MTV's third season of Sorority Life and second season of its "sister show" (pun intended) Fraternity Life will premiere tonight (September 17) on MTV at 10:00 PM ET and 10:30 PM ET respectively. Full Story
The student newspaper of University Of California at Santa Cruz reports that the university has announced that it has "revoked recognition" of the Delta Omega Chi fraternity over an incident last month that resulted in the death of a campus koi fish. The revocation, which is permanent, means that the campus has severed all ties to the fraternity. Without UCSC affiliation, the fraternity will no longer have access to campus services or facilities.
Two seasons of MTV's show Fraternity Life, two fraternities in trouble with both their universities and the law. The Santa Cruz Sentinel reports that two members of the Delta Omega Chi fraternity at the University of California -- Santa Cruz ("UCSC") have been charged with a pair of misdemeanors for a stunt performed for the MTV cameras. The two allegedly stole a fish from a UCSC reflecting pond on May 20, fried it, and then forced fraternity pledges to eat it,
Zap2It reports that MTV is bringing back "Sorority Life" for a third season and "Fraternity Life" for a second season. Both new seasons have already been shooting and will premiere in September 2003. The new edition of "Sorority Life" will follow the girls of the Zeta Sigma Phi pledge class at the University of Southern California. "Fraternity Life" will focus on the University of California at Santa Cruz chapter of Delta Omega Chi.
Uh ... who had the bright idea to spin off the show about the college guys?
The NY Post reports that MTV's upcoming second season of 'Sorority Life' and its spin-off 'Fraternity Life' reality TV programs will follow adventures of pledge classes from the University of Buffalo's local Greek organizations, Sigma Chi Omega fraternity and Delta Xi Omega sorority. As with the sorority featured during the first season of 'Sorority Life,' neither group is nationally affiliated.
BuffaloNews.com reports that MTV has ordered a second edition of 'Sorority Life' and will be filming it at a University of Buffalo sorority. An addition, a new second series called "Fraternity Life' -- featuring you guessed it, fraternity brothers -- will be filmed on the same campus. An MTV spokeswoman declined to comment, saying final agreements have yet to be signed, however sources say a formal announcement is expected next week.
MTV's latest Real World wanna-be show, 'Sorority Life' premieres Monday, June 24th at 10:30PM. 'Sorority Life' follows a group of University of California - Davis students for 10 weeks as they pledge Sigma Alpha Epsilon Pi, a 4-year-old Jewish sorority that was previously little known on its own campus.
- Sharon Osbourne: I lied about having vaginal rejuvenation surgery
- Exclusive: 'The Amazing Race' winners Jason Case and Amy Diaz talk (Part 2)
- 'The Amazing Race' "Cousins" team member Jamal Zadran talks (Part 1)
- 'So You Think You Can Dance' all-stars Stephen "tWitch" Boss and Allison Holker get married
- Demi Lovato: I couldn't go an hour without cocaine and would smuggle it on planes
- 'The Biggest Loser' eliminates Bob Harper's Blue Team member Bobby Saleem
- 'The Voice' eliminates James Wolpert and Cole Vosbury, determines Top 3 finale artists
- Exclusive: 'The Amazing Race's Nicole Jasper and Travis Jasper talk (Part 1)
- Exclusive: 'The Amazing Race's Timothy Sweeney and Marie "Reebs" Mazzocchi talk (Part 1)
- Adam Shankman checks himself into rehab to seek treatment
- Lamar Odom reaches plea agreement in DUI case, gets probation
- 'Teen Mom 3' canceled by MTV after only one season
- 'Dancing with the Stars' couple Peta Murgatroyd and Brant Daugherty caught making out at charity event
- 'The Voice' artists Tessanne Chin leaves Adam Levine "speechless," Jacquie Lee "won the show" says Christina Aguilera
- Kanye West: I'm so creative; I'm like Disney, Michelangelo, a police officer, and a soldier
- 'The Amazing Race' winners Jason Case and Amy Diaz talk (Part 1)
- 'The Bachelor' couple Sean Lowe and Catherine Giudici enjoy separate bachelor/bachelorette parties after sending out wedding invitations
- 'The Amazing Race' crowns Jason Case and Amy Diaz champions
- 'The Amazing Race' finale to "drain" Racers in most challenging leg ever, producer says
- Susan Boyle reveals she has Asperger's syndrome
- American singer loses 'Arabs Got Talent' to Syrian dance troupe
- Heidi Klum: I'm afraid of plastic surgery
- 'Survivor: Blood vs. Water' eliminee Caleb Bankston talks (Part 2)
- 'The Sound of Music Live' draws huge ratings for NBC, Carrie Underwood very "proud"