Liza & David
Even his friends called him "very litigious". On Tuesday, David Gest lived up to his image. Gest, 50, filed suit against his estranged (and soon-to-be-ex) wife Liza Minnelli, 57, claiming that she regularly beat him during their 16-month marriage and asking for $10 million in damages. Full Story
PR Newswire reports that Viacom, the parent of cable network VH1, and Liza Minnelli's soon-to-be-ex husband David Gest have settled their legal battles over the failed Liza & David reality series starring the ex-couple.
The Chicago Sun Times reports that Liza Minnelli's marriage to producer-manager David Gest has apparently come to an end, as the couple have legally separated. As a result, the couple's lawsuit against VH1 over their failed reality series may also come to an end, now that the "very litigious" Gest will be removed from the equation.
Liza Minnelli could soon be recording an old George Harrison song: "Sue Me, Sue You Blues."
Reuters reports that Liza Minnelli and her husband, producer David Gest, have filed suit in New York state court against VH1 and MTV Networks, units of Viacom Inc., as well as Viacom itself, seeking more than $10 million in damages for VH1's October cancellation of their "Liza & David" reality TV show.
Zap2It.com reports that Liza Minnelli and husband David Gest have already gone on the public-relations offensive against VH1 over the cancellation of a planned reality show about their lives, now it appears the couple is ready for a legal battle as well. Minnelli and Gest announced they have hired attorney Michael Sherman -- who recently (unsuccessfully) defended Michael Skakel in the Kennedy relative's murder trial -- to seek "appropriate remedies" in their dispute with VH1, the AP reports. What such remedies are, at this point, remains unclear.
Reuters reports that cable music network VH1 said on Wednesday that it has pulled the plug on a planned reality series featuring Minnelli and her new husband, producer David Gest.
Variety reports that singer Liza Minnelli and husband, producer David Gest will enter the "reality" TV craze with a show called "Liza and David." The show, which being called the first "weekly musical reality series" for VH1, will begin airing as a weekly series in October. VH1 has ordered 10 episodes.
- 'American Idol' eliminates Emily Piriz after another all-female bottom three is revealed
- 'American Idol' eliminee Emily Piriz: "The girls might start getting worried"
- 'The Bachelor' star Juan Pablo Galavis retweets "retard" joke and defends it: Open your mind and learn culture
- Kim Kardashian and fiance Kanye West reportedly set wedding date
- 'American Idol' judge Harry Connick Jr. explains why he's been so harsh in his critiques
- Lindsay Lohan "wars" with Jimmy Fallon on 'The Tonight Show'
- 'The Voice' coach Shakira: I would love to have my own soccer team of kids with Gerard Pique
- 'Hell's Kitchen's twelfth season to premiere March 13 on Fox
- Exclusive: 'The Amazing Race: All-Stars' eliminees Mark Jackson and Mallory Ervin talk (Part 2)
- Adam Lambert to join Queen for summer concert tour
- Jessica Simpson reveals weight loss with skin-tight dress in Weight Watchers ad
- Maksim Chmerkovskiy: I turned down being a 'Dancing with the Stars' judge to return as a pro dancer next season
- 'Pregnant in Heels' star Rosie Pope gives birth to a baby girl
- Exclusive: Brice Johnston talks 'Survivor: Cagayan -- Brawn vs. Brains vs. Beauty' (Part 1)
- 'The Bachelor' bachelorette Renee Oteri confirms engagement via Instagram photo
- Khloe Kardashian buys Justin Bieber's house, becoming neighbors with sister Kourtney Kardashian
- 'American Idol' Top 12 finalists fail to deliver any knockout performances, leave judges disappointed
- Lisa Vanderpump: 'The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills' co-star Brandi Glanville is a liar
- 'Survivor: Cagayan -- Brawn vs. Brains vs. Beauty' votes Brice Johnston out of his Beauty tribe
- Simon Cowell: I love being a dad, might have more children now!
- Leah Remini and family to star in new TLC reality show
- 'The Bachelor' star Juan Pablo Galavis' final bachelorette reportedly "has no idea what she's in for"
- 'American Idol's Kristen O'Connor says Chris Daughtry gave her great advice: "Don't be that guy who... You'll regret it"
- Teresa Giudice and Joe Giudice to ask to serve their prison time separately