Liza & David
Even his friends called him "very litigious". On Tuesday, David Gest lived up to his image. Gest, 50, filed suit against his estranged (and soon-to-be-ex) wife Liza Minnelli, 57, claiming that she regularly beat him during their 16-month marriage and asking for $10 million in damages. Full Story
PR Newswire reports that Viacom, the parent of cable network VH1, and Liza Minnelli's soon-to-be-ex husband David Gest have settled their legal battles over the failed Liza & David reality series starring the ex-couple.
The Chicago Sun Times reports that Liza Minnelli's marriage to producer-manager David Gest has apparently come to an end, as the couple have legally separated. As a result, the couple's lawsuit against VH1 over their failed reality series may also come to an end, now that the "very litigious" Gest will be removed from the equation.
Liza Minnelli could soon be recording an old George Harrison song: "Sue Me, Sue You Blues."
Reuters reports that Liza Minnelli and her husband, producer David Gest, have filed suit in New York state court against VH1 and MTV Networks, units of Viacom Inc., as well as Viacom itself, seeking more than $10 million in damages for VH1's October cancellation of their "Liza & David" reality TV show.
Zap2It.com reports that Liza Minnelli and husband David Gest have already gone on the public-relations offensive against VH1 over the cancellation of a planned reality show about their lives, now it appears the couple is ready for a legal battle as well. Minnelli and Gest announced they have hired attorney Michael Sherman -- who recently (unsuccessfully) defended Michael Skakel in the Kennedy relative's murder trial -- to seek "appropriate remedies" in their dispute with VH1, the AP reports. What such remedies are, at this point, remains unclear.
Reuters reports that cable music network VH1 said on Wednesday that it has pulled the plug on a planned reality series featuring Minnelli and her new husband, producer David Gest.
Variety reports that singer Liza Minnelli and husband, producer David Gest will enter the "reality" TV craze with a show called "Liza and David." The show, which being called the first "weekly musical reality series" for VH1, will begin airing as a weekly series in October. VH1 has ordered 10 episodes.
- Kris Jenner fights with Kim Kardashian -- You were married for 72 days, that's f-cked up sh-t!
- Parent company of 'American Idol's production company files for bankruptcy
- Kendall Jenner and Kylie Jenner launching swimwear line
- Drew Barrymore to narrate NBC's new 'First Dates' reality dating series
- Alec Baldwin to host ABC's 'Match Game' revival
- Caitlyn Jenner takes Donald Trump up on Trump Tower women's restroom offer
- Scott Disick spotted with Australian blonde model Megan Blake Irwin, sparks dating rumors
- 'Survivor: Kaoh Rong' recap: Julia Sokolowski voted out after Michele Fitzgerald betrays her
- Kim Kardashian reportedly behind Kylie Jenner and Blac Chyna reconciliation
- Rebecca Romijn: Kendall Jenner and Gigi Hadid aren't true supermodels
- 'Dancing with the Stars' pro Derek Hough joins NBC cast of 'Hairspray Live!' musical
- Bravo renews eleven reality shows, including 'The Real Housewives of Orange County,' 'Manzo'd with Children,' 'Flipping Out,' 'Don't Be Tardy'
- 'Dancing with the Stars' pro Keo Motsepe: I'm faced with two obstacles when working with Jodie Sweetin
- Ivanka Trump shares family portrait with baby son Theodore
- Exclusive: 'Survivor: Kaoh Rong' castoff Scot Pollard talks (Part 2)
- 'The Bachelorette' couple Desiree Hartsock and husband Chris Siegfried expecting first child!
- Kim Kardashian meets with Blac Chyna for brunch in Beverly Hills with Rob Kardashian
- 'Growing Up Hip Hop' star Angela Simmons announces engagement to secret boyfriend
- 'The Voice' eliminates Owen Danoff after America saves Daniel Passino
- 'Dancing with the Stars' pro Keo Motsepe talks Jodie Sweetin's injuries -- I felt tested and asked "What is going on?!"
- Chyna's brain being donated to research involving effects of concussions
- 'Survivor' castaways, 'Big Brother' houseguests and 'The Amazing Race' racers to appear on 'The Price is Right' revealed!