ABC is reportedly considering a revival of Who Wants to Be a Millionaire, the groundbreaking game show that premiered on the network ten years ago this year. Full Story
In a move that surprised no one who had been paying attention, the struggling ABC network announced Friday that Super Millionaire the super charged version of the original Who Wants to Be a Millionaire hit series that aired as a February Sweeps "event," will return for the upcoming May Sweeps period. Regis Philbin will return as host of the program.
In announcing the return of Super Millionaire, ABC went out of its way to make it clear that the program was only coming back as a week-long special edition February Sweeps programming event, however if the initial premiere ratings are any indication, the struggling network might have no choice but to rethink those plans.
ABC has announced that Super Millionaire, the new and "amped up" version of Who Wants to Be a Millionaire, will open its contestant qualification round on Monday, February 16. Regis Philbin will host the series of one-hour specials that offers $10 million as the top prize.
Desperate for ratings, the ABC Television Network announced yesterday that it will be bringing a $10,000,000 Super Millionaire version of the network's previously cancelled Who Wants To Be a Millionaire series back for the February sweeps period.
- Kim Kardashian defends Kanye West criticism of yelling at disabled concertgoers
- Former 'The Bachelor' couple Sean Lowe and Catherine Giudici: Are they having kids soon?!
- Cheryl Burke on 'Dancing with the Stars' future: This season will probably be my last
- 'MasterChef' crowns Courtney Lapresi fifth-season champion
- 'America's Next Top Model' kicks Romeo Tostado out of the competition for physical assault
- 'Dancing with the Stars' couple Alfonso Ribeiro and pro partner Witney Carson top the leaderboard in premiere
- 'Dancing with the Stars' judge Julianne Hough: I'm going to be harder on my brother Derek Hough than anyone else
- Sarah Herron: I left 'Bachelor in Paradise' in shambles, I cried for days over Robert Graham and tried to fix things
- Kristin Cavallari shares photo illustration of her daily routine
- Lauren Conrad marries William Tell in intimate ceremony
- Kanye West yells at crowd to stand up and stops concert until they do, later discovers two disabled people
- 'Big Brother' crowns a new HoH in Caleb Reynolds, who nominates two houseguests for eviction
- Kristin Cavallari isn't interested in your fantasy football team
- Derek Hough happy to return to 'Dancing with the Stars'
- Joan Rivers' medical clinic's medical director reportedly fired
- 'Sons of Guns' star Stephanie Hayden stands by rape charge against father William Hayden, claims he molested her too
- Kendall Jenner posts upskirt photo on Instagram while bashing the photographer responsible for taking it
- 'The Biggest Loser: Glory Days' eliminates Zina Garrison and the Blue Team votes off Andrea Wilamowski
- Phil Robertson declares AIDS is God's punishment for gays
- New 'The Biggest Loser' trainers Jessie Pavelka and Jennifer Widerstrom: They hazed us a little bit but it's surreal
- Tori Spelling and Dean McDermott's 'True Tori' reality series renewed by Lifetime
- Juan Pablo Galavis: My relationship with Nikki Ferrell would've been over if it wasn't for one thing
- Kanye West reportedly rushed to hospital with migraine in Australia
- Apollo Nida enters jail late after blowout fight with wife Phaedra Parks