ABC is reportedly considering a revival of Who Wants to Be a Millionaire, the groundbreaking game show that premiered on the network ten years ago this year. Full Story
In a move that surprised no one who had been paying attention, the struggling ABC network announced Friday that Super Millionaire the super charged version of the original Who Wants to Be a Millionaire hit series that aired as a February Sweeps "event," will return for the upcoming May Sweeps period. Regis Philbin will return as host of the program.
In announcing the return of Super Millionaire, ABC went out of its way to make it clear that the program was only coming back as a week-long special edition February Sweeps programming event, however if the initial premiere ratings are any indication, the struggling network might have no choice but to rethink those plans.
ABC has announced that Super Millionaire, the new and "amped up" version of Who Wants to Be a Millionaire, will open its contestant qualification round on Monday, February 16. Regis Philbin will host the series of one-hour specials that offers $10 million as the top prize.
Desperate for ratings, the ABC Television Network announced yesterday that it will be bringing a $10,000,000 Super Millionaire version of the network's previously cancelled Who Wants To Be a Millionaire series back for the February sweeps period.
- Rob Kardashian's ex-girlfriend Adrienne Bailon "happy" he's dating Blac Chyna and wishes them well
- Kesha's mom and manager win legal dispute as Supreme Court judge throws out producer Dr. Luke's claims
- Dave Mirra, former host of MTV's 'Real World/Road Rules Challenge' dies of apparent suicide
- Former Bachelor Sean Lowe calls wife Catherine Giudici "soulless" in 'Marriage Boot Camp: Reality Stars' preview
- 'The Real Housewives of New Jersey' star Teresa Giudice taken off house arrest, closing "dark chapter" in her life
- 'Project Runway Junior' crowns Maya Ramirez its first winner ever
- 'American Idol' reveals the Top 24 contestants -- Who made the cut?
- 'American Idol's first winner Kelly Clarkson chooses show appearance over the Grammy Awards!
- 'The Voice' coach Blake Shelton vents frustration over ridiculous "lies" on Twitter
- Amanda Stanton's ex-husband Nick Buonfiglio dishes on failed marriage and warns 'The Bachelor' Ben Higgins
- Khloe Kardashian reunites with French Montana, doesn't believe in "f--king and ducking"
- 'The Bachelor' star Ben Higgins: "What happens next week really rocked me to the core"
- Miley Cyrus to serve as key adviser on 'The Voice's upcoming tenth season
- Jodie Sweetin reportedly going 'Dancing with the Stars'
- Catherine Giudici admits to Sean Lowe in 'Marriage Boot Camp: Reality Stars' preview: I hate how jealous I am of other women
- 'American Idol' judges determine Top 51 contestants after completion of Solo Round
- 'American Idol' judge Jennifer Lopez creates a buzz with makeup-free Instagram video Casper Smart shared
- Khloe Kardashian: Before DASH, I was spiraling out of control and Kourtney Kardashian gave me a reason to wake up
- Kristin Cavallari talks life after car crash and brother's death: "I've found so much strength in the kids"
- Gigi Hadid declared Zayn Malik's girlfriend as he confirms relationship status on radio show
- Olivia Caridi drama had my mind reeling, says 'The Bachelor' Ben Higgins, one of my biggest fears was being realized
- Amy Duggar: I never really felt up to the Duggar standard and I don't feel guilty for being me
- 'The Bachelor' Ben Higgins: Jubilee Sharpe was "passive-aggressive," her "snide comments" replaced communication
- 'Married at First Sight' betrayal? Ashley Doherty confronts husband David Norton about allegedly asking another girl out