Pepsi Play for a Billion News
The WB has chosen Drew Carey, star of "The Drew Carey Show" and "Whose Line Is It Anyway?" to host this fall's blockbuster TV special "Pepsi Play for a Billion." Contestants will win a chance to appear on the show, a two-hour special in September, by participating in a summer-long promotion from Pepsi, which is hitting stores nationwide this month.
Confirming our earlier report, The WB Network and Pepsi-Cola North America today announced a partnership for two major summer programming initiatives that will include the development of PLAY FOR A BILLION, a live television special in which a contestant will have the chance to win $1 billion and PEPSI SMASH, a six-week series that will feature performances by today's top musical acts.
Variety is reporting that the WB Network is close to inking a deal with Michael Davies' Diplomatic Productions, the team behind ABC's former hit "Who Wants to Be a Millionaire" to produce a two-hour live special with a whopping $1 billion jackpot--the most prize money offered in television history. According to the reports, Davies, executive producer of ABC's upcoming naughty new series "The Wife Swap," has joined forces with Pepsi to bring the big-bucks game show to the air in September.
- 'America's Next Top Model: Guys & Girls 2' eliminates Shei Phan, leaving only one girl in the Top 4
- 'The Amazing Race' eliminates Tim Tsao and Te Jay McGrath
- Kendall Jenner lands fashion campaign for Karl Lagerfeld
- Leah Messer reveals she's leaving 'Teen Mom 2' after five seasons
- Danica McKellar weds Scott Sveslosky in sunrise ceremony
- '19 Kids & Counting' hit with cancellation petition after Michelle Duggar's anti-gay comment
- Kim Kardashian reportedly considering a surrogate for next pregnancy to maintain in-shape body
- 'Hell's Kitchen' and 'MasterChef Junior' new season premieres announced by Fox
- 'American Idol' to premiere January 7 on Fox with schedule changes throughout Season 14