The Beverly Hillbillies
TV Guide Online reports that CBS chairman and CEO Les Moonves has not made a final decision regarding the network's controversial proposed reality-TV show The Real Beverly Hillbillies. Although the concept alone has generated continuing protests (including one from a U.S. senator), Moonves said that "we haven't made any decision [about the show's future] yet." Full Story
The search for an open mike and free face time on the nightly news has led two more politicians to emulate Georgia Senator Zell Miller by blasting CBS's planned reality-TV update of The Beverly Hillbillies.
Reuters reports that Georgia's senior U.S. senator, Zell Miller, today accused CBS of "bigotry for big bucks" and demanded that the network cancel its planned reality-show remake of The Beverly Hillbillies.
The Associated Press reports that under pressure from rural advocacy groups, CBS is dampening expectations for ``The Real Beverly Hillbillies,'' a reality series in the works that borrows its premise from the hit 1960s sitcom. An advocacy group, the Center for Rural Strategies, has been placing advertisements in newspapers condemning CBS' plans and complaining that the show will perpetuate a stereotype of them as hicks.
Reuters reports that CBS talent scouts are fanning out across the backwoods of America in search of a rural, rustically telegenic family willing to star in a new reality show inspired by "The Beverly Hillbillies" -- with cement pond (swimming pool) and all. The half-hour, weekly show, tentatively titled "The Real Beverly Hillbillies," is being developed for a mid-season or summer launch next year.
- 'The Bachelor's Britt Nilsson: Carly Waddell ruined it for me, I believe I would've won Chris Soules' heart
- 'The Bachelor' producer Mike Fleiss denies Kaitlyn Bristowe has been chosen as 'The Bachelorette' star
- 'The Bachelor's Kelsey Poe: Chris Soules and I parted ways mutually
- Ryan Seacrest celebrates 40th birthday with reality TV stars like Kim and Khloe Kardashian
- 'The Bachelor' runner-up just "didn't feel it" with star Chris Soules, says show source
- 'Fashion Police' reportedly considering Khloe Kardashian or NeNe Leakes as Kelly Osbourne replacement
- 'The Amazing Race' eliminates C.J. Harris and longtime girlfriend Lebya Simpson
- Exclusive: 'The Amazing Race' couple Jeff Magee and Lyda Grawn talk (Part 2)
- 'Keeping Up with the Kardashians' reportedly gets picked up for a few more years
- Kendall Jenner and sister Kylie Jenner reportedly being considered to star in new E! spinoff
- Kanye West gets tattoos on his wrists to show love for two girls
- 'American Idol's Top 12 girls perform, standouts include Jax, Tyanna Jones and Sarina-Joi Crowe
- Exclusive: 'The Amazing Race' couple Jeff Magee and Lyda Grawn talk (Part 1)
- Exclusive: 'Survivor: Worlds Apart' eliminee So Kim talks (Part 1)
- 'The Amazing Race' ousts dating couple Jeff Magee and Lyda Grawn in debut episode
- Kylie Jenner buys $2.7 million mansion at age 17
- 'Survivor: Worlds Apart' White Collar "Masaya" Tribe votes off So Kim in premiere
- 'American Idol's Top 12 guys perform for votes and some rise above the pack
- 'Survivor: Worlds Apart' host Jeff Probst: The cast is the best yet, the three tribes live up to stereotypes
- 'The Amazing Race' host Phil Keoghan on new season: The format hasn't changed, it's not a dating show!
- 'The Bachelor' eliminees Britt Nilsson and Kaitlyn Bristowe weigh-in on which girl should win Chris Soules' heart
- Bobbi Kristina Brown taken out of a coma in the hope of change, says family source
- Kaitlyn Bristowe: 'The Bachelor' star Chris Soules wasn't courteous enough to dump me in a legit conversation
- Giuliana Rancic publicly apologizes to Zendaya Coleman for Oscar dreadlocks joke on 'Fashion Police'