ABC is reportedly considering a revival of Who Wants to Be a Millionaire, the groundbreaking game show that premiered on the network ten years ago this year. Full Story
In a move that surprised no one who had been paying attention, the struggling ABC network announced Friday that Super Millionaire the super charged version of the original Who Wants to Be a Millionaire hit series that aired as a February Sweeps "event," will return for the upcoming May Sweeps period. Regis Philbin will return as host of the program.
In announcing the return of Super Millionaire, ABC went out of its way to make it clear that the program was only coming back as a week-long special edition February Sweeps programming event, however if the initial premiere ratings are any indication, the struggling network might have no choice but to rethink those plans.
ABC has announced that Super Millionaire, the new and "amped up" version of Who Wants to Be a Millionaire, will open its contestant qualification round on Monday, February 16. Regis Philbin will host the series of one-hour specials that offers $10 million as the top prize.
Desperate for ratings, the ABC Television Network announced yesterday that it will be bringing a $10,000,000 Super Millionaire version of the network's previously cancelled Who Wants To Be a Millionaire series back for the February sweeps period.
- Bruce Jenner tears up when learning Kris Jenner made Kourtney Kardashian the executor of her living will
- 'Running Wild with Bear Grylls' to debut second season July 13 on NBC
- 'Last Comic Standing' to premiere ninth season July 22 on NBC
- Ray J negotiates 'Love & Hip Hop: Hollywood' return after threatening to quit
- Khloe Kardashian spotted partying and holding hands with French Montana in Miami
- Jennifer Lopez and Casper Smart reportedly staged breakup and have remained together all along
- 'American Idol's Maddie Walker: Harry Connick Jr. was upset about my ouster, he pulled me aside to chat
- Bear Grylls to test 14 American men on new 'The Island' reality series for NBC
- 'Survivor: Worlds Apart' castoff Joaquin Souberbielle talks (Part 1)
- 'Leah Remini: It's All Relative' renewed for second season by TLC
- Kendall Jenner lands another major modeling campaign with Calvin Klein
- 'American Idol' sends both Adanna Duru and Maddie Walker home on '80s night
- 'Survivor: Worlds Apart' Escameca tribe votes out former White Collar castaway Joaquin Souberbielle
- 'Duck Dynasty' star Phil Robertson tells alarming, offensive story about atheists at Christian event
- Nate Berkus and husband Jeremiah Brent welcome baby via surrogate
- Jason Hoppy "exploring legal options" after Bethenny Frankel's candid interview
- 'The Bachelor' star Chris Soules reportedly pitching reality show set on his farm with Whitney Bischoff
- Rob Kardashian reportedly bitter, depressed and rejects family interventions
- 'The Voice' coaches send three artists into the "Live Playoffs" and Pharrell Williams uses his only "Steal"
- Exclusive: Max Dawson talks 'Survivor: Worlds Apart' (Part 2)
- Farrah Abraham reveals plans to become a plastic surgeon
- Holly Madison reveals she contemplated suicide while living in 'Playboy' Mansion
- Kelly Osbourne reveals she has the BRCA1 "cancer gene," praises Angelina Jolie
- 'The Real Housewives of New York City' star Bethenny Frankel splits from boyfriend Michael "Mac" Cerussi III