Rock Star: Supernova News
A California punk band has filed suit in San Diego federal court claiming the CBS reality competition "Rock Star: Supernova" stole its name.
Tommy Lee, formerly of rock group Motley Crue and currently a member of Supernova, the new band appearing on the second season of CBS's "Rock Star" reality series, is set to appear on the big screen in the Hollywood mob drama "10th & Wolf."
CBS has revealed the identities of the fifteen singers who will compete in Rock Star: Supernova, this summer's new edition of the Mark Burnett-created Rock Star: INXS reality talent competition that the network aired last summer.
The second season of producer Mark Burnett's U.S. reality TV show "Rock Star" is set to kick off with supergroup Supernova.
CBS announced Friday that Rock Star: Supernova, this summer's new edition of the Mark Burnett-created Rock Star: INXS reality talent competition that the network aired last summer, will premiere on Wednesday, July 5 at 8PM ET/PT.
Mark Burnett Productions and MSN have announced that Rock Star's behind-the-scenes episodes, the weekly half-hour broadcasts that ended up airing on CBS' former VH1 sister network for most of the CBS reality show's first season, will "air" exclusively on MSN's Rock Star website when the show returns for its second season later this summer.
Confirming executive producer Mark Burnett's Monday comments, CBS has announced that this summer's second Rock Star edition will look for a lead singer for a new band comprised of former Motley Crüe drummer (and NBC reality show star) Tommy Lee, former Metallica guitarist Jason Newsted, and former Guns N' Roses guitarist Gilby Clarke.
CBS still hasn't announced anything about the identity of the band that will front this summer's second edition of Rock Star, but according to executive producer Mark Burnett, the new season will feature a brand new group comprised of members of existing or defunct bands.
For the second time in less than four months, Van Halen is denying reports that it will be fronting the new upcoming second season of Rock Star, the CBS reality series that found INXS a new lead singer during last summer's first season of the show.
It looks like all those rumors claiming Van Halen was turning to CBS to find a new vocalist may not have been so far off the mark.
- 'The Voice' eliminee Evan McKeel: My sing for survival song was safe but I wouldn't change a thing
- Derek Hough: Winning 'Dancing with the Stars' with Bindi Irwin was so different from my five other victories
- Kylie Jenner confirms to Ellen DeGeneres: People have it all wrong, Tyga and I are still dating
- Khloe Kardashian: I'm doing better and my infection is healing
- Exclusive: 'Survivor Cambodia: Second Chance' castoff Kelly Wiglesworth talks (Part 2)
- 'Dancing with the Stars' longtime judge Len Goodman reveals he'll be back next season
- Jessa Duggar shares new photo of Josh Duggar and Anna Duggar's new daughter
- Carrie Underwood shares photo of gym-time with her son Isaiah
- 'The Voice' coach Pharrell Williams loses another team member Evan McKeel