Pepsi Play for a Billion News
The WB has chosen Drew Carey, star of "The Drew Carey Show" and "Whose Line Is It Anyway?" to host this fall's blockbuster TV special "Pepsi Play for a Billion." Contestants will win a chance to appear on the show, a two-hour special in September, by participating in a summer-long promotion from Pepsi, which is hitting stores nationwide this month.
Confirming our earlier report, The WB Network and Pepsi-Cola North America today announced a partnership for two major summer programming initiatives that will include the development of PLAY FOR A BILLION, a live television special in which a contestant will have the chance to win $1 billion and PEPSI SMASH, a six-week series that will feature performances by today's top musical acts.
Variety is reporting that the WB Network is close to inking a deal with Michael Davies' Diplomatic Productions, the team behind ABC's former hit "Who Wants to Be a Millionaire" to produce a two-hour live special with a whopping $1 billion jackpot--the most prize money offered in television history. According to the reports, Davies, executive producer of ABC's upcoming naughty new series "The Wife Swap," has joined forces with Pepsi to bring the big-bucks game show to the air in September.
- Donald Trump becomes the presumptive Republican presidential nominee
- 'The Voice' recap: Daniel Passino eliminated after battling fellow "Comeback Artist" Nick Hagelin for survival
- Exclusive: 'Survivor: Kaoh Rong' castoff Julia Sokolowski talks (Part 2)
- Gigi Hadid and Zayn Malik make their red carpet debut as couple
- Jenelle Evans: No, I'm not engaged or pregnant -- just happy and eating a lot more
- 'Dancing with the Stars' pro Witney Carson handicaps remaining competition following Von Miller elimination
- David Hasselhoff gets engaged to longtime girlfriend Hayley Roberts
- Kim Fields "stunned" by 'Dancing with the Stars' elimination: I was thinking "Wait a minute!"
- 'Catfish' participant Ashley Sawyer dies at age 23 after recently battling addiction