ABC is reportedly considering a revival of Who Wants to Be a Millionaire, the groundbreaking game show that premiered on the network ten years ago this year. Full Story
In a move that surprised no one who had been paying attention, the struggling ABC network announced Friday that Super Millionaire the super charged version of the original Who Wants to Be a Millionaire hit series that aired as a February Sweeps "event," will return for the upcoming May Sweeps period. Regis Philbin will return as host of the program.
In announcing the return of Super Millionaire, ABC went out of its way to make it clear that the program was only coming back as a week-long special edition February Sweeps programming event, however if the initial premiere ratings are any indication, the struggling network might have no choice but to rethink those plans.
ABC has announced that Super Millionaire, the new and "amped up" version of Who Wants to Be a Millionaire, will open its contestant qualification round on Monday, February 16. Regis Philbin will host the series of one-hour specials that offers $10 million as the top prize.
Desperate for ratings, the ABC Television Network announced yesterday that it will be bringing a $10,000,000 Super Millionaire version of the network's previously cancelled Who Wants To Be a Millionaire series back for the February sweeps period.
- Ryan Lochte reportedly going 'Dancing with the Stars' after fabricated Olympics robbery scandal
- 'Teen Mom 2' star Jenelle Evans announces she's pregnant with third child
- 'Big Brother' recap: Paul Abrahamian wins Power of Veto, Corey Brooks named replacement nominee
- Kourtney Kardashian: Scott Disick reconciliation would require "so much work"
- Kate Gosselin: My 12-year-old son Collin has special needs - "I've felt very alone in this"
- Ashley Iaconetti: I stand by my Caila Quinn concerns on 'Bachelor in Paradise'
- 'Bachelor in Paradise' host Chris Harrison: Next week is the most explosive confrontation in history!
- Candace Cameron Bure confirms her daughter will appear on this fall's 'The Voice' auditions
- Paulie Calafiore: Natalie Negrotti is just using James Huling, said she wouldn't date him after 'Big Brother'
- 'Bachelor in Paradise's Josh Murray and Amanda Stanton announce they're living together, Amanda boasts she still hasn't read Andi Dorfman's book allegations
- Jon Gosselin's twin girls Madelyn and Cara speak out: He should think about why we don't want to see him
- 'The Celebrity Apprentice' plays up Arnold Schwarzenegger's 'Terminator' legacy in new promo
- Vinny Ventiera vents on 'After Paradise' Izzy Goodkind "played herself," she regrets dumping him "100 percent"
- Brandy serenaded Ray J and Princess Love on their wedding day
- 'Bachelor in Paradise' couple Vinny Ventiera and Izzy Goodkind split, Ashley Iaconetti and Caila Quinn fight over Jared Haibon
- Discovery reality series to follow Idris Elba training to be professional kickboxer
- 'Dancing with the Stars' reveals the first 8 pro dancers to star on Season 23
- Caila Quinn: I did tell Ashley Iaconetti I wouldn't go on 'Bachelor in Paradise,' but I changed my mind and didn't think I needed her approval
- 'Bachelor in Paradise: After Paradise' to feature Vinny Ventiera, Izzy Goodkind, Nick Viall, Katie Lowes and Adam Shapiro
- Jessa Duggar and Ben Seewald announce they are having another baby
- 'The Bachelorette' couple Desiree Hartsock and Chris Siegfried reveal sex of first child
- 'Bachelor in Paradise' host: I understand Josh Murray's view, but Nick Viall and Evan Bass have a right to protect Amanda Stanton