Jeff Bridges says cancer is in remission, has recovered from COVID-19
UPI News Service, 09/13/2021
Jeff Bridges says his cancer is in remission and he has recovered from COVID-19 in a new blog post that was uploaded to his website on Monday.
"My cancer is in remission -- the '9 x 12' mass has shrunk down to the size of a marble. My COVID is in the rearview mirror," the actor said.
Bridges announced that he was diagnosed with lymphoma in October 2020.
The 71-year-old previously said on his blog that he was in the hospital for five weeks after he got COVID-19 in January. Bridges was exposed to the virus at the facility where he was receiving chemotherapy before he was able to get vaccinated.
"COVID kicked my ass pretty good, but I'm double vaccinated and feeling much better now. I heard that the vaccine can help folks with long haulers. Maybe that's the cause of my quick improvement," he continued in the new blog post.
Bridges also released new footage of his Hulu series The Old Man after stating that he is ready to get back to work on the drama. Production on The Old Man has been on hiatus.
Copyright 2021 United Press International, Inc. (UPI). Any reproduction, republication, redistribution and/or modification of any UPI content is expressly prohibited without UPI's prior written consent.