Robert Martinez may reportedly not be the next Bachelor after all.

ADVERTISEMENT
A recent Life & Style report that Martinez will serve as the star of the next edition of The Bachelor is reportedly premature.

"That's far from the truth!" a source told Us Weekly in a Wednesday report. "They are asking him to be the next Bachelor, but he has no interest as of right now."

According to a People source, The Bachelor's producers have yet to definitely decide whether they even want Martinez as the star of the show's seventeenth edition, which is currently scheduled to film this fall and premiere on ABC in January 2013.

"Obviously there's a lot about Roberto that is appealing," the source said.  "Still, they also want to see [which bachelors] from Emily Maynard's [currently-airing The Bachelorette] season might pop with viewers and are weighing if there are any contenders there. It's just too soon to tell."

"It's far too soon to say who the next Bachelor will be, but Roberto is definitely someone producers are considering."

Life & Style reported the former sixth-season The Bachelorette winner had recently inked a contract to be the star of the next season of The Bachelor on Tuesday.

"He's already signed the contract," a production insider told Life & Style about the 29-year-old insurance agent. "They chose him because he's very likable."

The Bachelorette star Ali Fedotowsky selected Martinez over fellow suitor Chris Lambton during the reality dating show's sixth-season finale in 2010 and he immediately proposed -- leading to an 18-month engagement that ended with the couple's break-up announcement in November.

While the former couple -- who had originally planned to wed last summer but postponed the wedding after Fedotowsky broke her femur kickboxing in early June -- originally asked for privacy, Fedotowsky later said the relationship had been a constant compromise which left both parties unsatisfied.