Liza & David
Even his friends called him "very litigious". On Tuesday, David Gest lived up to his image. Gest, 50, filed suit against his estranged (and soon-to-be-ex) wife Liza Minnelli, 57, claiming that she regularly beat him during their 16-month marriage and asking for $10 million in damages. Full Story
PR Newswire reports that Viacom, the parent of cable network VH1, and Liza Minnelli's soon-to-be-ex husband David Gest have settled their legal battles over the failed Liza & David reality series starring the ex-couple.
The Chicago Sun Times reports that Liza Minnelli's marriage to producer-manager David Gest has apparently come to an end, as the couple have legally separated. As a result, the couple's lawsuit against VH1 over their failed reality series may also come to an end, now that the "very litigious" Gest will be removed from the equation.
Liza Minnelli could soon be recording an old George Harrison song: "Sue Me, Sue You Blues."
Reuters reports that Liza Minnelli and her husband, producer David Gest, have filed suit in New York state court against VH1 and MTV Networks, units of Viacom Inc., as well as Viacom itself, seeking more than $10 million in damages for VH1's October cancellation of their "Liza & David" reality TV show.
Zap2It.com reports that Liza Minnelli and husband David Gest have already gone on the public-relations offensive against VH1 over the cancellation of a planned reality show about their lives, now it appears the couple is ready for a legal battle as well. Minnelli and Gest announced they have hired attorney Michael Sherman -- who recently (unsuccessfully) defended Michael Skakel in the Kennedy relative's murder trial -- to seek "appropriate remedies" in their dispute with VH1, the AP reports. What such remedies are, at this point, remains unclear.
Reuters reports that cable music network VH1 said on Wednesday that it has pulled the plug on a planned reality series featuring Minnelli and her new husband, producer David Gest.
Variety reports that singer Liza Minnelli and husband, producer David Gest will enter the "reality" TV craze with a show called "Liza and David." The show, which being called the first "weekly musical reality series" for VH1, will begin airing as a weekly series in October. VH1 has ordered 10 episodes.
- Kate Gosselin "stayed clear" of Jon Gosselin at yard sale
- Janel Parrish addresses rumors she is dating Val Chmerkovskiy
- Exclusive: 'Survivor: San Juan del Sur -- Blood vs. Water' eliminee Kelley Wentworth talks (Part 2)
- Kristin Cavallari reveals son Jax's struggle with colic
- Teresa Giudice reportedly "open" to letting cameras film her final days before prison
- Joan Rivers' daughter Melissa Rivers hires prominent law firm to sue Manhattan clinic
- Mike "Sugar Bear" Thompson reportedly wants custody of Alana "Honey Boo Boo" Thompson but he's broke
- Antonio Sabato Jr. on 'Dancing with the Stars' exit: It was a sad moment
- Mike "Sugar Bear" Thompson upset sex offender Mark McDaniel gets near daugher Alana "Honey Boo Boo" Thompson
- Alfonso Ribeiro announces his wife is expecting another baby on 'Dancing with the Stars'
- 'The Voice' advances eight artists from the "Knockout Round" to "The Live Playoffs" as Taylor Swift joins
- 'Dancing with the Stars' ousts Antonio Sabato Jr. and partner Cheryl Burke, Bethany Mota tops leaderboard
- Kylie Jenner yells at haters on social media: Talk about some important sh-t, not my big lips
- Jessica Simpson chops off her hair
- Dean McDermott: I'm not a "monster" because I cheated on Tori Spelling
- 'Here Comes Honey Boo Boo' star "Mama June" Shannon may reportedly lose custody of kids due to sex offender relationship
- Exclusive: 'The Amazing Race' eliminees Keith Tollefson and Whitney Duncan talk (Part 1)
- 'The Bachelor' couple Juan Pablo Galavis and Nikki Ferrell reportedly break-up
- 'Honey Boo Boo' daughter: "Mama June" Shannon didn't believe her boyfriend molested me
- 'The Amazing Race' eliminates former 'Survivor' couple Keith Tollefson and Whitney Duncan