ABC is reportedly considering a revival of Who Wants to Be a Millionaire, the groundbreaking game show that premiered on the network ten years ago this year. Full Story
In a move that surprised no one who had been paying attention, the struggling ABC network announced Friday that Super Millionaire the super charged version of the original Who Wants to Be a Millionaire hit series that aired as a February Sweeps "event," will return for the upcoming May Sweeps period. Regis Philbin will return as host of the program.
In announcing the return of Super Millionaire, ABC went out of its way to make it clear that the program was only coming back as a week-long special edition February Sweeps programming event, however if the initial premiere ratings are any indication, the struggling network might have no choice but to rethink those plans.
ABC has announced that Super Millionaire, the new and "amped up" version of Who Wants to Be a Millionaire, will open its contestant qualification round on Monday, February 16. Regis Philbin will host the series of one-hour specials that offers $10 million as the top prize.
Desperate for ratings, the ABC Television Network announced yesterday that it will be bringing a $10,000,000 Super Millionaire version of the network's previously cancelled Who Wants To Be a Millionaire series back for the February sweeps period.
- 'American Idol' champion Candice Glover: I had no idea what was going to happen!
- Christina Aguilera and Cee Lo Green's 'The Voice' returns, Shakira and Usher's departures and returns confirmed by NBC
- Mariah Carey denies lip-syncing during 'American Idol' finale broadcast
- Edward "Eddie" Fox talks about'Survivor: Caramoan -- Fans vs. Favorites'
- 'American Idol' runner-up Kree Harrison: I still feel like I'm a winner despite losing
- Candice Glover debut album to be released July 16 and titled 'Music Speaks'
- VIDEO: Listen to Angie Miller's 'You Set Me Free' released single
- Candice Glover: My confidence got me through 'American Idol' this time, I did what I wanted
- Kim Kardashian reportedly planning to take newborn baby on tour with Kanye West
- Kree Harrison: I still want my single to be "All Cried Out" even though I lost 'American Idol'
- 'American Idol' crowns Candice Glover twelfth-season champ over Kree Harrison
- Shakira and Usher reportedly returning for next spring's 'The Voice' season
- Erik Reichenbach talks about 'Survivor: Caramoan -- Fans vs. Favorites'
- Jennifer Hudson's 'Winnie Mandela' film to be released this fall
- 'The Bachelorette' star Desiree Hartsock: There's a lot of guy drama, and you'll see my brother again
- Keith Urban: I would like to return as a judge for 'American Idol's thirteenth season
- Sherri Biethman talks about 'Survivor: Caramoan -- Fans vs. Favorites'
- 'The Voice' host Carson Daly confirms Christina Aguilera returning as coach
- 'American Idol' finalists Candice Glover and Kree Harrison vie for twelfth-season title
- Jennifer Lopez: "I don't know" whether I'll return to 'American Idol' as a judge
- Nicki Minaj reportedly definitely not returning as 'American Idol' judge
- 'The Bachelorette' star Desiree Hartsock: It was incredibly emotional and really surprising
- Angie Miller: "I didn't want to dwell on how sad I was" about my 'American Idol' ouster
- 'Survivor: Blood vs. Water's format twist confirmed by CBS