Pepsi Play for a Billion News
The WB has chosen Drew Carey, star of "The Drew Carey Show" and "Whose Line Is It Anyway?" to host this fall's blockbuster TV special "Pepsi Play for a Billion." Contestants will win a chance to appear on the show, a two-hour special in September, by participating in a summer-long promotion from Pepsi, which is hitting stores nationwide this month.
Confirming our earlier report, The WB Network and Pepsi-Cola North America today announced a partnership for two major summer programming initiatives that will include the development of PLAY FOR A BILLION, a live television special in which a contestant will have the chance to win $1 billion and PEPSI SMASH, a six-week series that will feature performances by today's top musical acts.
Variety is reporting that the WB Network is close to inking a deal with Michael Davies' Diplomatic Productions, the team behind ABC's former hit "Who Wants to Be a Millionaire" to produce a two-hour live special with a whopping $1 billion jackpot--the most prize money offered in television history. According to the reports, Davies, executive producer of ABC's upcoming naughty new series "The Wife Swap," has joined forces with Pepsi to bring the big-bucks game show to the air in September.
- 'The Voice' eliminee Evan McKeel: My sing for survival song was safe but I wouldn't change a thing
- Derek Hough: Winning 'Dancing with the Stars' with Bindi Irwin was so different from my five other victories
- Kylie Jenner confirms to Ellen DeGeneres: People have it all wrong, Tyga and I are still dating
- Khloe Kardashian: I'm doing better and my infection is healing
- Exclusive: 'Survivor Cambodia: Second Chance' castoff Kelly Wiglesworth talks (Part 2)
- 'Dancing with the Stars' longtime judge Len Goodman reveals he'll be back next season
- Jessa Duggar shares new photo of Josh Duggar and Anna Duggar's new daughter
- Carrie Underwood shares photo of gym-time with her son Isaiah
- 'The Voice' coach Pharrell Williams loses another team member Evan McKeel