The Joe Schmo Show 1 News
Think Spike TV's "The Joe Schmo Show" can't get any more outrageous and over the top? Think again... Jerri Manthey of "Survivor: Australia" fame, one of reality televisions all-time top villainesses, will guest star on the Tuesday, September 16 episode of "The Joe Schmo Show."
This week’s second episode of Spike TV's "The Joe Schmo Show" on Tuesday, September 9 drew 1.2 million viewers, a 45% increase from the series premiere on the previous Tuesday.
"Of Mom, Butts, and Strange Party Games," our episode summary of Episode 2 of Spike TV's The Joe Schmo Show, written by Bebo, has been posted. Check it out by clicking here.
Fans of "The Joe Schmo Show" will see a familiar face on UPN's new comedy, "The Mullets", which premieres on September 11 at 9:30 ET. David Hornsby, aka "Hutch the Asshole", plays Danny Mullet, the easygoing Wrestlemania-loving son of Loni Anderson. "The Mullets" also stars John O'Hurley ("Seinfeld") as his stepfather.
"The Best-Laid Scams ...," our episode summary of Episode 1 of Spike TV's Joe Schmo, written by Draco Malfoy, has been posted. Check it out by clicking here.
It's the ultimate reality show...yet it isn't real at all. Spike TV, The First Network For Men, and Stone Stanley Entertainment (the producers of ABC's "The Mole" and more) will take the reality show concept to the next level with "The Joe Schmo Show," where only one contestant is real. This next wave in reality programming premieres with a two-hour event on Tuesday, September 2 (9-11 PM ET/PT) and then can be seen in it's regular time slot on Tuesdays (9-10 PM ET/PT).
Spike TV's launch of new 'Joe Schmo' satire of reality series seen as start of a new trend -- the "reality-sitcom"July 28, 2003
The New York Times reports on the rise of a new breed of reality-TV shows: the so-called "reality-sitcom," which is now seen by some producers as the next wave of reality. Three shows are considered to be the leading wave of the genre:
TNN, the soon-to-be "Spike TV" cable channel, has announced it's first reality series. Kinda. Premiering September 7 at 9PM ET, "The Joe Schmo Show' will feature a law-school dropout named Matt Kennedy Gould who thinks he's competing for $100,000 on a "Big Brother"-style reality show called "Lap of Luxury," but is in fact the victim of an elaborate prank designed to torture him. All the other "contestants" (and the "host") are secretly paid actors, and they are all conspiring to make Joe's time on the show miserable.
- Corinne Olympios is so fascinating, insists 'The Bachelor' host -- You will see her differently in a few weeks
- Vanessa Grimaldi and I had magic, says 'The Bachelor' Nick Viall -- I'd be lucky to have her as a partner
- Amber Rose and Val Chmerkovskiy smooch for kiss cam
- Dominique Alexis -- 'The Bachelor' Nick Viall: I couldn't get her off my mind but our spark disappeared
- Kourtney Kardashian spotted out with Justin Bieber again
- Corinne Olympios -- 'The Bachelor' star Nick Viall: I stand by her and her confidence
- 'The New Celebrity Apprentice' star Arnold Schwarzenegger terminates comedian Jon Lovitz
- Coco Austin and daughter Chanel wear matching bikinis
- 'The New Celebrity Apprentice' star Arnold Schwarzenegger fires Kyle Richards