ABC is reportedly considering a revival of Who Wants to Be a Millionaire, the groundbreaking game show that premiered on the network ten years ago this year. Full Story
In a move that surprised no one who had been paying attention, the struggling ABC network announced Friday that Super Millionaire the super charged version of the original Who Wants to Be a Millionaire hit series that aired as a February Sweeps "event," will return for the upcoming May Sweeps period. Regis Philbin will return as host of the program.
In announcing the return of Super Millionaire, ABC went out of its way to make it clear that the program was only coming back as a week-long special edition February Sweeps programming event, however if the initial premiere ratings are any indication, the struggling network might have no choice but to rethink those plans.
ABC has announced that Super Millionaire, the new and "amped up" version of Who Wants to Be a Millionaire, will open its contestant qualification round on Monday, February 16. Regis Philbin will host the series of one-hour specials that offers $10 million as the top prize.
Desperate for ratings, the ABC Television Network announced yesterday that it will be bringing a $10,000,000 Super Millionaire version of the network's previously cancelled Who Wants To Be a Millionaire series back for the February sweeps period.
- 'Dancing with the Stars' crowns Alfonso Ribeiro and partner Witney Carson Season 19 winners
- Kathy Griffin: Joan Rivers and I had discussed having me join 'Fashion Police'
- Val Chmerkovskiy sends Janel Parrish emotional "love you" message before 'Dancing with the Stars' finale
- 'Dancing with the Stars' pro partner Derek Hough: Bethany Mota and I hid things from the cameras
- Leah Messer reportedly "scarred" from 'Teen Mom 2' and therefore quitting
- Janel Parrish on 'Dancing with the Stars' finale: I think Alfonso Ribeiro is the one to beat
- Jenny McCarthy and Donnie Wahlberg: Our 'Donnie Loves Jenny' reality show won't break us up!
- Exclusive: 'Survivor: San Juan del Sur -- Blood vs. Water' eliminee Jeremy Collins talks (Part 2)
- Kendra Wilkinson: I didn't know sex was involved when I moved into the 'Playboy' mansion with Hugh Hefner
- TV station apologizes for 'Dancing With the Stars' tweet during Ferguson decision
- 'The Voice' Top 10 artists mentored by Diana Ross, Clive Davis, Patrick Stump, Colbie Caillat, and Christina Aguilera
- 'Dancing with the Stars' cuts Bethany Mota and Derek Hough as Alfonso Ribeiro and Witney Carson earn perfect total score
- Exclusive: 'The Amazing Race' eliminee Te Jay McGrath talks (Part 1)
- Kris Jenner reportedly not phased new boyfriend Corey Gamble is an alleged stalker and abuser
- 'Dancing with the Stars' judge Carrie Ann Inaba sizes up the finals competitors
- Kendra Wilkinson: It's going to take a lifetime to trust Hank Baskett again but he's worth fighting for
- Heidi Montag declares she's done with plastic surgery
- Kourtney Kardashian posts cryptic movie quote suggesting problems with Scott Disick
- Former 'American Idol' finalist James Durbin welcomes a daughter into the world
- Janel Parrish's 'Pretty Little Liars' schedule reportedly hurting chances of winning 'Dancing with the Stars' with Val Chmerkovskiy
- Carrie Underwood wins at 2014 American Music Awards, Pharrell Williams leaves empty-handed
- 'America's Next Top Model: Guys & Girls 2' eliminates Shei Phan, leaving only one girl in the Top 4
- 'The Amazing Race' eliminates Tim Tsao and Te Jay McGrath
- Gia Giudice addresses her mom Teresa Giudice's prison sentence