Last Comic Standing 1 News
Ratings: NBC's double-size 'Last Comics Standing' premiere wins timeslots, draws 9.7 viewers overallJune 11, 2003
NBC has scored its fourth successful launch of a summer reality series over the past two weeks with last night’s strong debut of “Last Comic Standing.” The stand-up comedy competition, created and hosted by Jay Mohr, dominated its time period last night, winning in all key categories, jumping 50 percent above NBC’s adult 18-49 rating on the same night last year and grabbing the Peacock’s highest rating in the time period in the nine weeks since the “Cher: The Farewell Tour” special aired April 8.
NBC’s has announced that “Last Comic Standing: A Search for the Funniest Person in America” will premiere on Tuesday, June 10 with back-to-back episodes from 9-11PM ET and will be hosted by comedian Jay Mohr (“Jerry Maguire”), who also serves as executive producer. During the two-hour premiere’s first hour, viewers of the unscripted competition series will be introduced to aspiring comedians selected from nationwide regional searches as they compete for an exclusive talent contract and a Comedy Central special.
NBC has announced that its new reality comedy competition, “Last Comic Standing: The Search for the Funniest Person in America," will premiere Tuesday, June 10th at 9PM ET. As we previously reported, repeat airings of the summer series will also air on the Comedy Central cable network.
NBC has announced that it has licensed a "second-window" (ie. repeat airing) of NBC’s upcoming summer series The Last Comic Standing: The Search For The Funniest Person in America to cable’s Comedy Central network. The Last Comic Standing will debut this summer on NBC and each episode will be re-broadcast on Comedy Central within a week of its NBC premiere. In addition to receiving a talent contract with NBC, the winner will also now receive his/her own stand-up comedy special on Comedy Central.
Semi-finals for NBC's 'Last Comic Standing' to be held Monday, February 10 at LA's 'The Laugh Factory'February 7, 2003
NBC’s “Last Comic Standing: A Search for the Funniest Person in America” will conclude its semi-finals on Monday, February 10 at The Laugh Factory in Los Angeles (7 and 9 p.m.). Comedians Joe Rogan (NBC’s “Fear Factor”), Buddy Hackett and Mo’Nique (in consultation with show producers) will select which semi-finalists will move to the finals at the Paris Hotel in Las Vegas on Thursday, February 13. Finalists from the New York semi-finals were selected on February 3 by celebrity judges Caroline Rhea, Joy Behr and Colin Quinn (also in consultation with show producers). The semi-finalists were selected during talent searches across the country for NBC’s upcoming "Last Comic Standing" series executive produced/hosted by actor/comedian Jay Mohr ("Jerry McGuire").
NBC has announced that it will complete its multi-city search for the nation’s best male and female professional and aspiring comedians (18 years of age and older) with open auditions in five cities. The talent search has begun with a series of auditions across the country that will determine the laugh-out-loud contestants who will compete in the network’s upcoming “Last Comic Standing” series hosted by actor/comedian Jay Mohr (“Mohr Sports”). Successful searches in Chicago and St. Louis have already been completed.
NBC has announced that it has picked up eight episodes of "Funniest Person In America"
- Exclusive: Sara Fowler talks 'The Amazing Race' "nightmare" partner Shamir Arzeno and finding "love" with Logan Bauer
- Exclusive: Debbie Wanner -- Sarah Lacina repeatedly crossed the 'Survivor' line by swearing on her child
- 'Southern Charm' star Cameran Eubanks expecting her first child
- Kim Kardashian: I don't respect Caitlyn Jenner's character now, parts of her book are "not truthful" or "tasteful"
- Troy Ramey talks 'The Voice' ouster: I knew I had no shot at staying over Mark Isaiah, "Mr. Handsome"
- Exclusive: Debbie Wanner: Jeff Varner shouldn't be crucified for outing Zeke Smith as transgender on 'Survivor'
- Bethenny Frankel and Fredrik Eklund to co-star in new 'Bethenny and Fredrik Property Project' Bravo reality series
- Heidi Montag and Spencer Pratt celebrate wedding anniversary after baby news
- Channing Tatum celebrates his 37th birthday with Jenna Dewan and their daughter