The Next Food Network Star 3
The Next Food Network Star's third-season finale broadcast on Sunday night was the highest-rated, most-watched telecast in Food Network history. Full Story
Amy Finley, a 33-year-old mom, freelance writer and caterer from San Diego, CA, was revealed to be The Next Food Network Star's third-season winner during last night's live finale of the Food Network reality competition series.
When The Next Food Network Star's third season finished production earlier this year, Josh "Jag" Garcia was still one of two finalists in the running to be crowned the competition's winner. However once allegations that he fibbed about his military background and education emerged following the show's June premiere, Garcia -- presumably realizing that his lies had likely already cost him any chance of winning the home viewer vote that will determine the competition's winner -- decided to withdraw from the culinary competition.
Food Network billed Josh "JAG" Garcia as a Marine Corps "grunt-turned-cook" when he was revealed as one of the 11 finalists on The Next Food Network Star's currently airing third season, a resume that would presumably mean the 25-year-old chef de cuisine from Havelock, NC was well-equipped to win the competition. However, according to a military newspaper, there are some significant embellishments in his story.
The Food Network has announced that it has begun production on the third season of The Next Food Network Star, a reality competition in which 11 contestants will compete for the chance at their own six-episode Food Network television show. The series will premiere on Sunday, June 3 at 9PM ET/PT.
- Leah Messer reveals she's leaving 'Teen Mom 2' after five seasons
- Danica McKellar weds Scott Sveslosky in Hawaii
- Petition with over 130,000 signatures protests '19 Kids and Counting' after Michelle Duggar's anti-gay comment
- Kim Kardashian reportedly considering a surrogate for next pregnancy to maintain in-shape body
- 'Hell's Kitchen' and 'MasterChef Junior' new season premieres announced by Fox
- 'American Idol' to premiere January 7 on Fox with schedule changes throughout Season 14
- 'The Biggest Loser: Glory Days' cuts Rondalee Beardslee, sends Scott Mitchell to Comeback Canyon after terrible weigh-in
- Exclusive: 'Survivor: San Juan del Sur -- Blood vs. Water' eliminee Jeremy Collins talks (Part 1)
- 'The Bachelorette' couple Desiree Hartsock and Chris Siegfried to marry privately in California in January
- Kourtney Kardashian reveals when her third child is due and how she'll prepare
- 'The Bachelor' creator Mike Fleiss reportedly arrested for harassing Brooke Burke-Charvet and husband
- 'Hell's Kitchen' chef Aaron Lhamon quits the show before seemingly getting fired by Gordon Ramsay
- 'Survivor: San Juan del Sur -- Blood vs. Water' eliminates Jeremy Collins
- Diem Brown remembered by on-and-off love Chris 'CT' Tamburello
- 'Love & Hip Hop' star Erica Mena and fiance Bow Wow set wedding date
- Dean McDermott: My marriage with Tori Spelling is better and stronger than ever
- Kathy Griffin to reportedly replace the late Joan Rivers on 'Fashion Police'
- Janice Dickinson accuses Bill Cosby of raping her about 30 years ago
- 'The Voice' eliminates Team Pharrell's Sugar Joans and Team Blake's Jessie Pitts, reveals new twist
- Exclusive: 'Survivor: San Juan del Sur -- Blood vs. Water' eliminee Josh Canfield talks (Part 3)
- Janice Dickinson accuses Bill Cosby of raping her
- 'Dancing with the Stars' eliminee Tommy Chong: I thought I had a shot to win
- Kim Kardashian: I did naked magazine photo spread to feel confident and love the photos
- 'America's Next Top Model' renewed for 22nd season on The CW