Liza & David
Even his friends called him "very litigious". On Tuesday, David Gest lived up to his image. Gest, 50, filed suit against his estranged (and soon-to-be-ex) wife Liza Minnelli, 57, claiming that she regularly beat him during their 16-month marriage and asking for $10 million in damages. Full Story
PR Newswire reports that Viacom, the parent of cable network VH1, and Liza Minnelli's soon-to-be-ex husband David Gest have settled their legal battles over the failed Liza & David reality series starring the ex-couple.
The Chicago Sun Times reports that Liza Minnelli's marriage to producer-manager David Gest has apparently come to an end, as the couple have legally separated. As a result, the couple's lawsuit against VH1 over their failed reality series may also come to an end, now that the "very litigious" Gest will be removed from the equation.
Liza Minnelli could soon be recording an old George Harrison song: "Sue Me, Sue You Blues."
Reuters reports that Liza Minnelli and her husband, producer David Gest, have filed suit in New York state court against VH1 and MTV Networks, units of Viacom Inc., as well as Viacom itself, seeking more than $10 million in damages for VH1's October cancellation of their "Liza & David" reality TV show.
Zap2It.com reports that Liza Minnelli and husband David Gest have already gone on the public-relations offensive against VH1 over the cancellation of a planned reality show about their lives, now it appears the couple is ready for a legal battle as well. Minnelli and Gest announced they have hired attorney Michael Sherman -- who recently (unsuccessfully) defended Michael Skakel in the Kennedy relative's murder trial -- to seek "appropriate remedies" in their dispute with VH1, the AP reports. What such remedies are, at this point, remains unclear.
Reuters reports that cable music network VH1 said on Wednesday that it has pulled the plug on a planned reality series featuring Minnelli and her new husband, producer David Gest.
Variety reports that singer Liza Minnelli and husband, producer David Gest will enter the "reality" TV craze with a show called "Liza and David." The show, which being called the first "weekly musical reality series" for VH1, will begin airing as a weekly series in October. VH1 has ordered 10 episodes.
- Anna Duggar source: Her parents are more extreme than Josh Duggar's, but her sister is still getting divorced
- 'Survivor Cambodia: Second Chance' host Jeff Probst reveals two tribes and starting twist
- 'Christina Milian Turned Up' star's baby nephew dies from rare birth defect
- Bethenny Frankel reportedly dating businessman and 'The Profit' star Marcus Lemonis
- Gwen Stefani makes first public appearance since announcing divorce with Gavin Rossdale
- 'Dancing with the Stars' signs on Internet sensation Hayes Grier and Crown-winning jockey Victor Espinoza
- 'America's Next Top Model' sends Stefano Churchill packing
- Kim Kardashian and Kylie Jenner share similar pouts
- 'America's Got Talent' sends last seven acts through to semifinals
- 'Big Brother' HoH Austin Matelson keeps nominations the same after Vanessa Rousso wins Power of Veto
- 'The Bachelor's new star Ben Higgins turns to Sean Lowe for advice
- Jenelle Evans slams ex-fiance over Ashley Madison account
- 'The Bachelor' star Ben Higgins reveals his celebrity crush and dating dealbreaker
- Paula Deen reportedly going 'Dancing with the Stars'
- Josh Duggar enters rehab after porn star Danica Dillon talks "terrifying" and "traumatic" sexual encounters
- 'The Biggest Loser' is losing host Alison Sweeney after 13 seasons
- 'Dancing with the Stars' adds Nick Carter from Backstreet Boys to Season 21 cast
- Bobby Brown performs for the first time since Bobbi Kristina Brown's death
- Kristen Taekman and Tori Spelling bond amid Ashley Madison scandal
- 'The Bachelor' star Ben Higgins definitely "has an edge," says Nick Viall
- Nicole "Snooki" Polizzi denies Jionni LaValle cheated on Ashley Madison: This is absurd and so far from the truth!
- Caitlyn Jenner Halloween costume sparks petition and firestorm on social media
- Donald Trump goes after Megyn Kelly again
- Ben Higgins: I took a few days to think about my 'The Bachelor' offer, I'm nervous