The Restaurant News
On last night's premiere of the second season of NBC's The Restaurant, viewers learned that success had gone to the head of Chef Rocco DiSpirito, the conceited and apparently philandering celebrity chef featured in the original series. Perhaps the Australians read Rocco correctly when they rejected his personality and the original series. However, what viewers may not know is that Rocco's antagonist in the battle for control of "the restaurant" -- Rocco's on 22nd Street -- is a convicted felon with a long history of pursuing litigation battles.
No wonder reality TV superproducer Mark Burnett decided to feature celebrity chef Rocco DiSpirito in the second season of his hit NBC show The Restaurant, which debuts Monday, April 19 on NBC for a six-episode run through May sweeps. Hot food and spicy lawsuits all in one show: how can it miss?
NBC has announced that the second season of celebrity chef Rocco DiSpirito's The Restaurant series will premiere on Monday, April 19 at 10 PM ET/PT.
While operating a restaurant that appears on national television might be fun for Rocco Dispirito, according to his partners in the "Rocco's 22nd St." restaurant which appears on NBC's The Restaurant reality show, its been disastrous from a financial standpoint -- and chef Rocco is to blame.
Celebrity chef Rocco DiSpirito, the star of NBC's The Restaurant, will apparently be returning for the sequel to the hit summer reality series after all. In a recent wide-ranging interview with Australian's The Melbourne Age newspaper, Mark Burnett, executive producer of the series, announced DiSpirito's return, which was previously considered questionable. "You're hearing it from me now," Burnett told The Age, "Rocco is returning. I haven't actually [previously] told any journalist that."
Rocco might have been so popular during his run on The Restaurant that NBC is still debating whether or not to bring him back for a follow-up sequel, but apparently his personality didn't translate very well down under, as the "nasty" chef's program was pulled from the Australian airwaves after only one episode due to unfavorable viewer reaction.
Is it the concept that makes a hit, or is it the star? In the case of NBC's The Restaurant, the network and the producers disagree -- even though the show has been renewed and a new six-episode season is scheduled to begin as soon as the February 2004 sweeps.
NBC and Bravo have announced that the NBC-owned Bravo network will begin re-airing NBC's "The Restaurant" series of this past summer on Tuesdays at 9 PM ET starting on Tuesday, September 16.
NBC’s “The Restaurant” concluded its summer 2003 run with the evening's #1 rating for any program on any network among adults 18-49.
The New York Post is reporting that NBC is interested in filming a second season of "The Restaurant" with chef Rocco DiSpirito -- and apparently so is Rocco.
- Kaitlyn Bristowe reveals which girls from 'The Bachelor' she'd like to have in her wedding party
- 'The Bachelorette' star Kaitlyn Bristowe: ABC was very upset about Shawn Booth Snapchat pic
- 'The Bachelorette' newly-engaged couple Kaitlyn Bristowe and Shawn Booth -- What's next and where will they live?
- 'So You Think You Can Dance' eliminates Moises Parra and Burim "B1" Jusufi, determines Top 16
- 'The Bachelorette' star Kaitlyn Bristowe gets engaged to Shawn Booth and leaves Nick Viall a runner-up again
- Chris Harrison: Our finger was on the pulse of Bachelor Nation's hook-up scene when casting for 'Bachelor In Paradise'
- 'The Bachelorette' host: Either Nick Viall or Shawn Booth is going to be "truly upset," creating havoc
- 'The Bachelorette' and 'Bachelor Pad' alum Ed Swiderski gets married!
- Chris Harrison: I think we'll leave 'Bachelor in Paradise' with another couple in love