'Bachelor in Paradise' investigation concludes, Season 4 will resume filming for Summer 2017 debut
By Elizabeth Kwiatkowski, 06/20/2017
Bachelor in Paradise will absolutely be back this summer, as Warner Bros. has completed its investigation and confirmed evidence of "misconduct" on the set was not found.
Bachelor in Paradise's fourth season will resume filming, Us Weekly reported, and ABC has confirmed the reality dating series will still air in Summer 2017.
"As we previously stated, we recently became aware of allegations regarding an incident on the set of Bachelor in Paradise in Mexico. We take all such allegations seriously. The safety, security and well-being of the cast and crew is our No. 1 concern, and we suspended filming so that the allegations could be investigated immediately and thoroughly," Warner Bros. told Us Weekly in a statement on Tuesday, June 20.
"Our internal investigation, conducted with the assistance of an outside law firm, has now been completed."
Production on Bachelor in Paradise's fourth season was suspended earlier this month after a producer filed a complaint with Warner Bros. over alleged sexual activity that made her "uncomfortable" between DeMario Jackson and Corinne Olympios that occurred in a public pool at a Mexican resort, according to prior reports.
An investigation was launched because the producer was allegedly concerned DeMario was taking advantage of Corinne since she appeared too drunk to provide the bachelor with proper consent for their aggressive PDA, which sources claim included foreplay and oral sex.
(However, sources told E! News that the producer never actually witnessed the sexual act in question, nor did she view recorded footage of the events that transpired prior to filing her complaint).
The production company will not be releasing footage of the alleged incident to the public.
"Out of respect for the privacy interests of those involved, we do not intend to release the videotape of the incident. We can say, however, that the tape does not support any charge of misconduct by a cast member. Nor does the tape show, contrary to many press reports, that the safety of any cast member was ever in jeopardy," the Warner Bros. statement obtained by Us continued, likely referencing accusations the show's producers did nothing to prevent or at least stop reckless drunken behavior.
"Production on this season of Bachelor in Paradise will be resuming, and we plan to implement certain changes to the show's policies and procedures to enhance and further ensure the safety and security of all participants."
Bachelor Nation is probably surprised by this big news, as People reported in recent days that Bachelor in Paradise production will remain shut down this year. Some sources had even speculated the show may never air on TV again.
An ABC spokesperson confirmed to Us thatBachelor in Paradise will return this summer with Season 4 as planned.
"We appreciate the swift and complete investigation by Warner Bros. into allegations of misconduct on the set of Bachelor in Paradise," the spokesperson said. "Given their results, the series will resume production, and will air this summer on ABC."
RELATED LINK: 'THE BACHELOR' FRANCHISE COUPLES NOW
Corinne released a statement on June 14 saying she's "a victim" dealing with "physical and emotional trauma" from the incident that occurred while filming Bachelor in Paradise on a night of which she confessed to having "very little memory."
Corinne lawyered up and said that "as a woman," this situation is her "worst nightmare."
However, multiple Bachelor in Paradise sources -- including, most recently, Corinne's good friend and castmate Jasmine Goode -- alleged Corinne was alert and "very with it" while hooking up with DeMario, TMZ reported.
Jasmine told the Daily Mail on the record that Corinne was not a victim, nor was she traumatized or intoxicated enough to claim she was sexually assaulted. Jasmine, in fact, called DeMario a "good guy" as well as a man who is "sweet and not aggressive one bit."
In a statement DeMario released hours after Corinne broke her silence, the bachelor said he doesn't appreciate his character being "assassinated with false claims and malicious allegations."
"I will be taking swift and appropriate legal action until my name is cleared and, per the advice of legal counsel, will be seeking all available remedies entitled to me under the laws," DeMario said in his June 14 media statement.
Bachelor in Paradise was originally scheduled to premiere its new season on Tuesday, August 8 on ABC.