Pepsi Play for a Billion News
The WB has chosen Drew Carey, star of "The Drew Carey Show" and "Whose Line Is It Anyway?" to host this fall's blockbuster TV special "Pepsi Play for a Billion." Contestants will win a chance to appear on the show, a two-hour special in September, by participating in a summer-long promotion from Pepsi, which is hitting stores nationwide this month.
Confirming our earlier report, The WB Network and Pepsi-Cola North America today announced a partnership for two major summer programming initiatives that will include the development of PLAY FOR A BILLION, a live television special in which a contestant will have the chance to win $1 billion and PEPSI SMASH, a six-week series that will feature performances by today's top musical acts.
Variety is reporting that the WB Network is close to inking a deal with Michael Davies' Diplomatic Productions, the team behind ABC's former hit "Who Wants to Be a Millionaire" to produce a two-hour live special with a whopping $1 billion jackpot--the most prize money offered in television history. According to the reports, Davies, executive producer of ABC's upcoming naughty new series "The Wife Swap," has joined forces with Pepsi to bring the big-bucks game show to the air in September.
- 'The Voice' to feature the return of Christina Aguilera as Season 10 coach
- Nick Gordon may reportedly face murder charges as secret grand jury convenes
- Allison Holker and husband Stephen "tWitch" Boss expecting first child together
- Kylie Jenner: I wish Caitlyn Jenner could've attended my graduation party but I "respected" my mom's decision
- Kris Jenner: Caitlyn Jenner and I have "moved past" 'Vanity Fair' spat
- 'The Voice' coaches complete Season 9 teams with conclusion of "Blind Auditions"
- Simon Cowell apologizes for outburst on U.K.'s 'The X Factor'
- 'Dancing with the Stars' sends Gary Busey and pro partner Anna Trebunskaya packing after "Most Memorable Year" dance
- 'Dancing With the Stars' professional dancer Allison Holker announces pregnancy