ABC is reportedly considering a revival of Who Wants to Be a Millionaire, the groundbreaking game show that premiered on the network ten years ago this year. Full Story
In a move that surprised no one who had been paying attention, the struggling ABC network announced Friday that Super Millionaire the super charged version of the original Who Wants to Be a Millionaire hit series that aired as a February Sweeps "event," will return for the upcoming May Sweeps period. Regis Philbin will return as host of the program.
In announcing the return of Super Millionaire, ABC went out of its way to make it clear that the program was only coming back as a week-long special edition February Sweeps programming event, however if the initial premiere ratings are any indication, the struggling network might have no choice but to rethink those plans.
ABC has announced that Super Millionaire, the new and "amped up" version of Who Wants to Be a Millionaire, will open its contestant qualification round on Monday, February 16. Regis Philbin will host the series of one-hour specials that offers $10 million as the top prize.
Desperate for ratings, the ABC Television Network announced yesterday that it will be bringing a $10,000,000 Super Millionaire version of the network's previously cancelled Who Wants To Be a Millionaire series back for the February sweeps period.
- Kelly Osbourne honors Joan Rivers with bumblebee tattoo
- "Mama June" Shannon reportedly lying about not dating convicted sex offender
- Teresa Giudice and Joe Giudice's connection reportedly "fading" since sentencing
- Nick Cannon: Mariah Carey and I are "focused on family" amid separation
- Exclusive: 'Project Runway' Season 13 winner Sean Kelly talks (Part 1)
- Tori Spelling shares photo and cryptic message from the hospital
- 'Here Comes Honey Boo Boo' canceled by TLC after claims "Mama June" dating sex offender
- 'Project Runway' crowns Sean Kelly thirteenth-season winner
- 'The Biggest Loser' eliminates Matthew Miller, sends Jackie Pierson to Comeback Canyon
- Bear Grylls releases new 'Extreme Food' book
- Exclusive: 'Survivor: San Juan del Sur -- Blood vs. Water' eliminee Kelley Wentworth talks (Part 1)
- Mike "The Situation" Sorrentino pleads not guilty to tax fraud
- 'Honey Boo Boo' star "Mama June" Shannon dating alleged child molester, TLC "reassessing the future of the series"
- 'Survivor: San Juan del Sur -- Blood vs. Water' switches up the tribes and eliminates Kelley Wentworth
- Jennifer Lopez shells out $22 million for Manhattan penthouse reportedly
- Andi Dorfman and Josh Murray: Nikki Ferrell is invited to our wedding without Juan Pablo Galavis
- Khloe Kardashian reportedly can't reach Lamar Odom to finalize divorce
- Tori Spelling: Am I a b-tch if I say Dean McDermott's mistress is unattractive?
- Exclusive: 'Survivor: San Juan del Sur -- Blood vs. Water' eliminee Drew Christy talks (Part 2)
- 'Chrisley Knows Best' renewed for a third season by USA Network
- Kylie Jenner stars in Jaden Smith's video for 'Blue Ocean' song
- Jennifer Lopez reportedly close to inking Las Vegas residency deal
- Kesha accused of previously denying Dr. Luke abuse under oath in 2011 case
- Kelly Clarkson covers Sam Smith's 'Stay With Me' hit single