David Letterman jokes about Barack Obama's chat with Tony Hayward
UPI News Service, 06/17/2010
David Letterman read a Top 10 list on his talk show about U.S. President Barack Obama's meeting with BP President and Chief Executive Officer Tony Hayward.
Hayward apologized Thursday to a U.S. House panel, stating, "The explosion and fire aboard the Deepwater Horizon and the resulting oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico never should have happened, and I am deeply sorry that they did."
Hayward and other BP officials met Obama and White House staffers Wednesday to discuss the disaster.
The Top 10 list "Things Overheard During President Obama's Meeting with Tony Hayward" appeared on Wednesday's edition of "Late Show with David Letterman."
The list read as follows --
10. "So, what's new?"
9. "Careful, you're getting oil all over the Oval Office."
8. "Before I start kicking asses, would any of you like some sparkling water?"
FOLLOW REALITY TV WORLD ON THE ALL-NEW GOOGLE NEWS!
Reality TV World is now available on the all-new Google News app and website. Click here to visit our Google News page, and then click FOLLOW to add us as a news source!
7. "Speaking of leaks, where is the men's room?"
6. "Thanks for giving my administration something to worry about besides two wars, a crushing debt, global warming and the worst economy in 70 years."
5. "20 billion?! Hell, I got that on me."
4. "Tony, I forgave you the second I heard that dreamy British accent."
3. "Gotta keep this short, I'm meeting with the president of Indonesia about that smoking baby."
2. "(Vice President Joe) Biden, please, enough with the vuvuzela."
1. "How can we blame this on (former President George W.) Bush and (former Vice President Dick) Cheney?"