Liza & David
Even his friends called him "very litigious". On Tuesday, David Gest lived up to his image. Gest, 50, filed suit against his estranged (and soon-to-be-ex) wife Liza Minnelli, 57, claiming that she regularly beat him during their 16-month marriage and asking for $10 million in damages. Full Story
PR Newswire reports that Viacom, the parent of cable network VH1, and Liza Minnelli's soon-to-be-ex husband David Gest have settled their legal battles over the failed Liza & David reality series starring the ex-couple.
The Chicago Sun Times reports that Liza Minnelli's marriage to producer-manager David Gest has apparently come to an end, as the couple have legally separated. As a result, the couple's lawsuit against VH1 over their failed reality series may also come to an end, now that the "very litigious" Gest will be removed from the equation.
Liza Minnelli could soon be recording an old George Harrison song: "Sue Me, Sue You Blues."
Reuters reports that Liza Minnelli and her husband, producer David Gest, have filed suit in New York state court against VH1 and MTV Networks, units of Viacom Inc., as well as Viacom itself, seeking more than $10 million in damages for VH1's October cancellation of their "Liza & David" reality TV show.
Zap2It.com reports that Liza Minnelli and husband David Gest have already gone on the public-relations offensive against VH1 over the cancellation of a planned reality show about their lives, now it appears the couple is ready for a legal battle as well. Minnelli and Gest announced they have hired attorney Michael Sherman -- who recently (unsuccessfully) defended Michael Skakel in the Kennedy relative's murder trial -- to seek "appropriate remedies" in their dispute with VH1, the AP reports. What such remedies are, at this point, remains unclear.
Reuters reports that cable music network VH1 said on Wednesday that it has pulled the plug on a planned reality series featuring Minnelli and her new husband, producer David Gest.
Variety reports that singer Liza Minnelli and husband, producer David Gest will enter the "reality" TV craze with a show called "Liza and David." The show, which being called the first "weekly musical reality series" for VH1, will begin airing as a weekly series in October. VH1 has ordered 10 episodes.
- Alfonso Ribeiro on 'Dancing with the Stars' triumph: I was kind of in shock and almost fell to my knees
- Teresa Giudice planning to file for divorce from husband Joe Giudice after prison sentence, says source
- Anna 'Chickadee' Cardwell won't spend Thanksgiving with Honey Boo Boo and the family
- Kim Kardashian's representative denies Kanye West breakup rumors
- Fifth Harmony member Camila Cabello and Austin Mahone split
- Kendall Jenner slammed by model Arisce Wanzer
- Tori Spelling confirms husband Dean McDermott is done with 'True Tori,' but is she?
- Teresa Giudice reportedly lands deal with Bravo to host cooking show after prison release
- 'Dancing with the Stars' couple Janel Parrish and Val Chmerkovskiy continue dodging dating questions
- Jordin Sparks appears to bash ex-boyfriend Jason Derulo in new mixtape
- 'The Voice' eliminates Reagan James and Anita Antoinette, America saves Ryan Sill again
- 'Dancing with the Stars' crowns Alfonso Ribeiro and partner Witney Carson new champions
- 'Dancing with the Stars' pro Derek Hough: Bethany Mota and I hid things from the show's cameras
- Kathy Griffin: Joan Rivers and I had discussed having me join 'Fashion Police'
- Val Chmerkovskiy sends Janel Parrish emotional "love you" message before 'Dancing with the Stars' finale
- Leah Messer reportedly "scarred" from 'Teen Mom 2' and therefore quitting
- Janel Parrish on 'Dancing with the Stars' finale: I think Alfonso Ribeiro is the one to beat
- Jenny McCarthy and Donnie Wahlberg: Our 'Donnie Loves Jenny' reality show won't break us up!
- Exclusive: 'Survivor: San Juan del Sur -- Blood vs. Water' eliminee Jeremy Collins talks (Part 2)
- Kendra Wilkinson: I didn't know sex was involved when I moved into the 'Playboy' mansion with Hugh Hefner
- TV station apologizes for 'Dancing With the Stars' tweet during Ferguson decision
- 'The Voice' Top 10 artists mentored by Diana Ross, Clive Davis, Patrick Stump, Colbie Caillat, and Christina Aguilera
- 'Dancing with the Stars' cuts Bethany Mota and Derek Hough as Alfonso Ribeiro and Witney Carson earn perfect total score
- Exclusive: 'The Amazing Race' eliminee Te Jay McGrath talks (Part 1)