The Will News
Setting a new record for weekend reality TV futility, CBS announced today that it has axed its new The Will reality series after just a single episode broadcast. A Cold Case repeat will air in its place this week, with details on the time period's new regularly scheduled programming to be announced at a later date.
"I’d Bet the Ranch…," our episode summary for the premiere episode of CBS's The Will, written by ARnutz, is now available.
CBS revealed yesterday the identities of the wealthy patriarch and ten potential heirs who will be appearing on The Will, its new reality series that premieres Saturday, January 8 at 8PM ET/PT with a 90-minute episode.
CBS has announced that The Will, a new reality series from Bachelor creator Mike Fleiss, will premiere on Saturday, January 8 at 8PM ET/PT.
CBS has two new reality shows set for debut in January, with competitors in "The Will" striving for an inheritance and those in "Wickedly Perfect" vying to be the next Martha Stewart.
After watching last year's initial broadcast of The Family bomb in the ratings, get pulled from the airwaves, and be burned off as late summer filler programming, it's certainly no surprise that ABC decided to not follow through with its previously announced plans to air The Will, another incredibly similar sounding "an extended family competes for a huge prize" reality show. The only surprise is that for some reason, CBS, which has positioned itself as the "gold standard" of reality programming (The Amazing Race, Big Brother, Survivor), has opted to pick up the Mike Fleiss (The Bachelor) series after ABC (over a year later) decided to pass on it.
Zap2It.com reports that ABC has ordered a new unscripted show called "The Will" from producer Mike Fleiss, the man behind the network's hit "The Bachelor." On the new show, a wealthy (still living) benefactor will offer up his or her estate to family members. But instead of tedious probate-court hearings, the potential heirs will compete for the goods and have the chance to vote others out. Family members and friends who take part in the series will also be put through a series of weekly competitions, in which the players will vie for a shot at some smaller portion of the benefactor's estate -- the BMW or the vacation house.
- Jordan Rodgers: Derek Peth watched every 'The Bachelorette' season and scripted everything he was going to say
- 'The Bachelorette's JoJo Fletcher: I had an anxiety attack in Buenos Aires that only foreshadowed my emotions to come
- 'American Idol' Season 3 contestant John Stevens hit by van and suffered fractured skull
- 'Bachelor in Paradise' producer Mike Fleiss: You'll see multiple engagements on this season!
- 'Coupled' star Michelle Tam split from her child's father again after fairytale reunion on the show
- Natalie Negrotti, 'Big Brother' -- Reality TV Girl Sexy Social Pic of the Day
- Shark Week: Top 5 strangest shark encounters
- Jordan Rodgers reportedly only went on 'The Bachelorette' to be next 'The Bachelor' star, "desperately" wants to be famous
- 'Coupled' recap: Alicia Blanco wins over bachelor Tyler Gattuso, Alexandra "Alex" Clark gets crushed