Pepsi Play for a Billion News
The WB has chosen Drew Carey, star of "The Drew Carey Show" and "Whose Line Is It Anyway?" to host this fall's blockbuster TV special "Pepsi Play for a Billion." Contestants will win a chance to appear on the show, a two-hour special in September, by participating in a summer-long promotion from Pepsi, which is hitting stores nationwide this month.
Confirming our earlier report, The WB Network and Pepsi-Cola North America today announced a partnership for two major summer programming initiatives that will include the development of PLAY FOR A BILLION, a live television special in which a contestant will have the chance to win $1 billion and PEPSI SMASH, a six-week series that will feature performances by today's top musical acts.
Variety is reporting that the WB Network is close to inking a deal with Michael Davies' Diplomatic Productions, the team behind ABC's former hit "Who Wants to Be a Millionaire" to produce a two-hour live special with a whopping $1 billion jackpot--the most prize money offered in television history. According to the reports, Davies, executive producer of ABC's upcoming naughty new series "The Wife Swap," has joined forces with Pepsi to bring the big-bucks game show to the air in September.
- Kris Jenner cleans up Bruce Jenner rumors on his feminine looks and allegedly dating her best friend
- 'Dancing with the Stars' contestant Janel Parrish "really bummed"
- 'America's Next Top Model' eliminates Denzel Wells
- 'The Amazing Race' Racers Misti Raman and husband Jim Raman survive non-elimination leg
- Joanne Borgella, former 'American Idol' contestant, dead at age 32 from cancer
- Bruce Jenner reportedly dating Kris Jenner's best friend Ronda Kamihira
- Exclusive: 'The Amazing Race' eliminees Michael Ward and Scott Strazzullo talk (Part 2)
- 'The Biggest Loser' eliminates Mike Murburg and Gina Haddon falls below the red line