Becca Kufrin's The Bachelorette season will reportedly feature a famous, athletic bachelor.

ADVERTISEMENT
The Bachelorette's upcoming fourteenth season will show Clay Harbor, a 30-year-old tight end for the New Orleans Saints, competing for Becca's heart, Us Weekly reported.

Clay is currently on the NFL team's injured reserve list, meaning he's temporarily unable to play football. The free agent also previously played for the Eagles from 2010-2013 as well as a few other teams.

"Casting didn't seek him out -- he applied for the show," a source told Us.

According to Reality Steve spoiler blogger Steve Carbone, Clay publicly expressed interest in Becca on Snapchat last week when he posted a screenshot of the brunette beauty on TV with a big heart drawn around her face while The Bachelor's Season 22 finale was airing.

Carbone, however, seems to believe producers did actually reach out to Clay and the football player did not take initiative to be on the reality dating show.

Becca got engaged to pro racing driver Arie Luyendyk Jr. when The Bachelor finale taped in November 2017, but he dumped her less than two months later during what was supposed to be a "happy couple visit" in Los Angeles.

Arie told the Minnesota publicist that he was still in love with his runner-up, Lauren Burnham, and his heart belonged to her, so he ended his engagement to Becca and traveled to Virginia Beach -- Lauren's hometown -- days later to win her back.

Lauren seemed to welcome Arie back into her life with open arms, and then he proposed marriage to her during the live March 6 After the Final Rose broadcast on ABC.

During that same special, The Bachelor host Chris Harrison announced Becca will be starring on this spring's edition of The Bachelorette.

Once the announcement was made, Becca was introduced to five suitors from her upcoming season: Chase, Lincoln, Ryan, Darius and Blake.

Chris told E! News that casting Becca was an "easy" decision after watching Arie and Becca's story evolve.
FOLLOW REALITY TV WORLD ON THE ALL-NEW GOOGLE NEWS!
Reality TV World is now available on the all-new Google News app and website. Click here to visit our Google News page, and then click FOLLOW to add us as a news source!

"We saw the outpouring of love and support for Becca -- and on top of that, we saw how she handled that unedited, controversial scene. I mean, she was so graceful, so poised, so strong and put together," Chris told the website.

And Arie apparently takes some credit for Becca becoming the next The Bachelorette star.

Arie said during an appearance on Good Morning America last week that one of the main reasons he broke up with her for ABC cameras -- which turned out to be a highly-criticized and excruciating conversation to watch -- so her chances would increase of becoming the next leading lady.

"Honestly, I wanted her that opportunity to be the potential Bachelorette," Arie had said on March 7. "I hope I gave her that closure. I'm very happy for her. I'm happy that she's going to be able to find her true love through the show."

Interested in more The Bachelorette news? Join our The Bachelorette Facebook Group!