Married By America News
Fox TV stations fined for indecency over 'Married By America' broadcast
The battle over indecency on the airwaves has now spread to reality TV -- and it looks like a 2003 Fox program has become the test case.
The Herald Sun reports that WRAZ-50, the local FOX affiliate in Raleigh, NC announced on Monday that it will no longer air FOX's "Married In America" reality TV show. Station managers said the show "demeans and exploits the institution of marriage." The program follows singles Jennifer Jaynes, Jill Marie Nicolini, Matt Arden, Billie Jeanne Houle and Stephen Savona as they let American TV viewers choose their fiancés and fiancées.
What, you mean you have to actually BE SINGLE to be able to appear on FOX's "Married By America" as a suitor who's willing to get married?? Who'd a thunk it -- apparently not the female suitor identified only as "Denise L." The NY Post reports that "Denise L.", a "suitor" on the program, has turned out to married but separated from her husband, thus breaking the show's rules of eligibility. Not that a formal divorce would help matters, since according to the rules all suitors must be single and never married.
Variety reports that viewers weren't exactly ecstatic for the "Married By America" series opener. The two-hour premiere netted a third-place 4.1 rating/10 share in the coveted adults 18-49 demographic.
FOX has released the names and photos of the twenty five suitors who will be hoping to get selected by America to marry the five "Married By America" singles appearing upon the reality series. There are ten women and fifteen men to match the two male and three female singles who've agreed to get married.
FOX has revealed the identities and photos for five of the singles who will be appearing on their upcoming "Married In America" arranged marriage reality series. The series will premiere Monday, March 3rd at 8:00PM ET followed by a one-hour episode on Wednesday, March 5th at 9:00PM ET.
FOX has announced that "Married By America" their new, unscripted reality series from the creators of the hit series “Joe Millionaire,” will launch with a three-hour premiere over two nights. The first two hours will air on Monday, March 3 (8:00-10:00 PM ET/PT) followed by a one-hour episode on Wednesday, March 5 (9:00-10:00 PM ET/PT). One-hour episodes will begin airing in their regular Monday (9:00-10:00 PM ET/PT) time period on March 10 - the night the series’ couples meet for the very first time and get engaged.
Are you single and tired of the dating scene? Do you dread another Saturday night as “the third wheel?” Do you believe that your Mr. or Mrs. Right is out there somewhere, but you just haven’t found him or her yet? Find out who is willing to take a once-in-a-lifetime chance to change their future and meet the person of their dreams on MARRIED BY AMERICA, the new, unscripted reality series from the creators of the hit series “Joe Millionaire,” premiering Monday, March 10 (8:00-10:00 PM ET/PT) on FOX.
Varieety reports that FOX is developing "Married by America," a weekly reality series that will search for folks hungry to get hitched -- and then set them up with arranged marriages. The American viewing public will play matchmaker, voting on which couples will get engaged.
- 'American Idol' eliminee Malaya Watson: I was really hesitant to do the show
- 'Chrisley Knows Best' renewed for second season by USA Network
- 'Dancing with the Stars' eliminee Cody Simpson: I have mixed feelings, I had no clue I'd be going home
- Exclusive: John Erck and Jessica Hoel talk 'The Amazing Race: All-Stars' (Part 1)
- 'Southern Charm' stars Kathryn Dennis and Thomas Ravenel reportedly have baby girl
- 'Dancing with the Stars' eliminates Cody Simpson and professional partner Witney Carson on 'Disney Night'
- 'The Voice' coaches Shakira and Adam Levine determine their three-person teams, four artists get eliminated
- 'Dancing with the Stars' pro Peta Murgatroyd: James Maslow and I have amazing chemistry, it feels so good to be back with him!
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West reportedly tour Chateau de Louveciennes as possible wedding location