Corinne Olympios' legal team conducting own investigation after Warner Bros. clears 'Bachelor in Paradise' allegations
By Elizabeth Kwiatkowski, 06/21/2017
Corinne Olympios' legal team is apparently going to conduct an investigation of its own after Warner Bros. determined there was no evidence of "misconduct" on the set of Bachelor in Paradise.
Corinne and DeMario Jackson were allegedly at the center of the Bachelor in Paradise investigation after production shut down earlier this month. A producer had filed a complaint to Warner Bros. concerned that a public sexual encounter between Corinne and DeMario that made her "uncomfortable" may not have been consensual since the bachelorette appeared intoxicated.
Although Corinne called herself a "victim" in a June 14 statement and said she's dealing with "physical and emotional trauma stemming from that evening" in Paradise, Warner Bros. concluded there was no wrongdoing on DeMario or anyone's part and the show's fourth season will resume filming for a Summer 2017 debut, as initially planned.
Hours after Warner Bros. cleared Bachelor in Paradise of misconduct allegations, Corinne's attorney Marty Singer released a statement to E! News.
"It needs to be made crystal clear that production of Bachelor in Paradise was shut down because of multiple complaints received from 'BIP' producers and crew members on the set. It was not shut down due to any complaint filed by Corinne against anyone," Singer explained.
The high-profile entertainment lawyer continued, "It comes as no surprise that Warner Bros., as a result of its own internal investigation, would state that no wrongdoing had occurred. Our own investigation will continue based on multiple new witnesses coming forward revealing what they saw and heard."
Sources claim Corinne feels "really taken aback" by the public's reaction to the scandal because "she never made a complaint or said anything for production to shut down."
The sources told E! News that Corinne was left in the dark over what happened for two days until she was told by a "number" of crew members and production staff that "something terrible happened." When production on Season 4 was suspended, the entire Bachelor in Paradise cast was forced to leave Mexico.
Warner Bros. said in its statement earlier this week, "Our internal investigation, conducted with the assistance of an outside law firm, has now been completed. Out of respect for the privacy interests of those involved, we do not intend to release the videotape of the incident."
"We can say, however, that the tape does not support any charge of misconduct by a cast member. Nor does the tape show, contrary to many press reports, that the safety of any cast member was ever in jeopardy."
Although Bachelor in Paradise cameras will begin rolling again soon, an insider told E! News, "There is no way [Corinne] is going back."
ABC has yet to announce an updated list of contestants, which originally included nine bachelorettes and seven bachelors.
RELATED LINK: 'THE BACHELOR' FRANCHISE COUPLES NOW