ABC is reportedly considering a revival of Who Wants to Be a Millionaire, the groundbreaking game show that premiered on the network ten years ago this year. Full Story
In a move that surprised no one who had been paying attention, the struggling ABC network announced Friday that Super Millionaire the super charged version of the original Who Wants to Be a Millionaire hit series that aired as a February Sweeps "event," will return for the upcoming May Sweeps period. Regis Philbin will return as host of the program.
In announcing the return of Super Millionaire, ABC went out of its way to make it clear that the program was only coming back as a week-long special edition February Sweeps programming event, however if the initial premiere ratings are any indication, the struggling network might have no choice but to rethink those plans.
ABC has announced that Super Millionaire, the new and "amped up" version of Who Wants to Be a Millionaire, will open its contestant qualification round on Monday, February 16. Regis Philbin will host the series of one-hour specials that offers $10 million as the top prize.
Desperate for ratings, the ABC Television Network announced yesterday that it will be bringing a $10,000,000 Super Millionaire version of the network's previously cancelled Who Wants To Be a Millionaire series back for the February sweeps period.
- Chris Bukowski and Elise Mosca's relationship: What is their current status?
- 'Utopia' cast revealed by Fox, new reality series to premiere September 7
- Former 'Jersey Shore' stars Ronnie Ortiz-Magro and Sammi "Sweetheart" Giancola split for good
- 'American Idol' host Ryan Seacrest talks turning 40 and new personal goals
- Jill Duggar starts her big family with new husband Derick Dillard, they're expecting!
- Jenni "JWoww" Farley swears off sex with fiance Roger Mathews for a year or two
- 'Kate Plus 8' to air all-new episodes later this year on TLC
- Kourtney Kardashian and family reportedly flee new home after finding covered-up mold, wants to sue
- 'Bachelor in Paradise' host Chris Harrison: Graham Bunn feels suffocated and pressured by AshLee Frazier, that's not good
- 'Bachelor in Paradise' eliminates Danielle Ronco, sees one couple quit together
- Julianne Hough to reportedly return to 'Dancing with the Stars,' but in what role?
- Nick and Drew Lachey's 'Lachey's Bar' reality series ordered by A&E
- 'Deadliest Catch,' 'Shark Tank' and Jane Lynch win at Creative Arts Emmy Awards ceremony
- 'Hell's Kitchen' thirteenth-season cast revealed, new season to premiere September 10
- 'Teen Mom' star Catelynn Lowell and Tyler Baltierra find out the sex of their baby!
- Khloe Kardashian: I just don't care that French Montana wants to capitalize on my fame
- 'Big Brother' determines sole HoH and two eviction nominees after "Battle of the Block" competition
- Christina Aguilera gives birth to a baby girl with fiance Matt Rutler
- 'Rising Star' advances Austin French, Jesse Kinch and Dana Williams to finale
- Tori Spelling reveals current state of marriage with Dean McDermott after his cheating affair
- 'The Voice' coach Usher admits his "best mistake" in life
- Former 'Teen Mom' star Farrah Abraham: Yeah, I'm a stripper but it's just for research
- Josh Gracin apologizes for suicide scare, says he's getting help
- Kendall Jenner reportedly thinks she's the hottest and most in-demand sister by far, everyone's fed up with her ego