Playing It Straight
Despite having been pulled off the airwaves after only three episodes, last spring's Playing It Straight series has continued to remain of interest among its small (but devoted) group of viewers -- so much so that Fox has apparently grown so tired of viewer questions about the program's ending that it's finally gotten around to posting episode synopses of the remaining unaired episodes at Fox.com Full Story
So much for FOX's previously announced plans to broadcast the remaining unaired episodes of its canceled Forever Eden and Playing It Straight reality series as part of its Summer 2004 programming slate.
Three episodes into its originally scheduled six-episode run, FOX announced yesterday evening that it is pulling its Playing It Straight series from the network's broadcast schedule.
"Gayme On," our episode summary for the third episode of FOX's Playing It Straight, written by GuessItRains, is now available.
Leave it to the Internet to build a better gaydar. Playing It Straight's Jackie might be having problems identitying her show's gay suitors, but armed with tips from a cadre of sharp-eyed gay readers, one online magazine has apparently had no such problems.
"Jackie Finally Gets One," our episode summary for the second episode of FOX's Playing It Straight, written by Tiger Lily, is now available.
Jackie's gaydar may have improved, as she eliminated a gay guy and a straight guy on the second episode of FOX's Playing It Straight -- unlike the previous week's premiere in which the gaydar-challenged Wisconsin coed incorrectly eliminated two straight guys.
"Girlfriend's Got No Gaydar," our episode summary for the premiere episode of FOX's Playing It Straight, written by volsfan, is now available.
As could be easily predicted, Fox's new Playing It Straight series, which premiered along with the quirky Wonderfalls drama as part of the network's new Friday night lineup, struggled in its debut in the evening known as Fox's ratings black hole.
FOX has revealed the names and profiles of the fourteen men who will be starring in Playing It Straight, the network's new reality dating series that seeks to test one woman's (and America's) "gaydar."
FOX is shaping up to have quite a Spring 2004 lineup. Leaving no doubt that they are equal-opportunity offenders, having already gone after the fat and soon the little, FOX has now announced plans to complete their trifecta and go after the gay with its own twisted backwards take on Bravo's previous Boy Meets Boy reality show. And to add insult to injury, they're going to be doing it on Friday nights -- the reality TV kiss of death.
- Prosecutors oppose 'The Real Housewives of New Jersey' star Teresa Giudice's halfway house request
- 'Big Brother' contestant Frankie Grande to star in Broadway musical
- Teresa Giudice and crisis manager Wendy Feldman end relationship over prison request
- Tori Spelling hospitalized for possible pneumonia
- 'The Voice' coaches advance six "Battle Round" winners and steal three artists
- Jill Duggar Dillard and Derick Dillard reveal they are having a baby boy
- Kris Jenner cleans up Bruce Jenner rumors on his feminine looks and allegedly dating her best friend
- Bravo announces 'The Real Housewives of New York City's seventh-season cast, Bethenny Frankel confirms return
- 'Dancing with the Stars' contestant Janel Parrish "really bummed"
- 'America's Next Top Model' eliminates Denzel Wells
- 'The Amazing Race' Racers Misti Raman and husband Jim Raman survive non-elimination leg
- Joanne Borgella, former 'American Idol' contestant, dead at age 32 from cancer
- Bruce Jenner reportedly dating Kris Jenner's best friend Ronda Kamihira
- Exclusive: 'The Amazing Race' eliminees Michael Ward and Scott Strazzullo talk (Part 2)
- 'The Biggest Loser' eliminates Mike Murburg and Gina Haddon falls below the red line
- Kourtney Kardashian reportedly expecting another girl with Scott Disick
- Kesha discussed Dr. Luke abuse allegations during rehab for eating disorder, say sources
- Joan Rivers' autopsy results disclosed and cause of death finally revealed
- Exclusive: Drew Christy talks 'Survivor: San Juan del Sur -- Blood vs. Water' (Part 1)
- Heidi Klum and Seal finalize their divorce after more than two years apart
- Jon Gosselin gets evicted from rural home, reportedly has "nowhere to put" his eight kids
- 'Survivor: San Juan del Sur -- Blood vs. Water' eliminates Drew Christy, the first Hunahpu castaway to go