The former Jon & Kate Plus 8 stars' divorce was finalized around Friday midday when the judge handling the couple's divorce case signed the paperwork required to make their split official, Peoplereported.
"I am very relieved that our divorce has been finalized, and I look forward to the New Year, focusing on the children. On behalf of myself and my legal team, I want to express my deep appreciation to the judge and his staff, as well as to the arbitrator, for resolving this case," said Kate in a statement obtained by People.
"This has been a challenging transition for all of us, but I am confident that we will move ahead with the important task of restructuring our lives."
Kate's lawyer Mark Momjian told TMZ that she will "continue to reside with all eight of her children in the former marital home" in Wernersville, PA.
"We are very pleased with the final outcome," Momjian told TMZ.
Thursday reports had indicated that the couple's divorce would be finalized within 24 hours, and a source told People on Friday morning that "the divorce papers are sitting on a desk, waiting to be signed."
"While the arbitration proceedings are still a work in progress, Jon and Kate will remain binded in their commitment to their eight wonderful children," a representative for Jon told TMZ.
"Jon is confident that he and Kate will be able to move forward in a fashion that will be in the best interest of the Gosselin family."
Jon and Kate filed for divorce in June -- on the same day they publicly announced their separation during a Jon & Kate Plus 8 broadcast. Late last month, Jon's lawyer Mark Heller stated it was "possible" the divorce could be finalized by the end of the year after the couple attended a day-long divorce arbitration hearing.
Last week, a judge granted TLC a preliminary injunction that prevents Jon from making media appearances and endorsements because the network claims they violate his contract -- a ruling that reportedly left Gosselin in "serious financial trouble."
FOLLOW REALITY TV WORLD ON THE ALL-NEW GOOGLE NEWS!
Reality TV World is now available on the all-new Google News app and website. Click here to visit our Google News page, and then click FOLLOW to add us as a news source!
The preliminary injunction was granted pending the outcome of a trial scheduled to begin in April.