The Joe Schmo Show News
Having had huge success with last fall's parodying of the reality competition show sub-genre, Spike TV's The Joe Schmo Show is coming back to skewer another popular reality show format ripe for parody -- and if a first episode screener provided by the network is any indication, viewers will once again enjoy the ride.
Spike TV has announced that the second season of its hit The Joe Schmo Show reality series will premiere June 15. And this time Joe will be bringing along a girl.
When a newly re-branded network's first take at an original series of its own draws record ratings, you'd pretty much expect that the decision to bring it back for a second season would be an easy decision, but apparently that didn't stop Spike TV from waiting over three months to formally announce that it had ordered a second season of its The Joe Schmo Show series.
The NY Daily News reports that Matt Kennedy Gould, the duped contestant on SpikeTV's The Joe Schmo Show, has signed a development deal with the network. However, under the deal as reported, Matt only has two prospects "under development."
"Dragging It Out," our official summary of the Episode 8 series finale of Spike TV's The Joe Schmo Show, written by dekko, has been posted. Check it out by clicking here.
Despite airing against the season premiere of FOX's 24 real-time serial drama, the two-hour series finale of Spike TV's The Joe Schmo Show drew big ratings on Tuesday night -- at least "big" for the freshly relaunched basic cable network.
In the long-awaited finale to Spike TV's The Joe Schmo Show, Matt Kennedy Gould finally learned that he was the only contestant among a sea of actors ... and, contrary to popular suspicion, Matt had no idea what had just happened to him until all the details were laid out.
After being preempted by last week's The GQ Men of the Year Awards, Spike TV's popular The Joe Schmo Show "fake" reality show will conclude on Tuesday, October 28 at 9PM ET with a two-hour series finale as the gullible (but likeable) Matt Kennedy Gould will finally learn the truth behind the fake Lap of Luxury reality show in which he has been competing.
"Back From the Dead," our official summary of Episode 7 of Spike TV's The Joe Schmo Show, written by AMAI, has been posted. Check it out by clicking here.
Apparently the new Spike TV has been satisfied with the ratings performance of The Joe Schmo Show, because in an interview with the New York Daily News, representatives of the show's Stone-Stanley production company are saying that "talks are underway" with the network about a second season of the show.
- Khloe Kardashian: I think I've lost 35 pounds, I'm addicted to working out
- Former 'The Bachelorette' suitor Kasey Stewart dating actress Hilary Swank?
- Heidi Montag and Spencer Pratt reportedly filming new reality show for WEtv
- 'Bachelor in Paradise' -- Which three stars, including a popular villain, have hinted they'll appear on Season 2?
- 'The Bachelorette' contestant Shawn Evans hit in head with brick thrown by Mickey "Mickey Coco" Rappaport
- Sean Lowe responds to backlash from reputation-damaging 'Celebrity Wife Swap' edit
- Kaitlyn Bristowe blogs "What I Love About Shawn:" We acknowledge each other's imperfections, and yes, I get mad at him
- Caitlyn Jenner playfully tries to speak in best feminine voice for Kim Kardashian
- 'Big Brother' houseguests evict Jason Roy, a sole HoH is crowned