ABC is reportedly considering a revival of Who Wants to Be a Millionaire, the groundbreaking game show that premiered on the network ten years ago this year. Full Story
In a move that surprised no one who had been paying attention, the struggling ABC network announced Friday that Super Millionaire the super charged version of the original Who Wants to Be a Millionaire hit series that aired as a February Sweeps "event," will return for the upcoming May Sweeps period. Regis Philbin will return as host of the program.
In announcing the return of Super Millionaire, ABC went out of its way to make it clear that the program was only coming back as a week-long special edition February Sweeps programming event, however if the initial premiere ratings are any indication, the struggling network might have no choice but to rethink those plans.
ABC has announced that Super Millionaire, the new and "amped up" version of Who Wants to Be a Millionaire, will open its contestant qualification round on Monday, February 16. Regis Philbin will host the series of one-hour specials that offers $10 million as the top prize.
Desperate for ratings, the ABC Television Network announced yesterday that it will be bringing a $10,000,000 Super Millionaire version of the network's previously cancelled Who Wants To Be a Millionaire series back for the February sweeps period.
- 'The Bachelorette' star Kaitlyn Bristowe: I keep breaking the rules, so why not keep it going?
- E! renews 'Botched' for a third season, set to debut early next year
- 'I Can Do That' renewed for second season by NBC
- Maci Bookout shares first photos of new daughter Jayde
- Brody Jenner: I get along better with Caitlyn Jenner than Bruce Jenner, she's "incredible"
- Brandi Glanville slams 'The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills' stars
- Jessica Simpson shares photos from son Ace's second birthday
- 'The Bachelorette' star Kaitlyn Bristowe: When JJ Lane told me he cheated on his ex-wife, I felt sick
- NeNe Leakes joins celebrity panel with Betty White for new 'To Tell The Truth' variety show on ABC
- Miss USA pageant to air on Reelz cable network after being dropped by NBC
- 'Big Brother' HoH James Huling names Jace Agolli replacement nominee after PoV competition
- Jessa Duggar posts baby bump selfie at 22 weeks
- Bobbi Kristina Brown sued for car crash days before her hospitalization
- Joan Rivers' Manhattan condo reportedly sells for $28 million
- 'The Bachelorette's Shawn Booth and Nick Viall will be one of the most bitter rivalries ever, says source
- Hank Baskett comes clean about cheating with transgender model, wife Kendra Wilkinson supports him
- Kim Kardashian: "I think you would call me a feminist"
- Kate Gosselin celebrates sextuplets' 11th birthday
- Josh and Anna Duggar reportedly "barely speaking," she feels "trapped" as family turns against them
- Kendra Wilkinson and Hank Baskett address cheating scandal
- Macy's and Donald Trump end menswear business deal, both parties take credit for the move
- Donald Trump reportedly suing Univision for $500 million over Miss USA pageant
- Khloe Kardashian has fallen for Rick Fox, sources say, he showers her with attention
- 'The Bachelorette' star Kaitlyn Bristowe defends Chris "Cupcake" Strandburg for crying