Pepsi Play for a Billion News
The WB has chosen Drew Carey, star of "The Drew Carey Show" and "Whose Line Is It Anyway?" to host this fall's blockbuster TV special "Pepsi Play for a Billion." Contestants will win a chance to appear on the show, a two-hour special in September, by participating in a summer-long promotion from Pepsi, which is hitting stores nationwide this month.
Confirming our earlier report, The WB Network and Pepsi-Cola North America today announced a partnership for two major summer programming initiatives that will include the development of PLAY FOR A BILLION, a live television special in which a contestant will have the chance to win $1 billion and PEPSI SMASH, a six-week series that will feature performances by today's top musical acts.
Variety is reporting that the WB Network is close to inking a deal with Michael Davies' Diplomatic Productions, the team behind ABC's former hit "Who Wants to Be a Millionaire" to produce a two-hour live special with a whopping $1 billion jackpot--the most prize money offered in television history. According to the reports, Davies, executive producer of ABC's upcoming naughty new series "The Wife Swap," has joined forces with Pepsi to bring the big-bucks game show to the air in September.
- Jessa Duggar talks having tons of kids with husband Ben Seewald and returning to reality TV
- Kim Zolciak rumored to appear on 'Dancing with the Stars' next season
- Kylie Jenner stars in boyfriend Tyga's new "Stimulated" music video
- Amy Purdy and Daniel Gale get married
- Hulk Hogan asks for forgiveness following racial slur scandal
- 'Dancing with the Stars' announces Andy Grammer as new cast member
- President Barack Obama to star on 'Running Wild with Bear Grylls!'
- 'Big Brother' HoH Vanessa Rousso nominates Meg Maley and James Huling for eviction
- Judge Joe Brown to serve 5-day jail sentence for contempt of court