Pepsi Play for a Billion News
The WB has chosen Drew Carey, star of "The Drew Carey Show" and "Whose Line Is It Anyway?" to host this fall's blockbuster TV special "Pepsi Play for a Billion." Contestants will win a chance to appear on the show, a two-hour special in September, by participating in a summer-long promotion from Pepsi, which is hitting stores nationwide this month.
Confirming our earlier report, The WB Network and Pepsi-Cola North America today announced a partnership for two major summer programming initiatives that will include the development of PLAY FOR A BILLION, a live television special in which a contestant will have the chance to win $1 billion and PEPSI SMASH, a six-week series that will feature performances by today's top musical acts.
Variety is reporting that the WB Network is close to inking a deal with Michael Davies' Diplomatic Productions, the team behind ABC's former hit "Who Wants to Be a Millionaire" to produce a two-hour live special with a whopping $1 billion jackpot--the most prize money offered in television history. According to the reports, Davies, executive producer of ABC's upcoming naughty new series "The Wife Swap," has joined forces with Pepsi to bring the big-bucks game show to the air in September.
- Exclusive: Debbie Wanner talks 'Survivor' -- It's funny how men are called confident but women are cocky
- Gwen Stefani ruptures her eardrum, cancels Las Vegas show
- Troy Ramey talks 'The Voice': Gwen Stefani and I didn't agree on everything
- 'Fixer Upper' star Chip Gaines slapped sued by former Magnolia Realty business partners
- Kristin Cavallari and Jay Cutler moving from Chicago to Nashville
- Chris Soules' new legal team releases lengthy statement, asks public not to "prejudge" case
- 'The Amazing Race' ousts Vanck Zhu and Ashton Theiss after opposing teams agree on Double U-Turn plan
- 'The Bachelor' couples now: Whom did 'The Bachelor' stars and their final picks ultimately end up with?! (PHOTOS)
- Scott Disick: I proposed to Kourtney Kardashian