Grease: You're the One That I Want News
The field of hopefuls grew by two on Sunday night's Grease: You're the One That I Want, as the 14 contestants sang and danced during the NBC reality competition series' first live performance episode to determine who will ultimately play the leads of Danny and Sandy in a Broadway production of Grease this summer.
Break out those leather jackets and Pink Lady pajamas -- it's time for America to begin choosing the leads for this summer's Broadway production of Grease, as NBC's Grease: You're the One That I Want revealed its Top 12 finalists at the conclusion of last night's broadcast.
A NFL playoff game and the long-anticipated return of Fox's 24 proved to be a toxic combination for NBC's Grease: You're the One That I Want and The Apprentice: Los Angeles this past Sunday night, as both shows saw their second week ratings slip significantly from their previous week's premiere numbers.
Thanks to its link to NBC's "You're The One That I Want," an upcoming Broadway revival of "Grease" has already sold $1.3 million in tickets.
Grease was the word last night with young women and teenage girls, as the series premiere of Grease: You're the One That I Want on NBC was watched by an average of 11.6 million viewers.
You can take the girl out of Grease but you can't take Grease out of the girl. NBC has announced that multi-Grammy Award winner Olivia Newton-John -- apparently still "hopelessly devoted" to the hit movie musical that helped launched her career -- will guest star in the first two episodes of Grease: You're the One that I Want.
NBC has announced that Access Hollywood co-host Billy Bush will serve as the host of Grease: You're the One That I Want, a new reality talent competition series that will allow viewers to determine the leads of a new Broadway production of "Grease."
Auditions were held this week for the lead roles in a U.S. television show with a prize part in the Broadway revival of "Grease" on the table.
NBC has announced that it will air You're the One That We Want, a new reality talent competition series that will search for the leads for a new Broadway production of "Grease," as part of its 2006-2007 mid-season schedule.
- Josh Murray and Amanda Stanton on 'Bachelor in Paradise:' The negativity was exhausting, it was hard to not having other people be happy for us
- 'Dancing with the Stars' cast will reportedly include Babyface, Maureen McCormick, Laurie Hernandez, and Emma Samms
- 'Chrisley Knows Best' star Lindsie Chrisley divorcing husband Will Campbell
- Jennifer Lopez surprises former husband Marc Anthony in concert
- Derek Hough and Julianne Hough reportedly returning to 'Dancing with the Stars' next season!
- Kylie Jenner shoots down boob job rumors: "Never!"
- Vinny Ventiera and Izzy Goodkind pack on PDA after 'Bachelor in Paradise' split -- Are they back together?
- Fifth Harmony wins two MTV Video Music Awards, Kanye West and Zayn honored with nominations
- Jami Letain -- 9 things to know about the 'Bachelor in Paradise' bachelorette