Liza & David
Even his friends called him "very litigious". On Tuesday, David Gest lived up to his image. Gest, 50, filed suit against his estranged (and soon-to-be-ex) wife Liza Minnelli, 57, claiming that she regularly beat him during their 16-month marriage and asking for $10 million in damages. Full Story
PR Newswire reports that Viacom, the parent of cable network VH1, and Liza Minnelli's soon-to-be-ex husband David Gest have settled their legal battles over the failed Liza & David reality series starring the ex-couple.
The Chicago Sun Times reports that Liza Minnelli's marriage to producer-manager David Gest has apparently come to an end, as the couple have legally separated. As a result, the couple's lawsuit against VH1 over their failed reality series may also come to an end, now that the "very litigious" Gest will be removed from the equation.
Liza Minnelli could soon be recording an old George Harrison song: "Sue Me, Sue You Blues."
Reuters reports that Liza Minnelli and her husband, producer David Gest, have filed suit in New York state court against VH1 and MTV Networks, units of Viacom Inc., as well as Viacom itself, seeking more than $10 million in damages for VH1's October cancellation of their "Liza & David" reality TV show.
Zap2It.com reports that Liza Minnelli and husband David Gest have already gone on the public-relations offensive against VH1 over the cancellation of a planned reality show about their lives, now it appears the couple is ready for a legal battle as well. Minnelli and Gest announced they have hired attorney Michael Sherman -- who recently (unsuccessfully) defended Michael Skakel in the Kennedy relative's murder trial -- to seek "appropriate remedies" in their dispute with VH1, the AP reports. What such remedies are, at this point, remains unclear.
Reuters reports that cable music network VH1 said on Wednesday that it has pulled the plug on a planned reality series featuring Minnelli and her new husband, producer David Gest.
Variety reports that singer Liza Minnelli and husband, producer David Gest will enter the "reality" TV craze with a show called "Liza and David." The show, which being called the first "weekly musical reality series" for VH1, will begin airing as a weekly series in October. VH1 has ordered 10 episodes.
- Tyga hints at reunion with Kylie Jenner -- "They always come back"
- Kim Kardashian posts new photo of "twin" son Saint West
- Jon Gosselin: My relationship with Kate Gosselin and our kids is "bad right now"
- 'Big Brother' evicts Glenn Garcia, crowns Nicole Franzel, and nominates Jozea Flores and Paulie Calafiore for eviction
- Wells Adams -- 11 things to know about 'The Bachelorette' bachelor
- Victor Arroyo, 'Big Brother' -- Reality TV Guy Sexy Social Pic of the Day
- Kylie Jenner makes appearance kissing PartyNextDoor in his new video
- Jordan Rodgers releases explanation for being caught with active dating app profile
- Blac Chyna: Rob Kardashian will be a "loving" dad
- 'Big Brother' premiere reveals three twists -- including returns of Nicole Franzel, James Huling, Da'Vonne Rogers and Frank Eudy
- 'The Bachelorette' host Chris Harrison on Chad Rookstool and JoJo Fletcher controversy
- Alex Clark, 'Coupled' -- Reality TV Girl Sexy Social Pic of the Day
- Corey Brooks, 'Big Brother' -- Reality TV Guy Sexy Social Pic of the Day
- 'The Bachelorette' star JoJo Fletcher: When Robby Hayes told me that he loved me, I was stunned
- Ben Higgins and Lauren Bushnell to star in 'The Bachelor' spinoff 'Ben and Lauren: Happily Ever After' on Freeform
- 'Big Brother' 18 to feature twists, new weekly challenge and all-new house decor
- Bethenny Frankel reveals health scare, says fibroids may have caused her miscarriage
- Claudia Jordan backtracks on confirmation that Jamie Foxx and Katie Holmes are dating
- 'Survivor: Millennials vs Gen X' premiere date revealed by CBS
- 'America's Got Talent' cancer survivor Calysta "Caly" Bevier earns "Golden Buzzer" from Simon Cowell -- VIDEO
- 'Coupled' recap: Michelle Tam, Javier Finlay and Taylor Hart leave the show after failing to find a love match
- Daniel Maguire, 'The Bachelorette' -- Reality TV Guy Sexy Social Pic of the Day
- Allison Holker, 'Dancing with the Stars' and 'So You Think You Can Dance' -- Reality TV Girl Sexy Social Pic of the Day
- Jordan Rodgers earned my respect and our connection went beyond physical, says 'The Bachelorette' JoJo Fletcher