The Next Food Network Star 3
The Next Food Network Star's third-season finale broadcast on Sunday night was the highest-rated, most-watched telecast in Food Network history. Full Story
Amy Finley, a 33-year-old mom, freelance writer and caterer from San Diego, CA, was revealed to be The Next Food Network Star's third-season winner during last night's live finale of the Food Network reality competition series.
When The Next Food Network Star's third season finished production earlier this year, Josh "Jag" Garcia was still one of two finalists in the running to be crowned the competition's winner. However once allegations that he fibbed about his military background and education emerged following the show's June premiere, Garcia -- presumably realizing that his lies had likely already cost him any chance of winning the home viewer vote that will determine the competition's winner -- decided to withdraw from the culinary competition.
Food Network billed Josh "JAG" Garcia as a Marine Corps "grunt-turned-cook" when he was revealed as one of the 11 finalists on The Next Food Network Star's currently airing third season, a resume that would presumably mean the 25-year-old chef de cuisine from Havelock, NC was well-equipped to win the competition. However, according to a military newspaper, there are some significant embellishments in his story.
The Food Network has announced that it has begun production on the third season of The Next Food Network Star, a reality competition in which 11 contestants will compete for the chance at their own six-episode Food Network television show. The series will premiere on Sunday, June 3 at 9PM ET/PT.
- Cee Lo Green's 'The Good Life' reality series by TBS canceled after rape remarks
- 'Utopia' initially loses two female participants as filming begins for very different reasons
- Joan Rivers' daughter Melissa Rivers releases status update on her mother's recovery
- Cee Lo Green reportedly tweets and deletes controversial rape comments in light of felony case
- Joan Rivers reportedly "getting better," "doomsday" health reports not true
- 'Teen Mom' star Amber Portwood wants to open rehab for addicts
- 'Bachelor in Paradise' bachelor Jesse Kovacs quits the show, Brooks Forester gets denied a rose
- 'America's Next Top Model' eliminates female model Ivy Timlin
- Carrie Underwood annouces she's pregnant with her first child!
- 'Bachelor in Paradise's Jesse Kovacs: Marcus Grodd is a weird dude, America doesn't give a sh-t about AshLee Frazier
- Joan Rivers' family to reportedly make decision on life support in next couple of days
- Joan Rivers still in serious condition, Melissa Rivers "so touched" by outpouring
- Kenya Moore denies dating 'The Real Housewives' co-star's ex-husband Kordell Stewart
- LeAnn Rimes under fire for joking about raping her boyfriend
- Cee Lo Green pleads no contest to charge of furnishing ecstasy to woman
- 'Bachelor in Paradise' bachelor Jesse Kovacs spills on whether or not he had a threesome
- Adam Levine: I want 100 kids with Behati Prinsloo, marriage makes me feel more manly
- Joan Rivers in a medically-induced coma, Melissa Rivers reportedly emotional wreck waiting for news
- Sean Lowe on Catherine Giudici: My wife is smokin' hot, I'm stuck in her web
- 'Dating Naked' couple Ashley Fonda and Alika Medeiros get married, to star in wedding special on VH1
- 'Big Brother' houseguests evict Donny Thompson, begin season's next HoH competition
- Kandi Burruss ready to get pregnant with husband Todd Tucker
- Chris Harrison dishes on why Chris Soules will make a great 'The Bachelor' star
- 'The Amazing Race' to introduce new "The Save" twist in Season 25