ABC is reportedly considering a revival of Who Wants to Be a Millionaire, the groundbreaking game show that premiered on the network ten years ago this year. Full Story
In a move that surprised no one who had been paying attention, the struggling ABC network announced Friday that Super Millionaire the super charged version of the original Who Wants to Be a Millionaire hit series that aired as a February Sweeps "event," will return for the upcoming May Sweeps period. Regis Philbin will return as host of the program.
In announcing the return of Super Millionaire, ABC went out of its way to make it clear that the program was only coming back as a week-long special edition February Sweeps programming event, however if the initial premiere ratings are any indication, the struggling network might have no choice but to rethink those plans.
ABC has announced that Super Millionaire, the new and "amped up" version of Who Wants to Be a Millionaire, will open its contestant qualification round on Monday, February 16. Regis Philbin will host the series of one-hour specials that offers $10 million as the top prize.
Desperate for ratings, the ABC Television Network announced yesterday that it will be bringing a $10,000,000 Super Millionaire version of the network's previously cancelled Who Wants To Be a Millionaire series back for the February sweeps period.
- Tori Spelling wants to humiliate Dean McDermott in 'True Tori,' says source, she's angry and not in a good place
- Exclusive: 'Survivor: Cagayan -- Brawn vs. Brains vs. Beauty' castoff Morgan McLeod talks (Part 2)
- 'Dancing with the Stars' pro Tony Dovolani on NeNe Leakes tiff: My comments were taken out of context, it's tough to be portrayed as a villain
- 'American Idol' eliminee Malaya Watson: There was never a moment I doubted the judges' advice
- Lindsay Lohan reportedly relapses again and drinks at Coachella
- 'The Voice' coach Usher determines his three live-shows competitors, completing the Top 12 artists
- 'The Bachelorette' star Andi Dorfman: "She's looking for the right
- Flavor Flav pleads guilty to misdemeanor battery
- 'American Idol' eliminee Malaya Watson: I was really hesitant to do the show
- 'Chrisley Knows Best' renewed for second season by USA Network
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West check on wedding details in Paris
- 'Dancing with the Stars' eliminee Cody Simpson: I have mixed feelings, I had no clue I'd be going home
- Exclusive: John Erck and Jessica Hoel talk 'The Amazing Race: All-Stars' (Part 1)
- 'Southern Charm' stars Kathryn Dennis and Thomas Ravenel reportedly have baby girl
- 'Dancing with the Stars' eliminates Cody Simpson and professional partner Witney Carson on 'Disney Night'
- 'The Voice' coaches Shakira and Adam Levine determine their three-person teams, four artists get eliminated
- 'Dancing with the Stars' pro Peta Murgatroyd: James Maslow and I have amazing chemistry, it feels so good to be back with him!
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West reportedly tour Chateau de Louveciennes as possible wedding location
- 'The Amazing Race: All-Stars' eliminates John Erck and Jessica Hoel
- 'American Idol' eliminee Malaya Watson: It's really weird, the girls are getting scarce!
- Khloe Kardashian reportedly refusing to take "desperate calls" from Lamar Odom, dating rapper French Montana
- Ryan Seacrest may reportedly leave 'American Idol'
- 'Dancing with the Stars' executive producer Conrad Green leaving to join Fox's new 'Utopia' reality series
- 'Project Runway: Under the Gunn' crowns Oscar Lopez its first winner