Not with a bang, but a whimper. Full Story
Former The Restaurant star Rocco DiSpirito is gearing up for a return to the kitchen via Rocco to the Rescue, a new A&E reality series scheduled for a June debut.
In a ruling from the bench on July 27, New York state judicial hearing officer Ira Gammerman held that China Grill Management could bar chef Rocco DiSpirito from his namesake restaurant, Rocco's on 22nd Street, and that China Grill was also free to sell or change the format of the eatery.
Reality TV's nastiest legal battle -- the ownership fight between chef Rocco DiSpirito (owner of Spirit Media) and "money man" Jeffrey Chodorow (owner of China Grill Management) over the ownership of Rocco's on 22nd Street, the restaurant featured on NBC's The Restaurant -- moved on to its next round on Monday, as a court hearing began in Manhattan.
Now that Rocco DiSpirito has been temporarily banished from Rocco's on 22nd Street and convicted felon/financier Jeffrey Chodorow has taken over (for now), potential customers know that they won't have the dining experience featured in NBC's The Restaurant. So how can Rocco's on 22nd Street draw a crowd until the lawsuits end?
The cameras may have stopped filming at Rocco's on 22nd, but the battles between the co-founders and co-owners of the eatery, featured on NBC's The Restaurant, rage on nonetheless.
Is this merely admitting a mistake? Or is it appeasing a superstar producer? Or were there other forces at work behind the scenes?
Apparently all is fair in love, war, and television scheduling as far as NBC is concerned.
NBC has discovered that not everything reality TV uber-producer Mark Burnett touches magically turns to gold.
The food at chef Rocco DiSpirito's poor service-plagued "Rocco's on 22nd Street" restaurant might finally be hot, but if the initial ratings are any indication, the NBC show chronicling the establishment's happenings doesn't appear to be, having premiered to only 6.5 million overall viewers on Monday, April 19 at 10PM ET/PT.
On last night's premiere of the second season of NBC's The Restaurant, viewers learned that success had gone to the head of Chef Rocco DiSpirito, the conceited and apparently philandering celebrity chef featured in the original series. Perhaps the Australians read Rocco correctly when they rejected his personality and the original series. However, what viewers may not know is that Rocco's antagonist in the battle for control of "the restaurant" -- Rocco's on 22nd Street -- is a convicted felon with a long history of pursuing litigation battles.
No wonder reality TV superproducer Mark Burnett decided to feature celebrity chef Rocco DiSpirito in the second season of his hit NBC show The Restaurant, which debuts Monday, April 19 on NBC for a six-episode run through May sweeps. Hot food and spicy lawsuits all in one show: how can it miss?
NBC has announced that the second season of celebrity chef Rocco DiSpirito's The Restaurant series will premiere on Monday, April 19 at 10 PM ET/PT.
While operating a restaurant that appears on national television might be fun for Rocco Dispirito, according to his partners in the "Rocco's 22nd St." restaurant which appears on NBC's The Restaurant reality show, its been disastrous from a financial standpoint -- and chef Rocco is to blame.
- 'Survivor: Millennials vs. Gen X's Vinaka tribe votes off Will Wahl and Sunday Burquest
- 'The Bachelor' star Nick Viall's bachelorettes announced by ABC - SEE THE PHOTOS!
- Ali Caldwell on shocking 'The Voice' results: I wasn't expecting the outcome but I showed the world my passion
- 'Dancing with the Stars' pros and their significant others -- Who's dating or married to whom?! (PHOTOS)
- Amanda Stanton and Josh Murray friend reportedly claims they've "broke up"
- Kardashian sisters objecting to Blac Chyna's Angela Renee Kardashian trademark filing
- Kourtney Kardashian and Scott Disick enjoy snowy outing with their kids
- Exclusive: Zeke Smith talks 'Survivor' -- David Wright deflects vote masterfully, no one knew Adam Klein's mom was dying
- 'The Voice' eliminates Ali Caldwell, Christian Cuevas, Brendan Fletcher and Aaron Gibson heading into finale
- Kaitlyn Bristowe and fiance Shawn Booth: We're "in talks" for our own reality show
- Amanda Stanton and Josh Murray: We're "absolutely" hopefully planning a wedding date "soon"
- 'America's Next Top Model' celebrity guests revealed -- to include Amber Rose, Jason Derulo and Zendaya Coleman
- 'The Bachelor' Season 21 details revealed -- What's in store for Nick Viall?!
- Nick Viall: 'The Bachelor' star's hottest and sexiest pics (PHOTOS)
- Kendall Jenner and A$AP Rocky fuel romance rumors in Miami
- Kim Kardashian's family celebrates Saint West's first birthday
- Mariah Carey's new boyfriend Bryan Tanaka speaks out: "I love her so much"
- Gigi Hadid stuns at 2016 Fashion Awards in London (PHOTO)
- 'The Voice' Top 8 semifinalists perform: Sundance Head and Billy Gilman steal the show
- 'The New Celebrity Apprentice' -- More boardroom advisers revealed by NBC
- Farrah Abraham and Amber Portwood 'Teen Mom' reunion fight airs, feud continues on social media
- 'The Victoria's Secret Fashion Show' PHOTOS - See pics of Kendall Jenner, Bella Hadid, Gigi Hadid, Adriana Lima, Irana Shayk, Lily Aldridge, Stella Maxwell, Romee Strijd, Lais Ribeiro and many more!
- JoJo Fletcher: Jordan Rodgers and I talk about our wedding all the time!
- 'The Real Housewives of Orange County' star Meghan King Edmonds shares precious baby photo