Liza & David
Even his friends called him "very litigious". On Tuesday, David Gest lived up to his image. Gest, 50, filed suit against his estranged (and soon-to-be-ex) wife Liza Minnelli, 57, claiming that she regularly beat him during their 16-month marriage and asking for $10 million in damages. Full Story
PR Newswire reports that Viacom, the parent of cable network VH1, and Liza Minnelli's soon-to-be-ex husband David Gest have settled their legal battles over the failed Liza & David reality series starring the ex-couple.
The Chicago Sun Times reports that Liza Minnelli's marriage to producer-manager David Gest has apparently come to an end, as the couple have legally separated. As a result, the couple's lawsuit against VH1 over their failed reality series may also come to an end, now that the "very litigious" Gest will be removed from the equation.
Liza Minnelli could soon be recording an old George Harrison song: "Sue Me, Sue You Blues."
Reuters reports that Liza Minnelli and her husband, producer David Gest, have filed suit in New York state court against VH1 and MTV Networks, units of Viacom Inc., as well as Viacom itself, seeking more than $10 million in damages for VH1's October cancellation of their "Liza & David" reality TV show.
Zap2It.com reports that Liza Minnelli and husband David Gest have already gone on the public-relations offensive against VH1 over the cancellation of a planned reality show about their lives, now it appears the couple is ready for a legal battle as well. Minnelli and Gest announced they have hired attorney Michael Sherman -- who recently (unsuccessfully) defended Michael Skakel in the Kennedy relative's murder trial -- to seek "appropriate remedies" in their dispute with VH1, the AP reports. What such remedies are, at this point, remains unclear.
Reuters reports that cable music network VH1 said on Wednesday that it has pulled the plug on a planned reality series featuring Minnelli and her new husband, producer David Gest.
Variety reports that singer Liza Minnelli and husband, producer David Gest will enter the "reality" TV craze with a show called "Liza and David." The show, which being called the first "weekly musical reality series" for VH1, will begin airing as a weekly series in October. VH1 has ordered 10 episodes.
- 'Dancing with the Stars' couple Lea Thompson and pro partner Artem Chigvintsev top leaderboard
- Kris Jenner formally files for divorce from husband Bruce Jenner
- 'Dancing with the Stars' contestant Janel Parrish struggles with ankle injury
- Kourtney Kardashian reportedly "terrified" Scott Disick going to leave her
- TLC reveals six couples to star on the second season of '90 Day Fiance,' to premiere October 19
- Kim Kardashian nude photos allegedly released online by hackers
- 'The Voice' coach Gwen Stefani: Adam Levine is "so inappropriate, it's crazy"
- Paula Deen to do first TV interview since wake of scandal
- 'Project Runway All Stars' new cast announced, fourth season to debut October 30
- 'Love & Hip-Hop' star Erica Mena announces engagement to rapper Shad "Bow Wow" Moss
- 'Fashion Police' to return and continue without Joan Rivers, E! confirms
- 'Little People, Big World' star Jeremy Roloff marries Audrey Mirabella Botti
- Mariah Carey reportedly spending time with Brett Ratner after Nick Cannon split
- 'The Real Housewives of Atlanta' star Kim Zolciak denies Photoshopping photos
- 'Fashion Police' to continue without Joan Rivers, E! announces
- Joan Rivers' personal doctor, Dr. Gwen Korovin, reportedly denies unauthorized procedure, didn't do a biopsy
- Giuliana Rancic: I don't know if 'Fashion Police' can continue without Joan Rivers, I can't imagine it
- 'Here Comes Honey Boo Boo' stars June Shannon and Mike "Sugar Bear" Thompson call it quits
- Joan Rivers' daughter Melissa Rivers remembering her on 'Fashion Police' special
- Teresa Giudice and Joe Giudice denies report they are expecting a baby
- Angelea Preston finally reveals alleged reason for 'America's Next Top Model' disqualifcation, suing
- Kourtney Kardashian and Scott Disick reportedly expecting their second daughter