The Real World: New York
MTV has announced that this year's edition of the annual The Real World / Road Rules Challenge, entitled The Real World/Road Rules Challenge: The Gauntlet, will premiere Monday, September 29 at 10PM ET. Full Story
The Newport Daily News is reporting that Bunim/Murray Productions has abandoned its second attempt to use a Rhode Island estate for taping of its "Real World/Road Rules Challenge: The Gauntlet" show.
According to the Providence Journal, potential neighbors of Bunim/Murray's new proposed Middletown, Rhode Island "Real World/Road Rules Challenge" mansion location came out in force at yesterday's special Middletown town council meeting, voicing their (in some cases ridiculous) concerns for almost three hours. As a result, the council delayed their decision on giving MTV final approval to film in the ritzy neighborhood until Monday's normally scheduled council session.
MTV still looking to film 'Real World/Road Rules Challenge' in Rhode Island -- now targeting Middletown
Wow, if nothing else, those Bunim/Murray folks sure are persistent... if at first you don't succeed, try, try, again apparently. The Providence Journal is reporting today that after having been rebuffed by the ritzy neighbors of their proposed Newport, Rhode Island mansion, the Bunim/Murray producers now trying to get the necessary approvals to house and film the contestants on the same island as Newport, but in the neighboring town of Middletown (for non-locals, Rhode Island's Aquidneck Island is comprised of three towns, the more famous Newport as well as Middletown and Portsmouth).
The Newport Daily News is reporting that "unresolved zoning issues" (and apparently not neighborhood protests) have forced MTV to pull the plug on their previously announced plans to film the upcoming edition of "The Real World/Road Rules Challenge" in Newport. Newport mayor Richard C. Sardella announced that MTV was pulling out of Newport after Wednesday night's Newport City Council meeting. "Newport is out of the question for this year," Sardella said. "I'm disappointed. I think it's something the city will miss." "We were looking at (Newport) locations probably up to an hour ago," Julie Pizzi, co-executive producer for Bunim-Murray Productions, said about 9PM Wednesday. The show is scheduled to begin shooting its seventh season June 27.
Ritzy Newport neighbors protesting MTV's plans to film 'Real World/Road Rules Challenge' in Newport mansion
Well, perhaps we spoke too soon when we compared the enthusiastic reaction that Newport, Rhode Island mayor Richard C. Sardella expressed upon discovering that MTV and Bunim/Mrray Productions planned to film the latest edition of their "The Real World/Road Rules Challenge" series in Newport with the lawsuit that local Chicago residents filed after discovering the Bumin/Murray planned to film their new sundicated "Starting Over" series in their ritzy Gold coast neighborhood. Apparently the location might be different, but the reaction of the local snobby would-be neighbors remains the same, as the Providence Journal is reporting that Newport neighbors are now mounting opposition to MTV's plans to film one of its popular reality programs at a Bellevue Avenue mansion later this month.
The Providence Journal is reporting that MTV and Bunim/Murray Productions are hoping to film the latest edition of their "The Real World/Road Rules Challenge" series in Newport, Rhode Island starting on June 27th. Filming would last about a month with the series tentatively set to premiere on MTV on September 22nd. As in previous editions, the program would feature 28 former cast members from two MTV programs, "The Real World" and "Road Rules," competing in a series of sports and endurance events. MTV staffers, who are already in Newport, have been scouting out spots for the show's competitions, including Newport Harbor, Fort Adams, and Navy facilities. The winner will take home $300,000.
Can reality TV flourish at the movies? If the first attempt is any indication, the answer is unequivocally "no." Reuters reports that the film The Real Cancun, a spin-off of MTV's hit series The Real World produced by Bunim-Murray Productions, had a dismal box-office opening this past weekend, barely cracking the top 10 despite huge publicity upon the film's release ... fueled by the belief that it would be a hit.
- 'Bachelor in Paradise 2' premiere: Who pairs off, hooks up and goes on dates?
- Bobbi Kristina Brown's funeral interrupted by aunt's shouting
- Maria Menounos is named E! News co-anchor, replacing Giuliana Rancic
- 'Basketball Wives' and 'Marriage Boot Camp' star Tami Roman suffers miscarriage
- Amber Rose: Khloe Kardashian feud over Kylie Jenner went too far
- Paula Deen denies reports of Michael Groover divorce
- Ryan Seacrest's 'Knock Knock Live' canceled by Fox after only two episodes
- Carole Radziwill discusses husband Anthony Radziwill's death
- Ashlee Simpson and husband Evan Ross welcome baby girl
- Rob Kardashian shares shirtless throwback photo
- Kylie Jenner endorses body accentuating cream
- 'Top Gear' stars Jeremy Clarkson, Richard Hammond and James May sign with Amazon for new auto TV series
- Bobby Brown and Cissy Houston attend wake for Bobbi Kristina Brown
- Khloe Kardashian: I think I've lost 35 pounds, I'm addicted to working out
- Former 'The Bachelorette' suitor Kasey Stewart dating actress Hilary Swank?
- Heidi Montag and Spencer Pratt reportedly filming new reality show for WEtv
- 'Bachelor in Paradise' -- Which three stars, including a popular villain, have hinted they'll appear on Season 2?
- 'The Bachelorette' contestant Shawn Evans hit in head with brick thrown by Mickey "Mickey Coco" Rappaport
- Sean Lowe responds to backlash from reputation-damaging 'Celebrity Wife Swap' edit
- Kaitlyn Bristowe blogs "What I Love About Shawn:" We acknowledge each other's imperfections, and yes, I get mad at him
- Caitlyn Jenner playfully tries to speak in best feminine voice for Kim Kardashian
- 'Big Brother' houseguests evict Jason Roy, a sole HoH is crowned
- 'Bachelor in Paradise 2:' Cast members win superlatives like "Sexiest" and "Most Possessive"
- 'The Bachelorette' runner-up Nick Viall: Kaitlyn Bristowe broke the rules by saying "I love you" to me a bunch of times
- The Real World: Brooklyn
- The Real World: Hollywood
- The Real World: Sydney
- The Real World: Key West
- The Real World: Denver
- The Real World: Austin
- The Real World: San Diego
- The Real World: Philadelphia
- The Real World: Paris
- The Real World: Las Vegas
- The Real World: Chicago
- The Real World: Back to New York
- The Real World: New York
- The Real World: New Orleans
- The Real World: Hawaii
- The Real World: Seattle
- The Real World: Boston
- The Real World: Miami
- The Real World: London
- The Real World: San Francisco
- The Real World: Los Angeles