Bonner admitted on Good Morning America several weeks ago that he "took on Mount Everest" by joining the cast of Dancing with the Stars although he's always up for a challenge.
"I might be more nervous than climbing on a bull right now, but I'm excited," Bonner said of the opportunity.
Bonner is one of the Dancing with the Stars cast members whom fans may not recognize, so let's learn more about this handsome risk-taker.
Below is a list of 5 facts Reality TV World has compiled about Bonner Bolton:
- Bonner was born on June 1, 1987 on a ranch in Odessa, TX, and he has four siblings who all have "B" names -- Bliss, Brody, Bridger and Brylee Bolton.
- Bonner became a model following a life-threatening accident while bull riding in a January 2016 competition. Bolton flipped off the backside of a bull and then got trampled by the wild animal, snapping his C2 vertebra in his neck.
According to GQ magazine, he was paralyzed for 24 hours and underwent a six-hour surgery but shocked the world when he was able to walk again three days later. Doctors told Bonner that 95 percent of people with his injuries never walk again.
- Before breaking his neck, Bonner had persevered through several serious injuries to rank among the world's top bull riders: In 2008, he tore his right bicep clean off the bone, sidelining him for nearly a year. Years later, he broke his collarbone in four places.
- Bonner played Scott Eastwood's stunt double in the major motion picture, The Longest Ride.
- Bonner is religious, appreciates great art, considers himself a lifelong cowboy even though he's no longer riding, and loves good southern barbeque food.
FOLLOW REALITY TV WORLD ON THE ALL-NEW GOOGLE NEWS!
Reality TV World is now available on the all-new Google News app and website. Click here to visit our Google News page, and then click FOLLOW to add us as a news source!