Liza & David
Even his friends called him "very litigious". On Tuesday, David Gest lived up to his image. Gest, 50, filed suit against his estranged (and soon-to-be-ex) wife Liza Minnelli, 57, claiming that she regularly beat him during their 16-month marriage and asking for $10 million in damages. Full Story
PR Newswire reports that Viacom, the parent of cable network VH1, and Liza Minnelli's soon-to-be-ex husband David Gest have settled their legal battles over the failed Liza & David reality series starring the ex-couple.
The Chicago Sun Times reports that Liza Minnelli's marriage to producer-manager David Gest has apparently come to an end, as the couple have legally separated. As a result, the couple's lawsuit against VH1 over their failed reality series may also come to an end, now that the "very litigious" Gest will be removed from the equation.
Liza Minnelli could soon be recording an old George Harrison song: "Sue Me, Sue You Blues."
Reuters reports that Liza Minnelli and her husband, producer David Gest, have filed suit in New York state court against VH1 and MTV Networks, units of Viacom Inc., as well as Viacom itself, seeking more than $10 million in damages for VH1's October cancellation of their "Liza & David" reality TV show.
Zap2It.com reports that Liza Minnelli and husband David Gest have already gone on the public-relations offensive against VH1 over the cancellation of a planned reality show about their lives, now it appears the couple is ready for a legal battle as well. Minnelli and Gest announced they have hired attorney Michael Sherman -- who recently (unsuccessfully) defended Michael Skakel in the Kennedy relative's murder trial -- to seek "appropriate remedies" in their dispute with VH1, the AP reports. What such remedies are, at this point, remains unclear.
Reuters reports that cable music network VH1 said on Wednesday that it has pulled the plug on a planned reality series featuring Minnelli and her new husband, producer David Gest.
Variety reports that singer Liza Minnelli and husband, producer David Gest will enter the "reality" TV craze with a show called "Liza and David." The show, which being called the first "weekly musical reality series" for VH1, will begin airing as a weekly series in October. VH1 has ordered 10 episodes.
- 'American Idol' champion Candice Glover: I had no idea what was going to happen!
- Mariah Carey denies lip-syncing during 'American Idol' finale
- Christina Aguilera and Cee Lo Green's 'The Voice' returns and Shakira and Usher's departures/returns confirmed by NBC
- Edward "Eddie" Fox talks about'Survivor: Caramoan -- Fans vs. Favorites'
- 'American Idol' runner-up Kree Harrison: I still feel like I'm a winner despite losing
- Candice Glover debut album to be released July 16 and titled 'Music Speaks'
- VIDEO: Listen to Angie Miller's 'You Set Me Free' released single
- Candice Glover: My confidence got me through 'American Idol' this time, I did what I wanted
- Kim Kardashian reportedly planning to take newborn baby on tour with Kanye West
- Kree Harrison: I still want my single to be "All Cried Out" even though I lost 'American Idol'
- 'American Idol' crowns Candice Glover twelfth-season champ over Kree Harrison
- Shakira and Usher reportedly returning for next spring's 'The Voice' season
- Erik Reichenbach talks about 'Survivor: Caramoan -- Fans vs. Favorites'
- Jennifer Hudson's 'Winnie Mandela' film to be released this fall
- 'The Bachelorette' star Desiree Hartsock: There's a lot of guy drama, and you'll see my brother again
- Keith Urban: I would like to return as a judge for 'American Idol's thirteenth season
- Sherri Biethman talks about 'Survivor: Caramoan -- Fans vs. Favorites'
- 'The Voice' host Carson Daly confirms Christina Aguilera returning as coach
- 'American Idol' finalists Candice Glover and Kree Harrison vie for twelfth-season title
- Jennifer Lopez: "I don't know" whether I'll return to 'American Idol' as a judge
- Nicki Minaj reportedly definitely not returning as 'American Idol' judge
- 'The Bachelorette' star Desiree Hartsock: It was incredibly emotional and really surprising
- Angie Miller: "I didn't want to dwell on how sad I was" about my 'American Idol' ouster
- 'Survivor: Blood vs. Water's format twist confirmed by CBS