Liza & David
Even his friends called him "very litigious". On Tuesday, David Gest lived up to his image. Gest, 50, filed suit against his estranged (and soon-to-be-ex) wife Liza Minnelli, 57, claiming that she regularly beat him during their 16-month marriage and asking for $10 million in damages. Full Story
PR Newswire reports that Viacom, the parent of cable network VH1, and Liza Minnelli's soon-to-be-ex husband David Gest have settled their legal battles over the failed Liza & David reality series starring the ex-couple.
The Chicago Sun Times reports that Liza Minnelli's marriage to producer-manager David Gest has apparently come to an end, as the couple have legally separated. As a result, the couple's lawsuit against VH1 over their failed reality series may also come to an end, now that the "very litigious" Gest will be removed from the equation.
Liza Minnelli could soon be recording an old George Harrison song: "Sue Me, Sue You Blues."
Reuters reports that Liza Minnelli and her husband, producer David Gest, have filed suit in New York state court against VH1 and MTV Networks, units of Viacom Inc., as well as Viacom itself, seeking more than $10 million in damages for VH1's October cancellation of their "Liza & David" reality TV show.
Zap2It.com reports that Liza Minnelli and husband David Gest have already gone on the public-relations offensive against VH1 over the cancellation of a planned reality show about their lives, now it appears the couple is ready for a legal battle as well. Minnelli and Gest announced they have hired attorney Michael Sherman -- who recently (unsuccessfully) defended Michael Skakel in the Kennedy relative's murder trial -- to seek "appropriate remedies" in their dispute with VH1, the AP reports. What such remedies are, at this point, remains unclear.
Reuters reports that cable music network VH1 said on Wednesday that it has pulled the plug on a planned reality series featuring Minnelli and her new husband, producer David Gest.
Variety reports that singer Liza Minnelli and husband, producer David Gest will enter the "reality" TV craze with a show called "Liza and David." The show, which being called the first "weekly musical reality series" for VH1, will begin airing as a weekly series in October. VH1 has ordered 10 episodes.
- Courtney Harrell on 'The Voice:' I wish I showed more of my artistry -- my heart wasn't in the songs I sang
- Jim Bob Duggar and Michelle Duggar granted permanent custody of 8-year-old nephew Tyler Hutchins
- 'Big Brother: Over the Top' crowns Morgan Willett winner over veteran runner-up Jason Roy
- Courtney Harrell talks 'The Voice' elimination: I saw it coming, I was not my best self and it's a numbers game
- Chip Gaines and Joanna Gaines anti-gay controversy -- Church pastor and 'Fixer Upper' network respond to accusations
- Jessa Duggar compares baby bump at 31 weeks from both pregnancies (PHOTO)
- Kourtney Kardashian and Scott Disick reportedly officially back together again
- Blake Shelton on dating Gwen Stefani: "It's been good for me"
- Exclusive: Zeke Smith talks 'Survivor' -- "I don't think anyone needed convincing I was the biggest threat"
- Jade Roper calls herself "disgusting," Tanner Tolbert reveals fear of "getting a divorce" on 'Marriage Boot Camp'
- 'Dancing with the Stars' pros and their significant others -- Who's dating or married to whom?! (PHOTOS)
- Austin Allsup: I honestly didn't want to win 'The Voice'
- 'The Victoria's Secret Fashion Show' PHOTOS - See Kendall Jenner, Gigi Hadid, Bella Hadid and the other models!
- 'Marriage Boot Camp: Reality Stars' Season 7 cast announced -- will include 'The Bachelorette's Ashley Hebert and JP Rosenbaum
- 'Survivor: Millennials vs. Gen X's merged Vinaka tribe votes out Zeke Smith
- 'Vanderpump Rules' star Scheana Shay files for divorce from Mike Shay
- Kendall Jenner, Bella Hadid and Gigi Hadid wow in Victoria's Secret Fashion Show
- Jessa Duggar shares Instagram video of baby No. 2 moving in her belly
- Kanye West reportedly released from hospital, will continue to receive treatment
- 'Survivor' premiere date for Season 34 revealed by CBS
- Ben Higgins and Lauren Bushnell discuss 'Happily Ever After?' renewal
- Gigi Hadid and Bella Hadid dress as angels in throwback photo
- 'The Amazing Race' Season 29 premiere date announced by CBS
- Kanye West and Kim Kardashian reportedly "fighting" before hospitalization, entire Kardashian clan upset at him