniel Passino: Pharrell Williams didn't defend me, what I got was a eulogy
- Caitlyn Jenner reportedly posing nude with Olympic gold medal for 'Sports Illustrated' cover
- Rumer Willis bashes 'Vanity Fair' photographers for digitally editing her face: I won't stand for bullying
- 'The Bachelorette' star JoJo Fletcher was "nervous" going in, says former 'The Bachelor' star Sean Lowe
- Cindy Crawford: "I'm so jealous" of Instagram-famous models like Kendall Jenner and Gigi Hadid
- 'Dancing with the Stars' doing first-ever "Judges Team-Up Challenge" twist
- Blake Shelton and Gwen Stefani to sing duet on 'The Voice'
- Paige VanZant reportedly dating 'Dancing with the Stars' Troupe member Alan Bersten
- Donald Trump becomes the presumptive Republican presidential nominee
- 'Dancing with the Stars' judge Carrie Ann Inaba confirms new boyfriend and gushes about their "dream date"
- 'The Voice' recap: Daniel Passino eliminated after battling fellow "Comeback Artist" Nick Hagelin for survival
- Exclusive: 'Survivor: Kaoh Rong' castoff Julia Sokolowski talks (Part 2)
- Gigi Hadid and Zayn Malik make their red carpet debut as couple
- Jenelle Evans: No, I'm not engaged or pregnant -- just happy and eating a lot more
- 'Dancing with the Stars' pro Witney Carson handicaps remaining competition following Von Miller elimination
- David Hasselhoff gets engaged to longtime girlfriend Hayley Roberts