HOME > Cupid > Cupid News
Ratings: Premiere of CBS' 'Cupid' places first in Adults 18-34, but 'Law & Order' still dominates overallJuly 10, 2003
According to preliminary affiliate based National Nielsen ratings., the CBS premiere of "Cupid" trounced its ABC "The Dating Experiment" reality competition on Wednesday, July 9 but still fell well short of NBC's all-powerful "Law & Order" in overall viewers.
"Cupid" will be premiering Wednesday, July 9 on CBS...unless you live in Raleigh, North Carolina. Capital Broadcasting, the parent company of CBS affiliate WRAL-TV, has decided not to air "Cupid", calling the show "demeaning to marriage". The station will air reruns on "The Andy Griffith Show" during the Wednesday ay 10pm timeslot instead.
CBS has annoucned that "Cupid", a new relationship reality series from “American Idol’s” Simon Cowell, will premiere Wednesday, July 9th at 10PM ET.
"Cupid" is CBS new upcoming relationship reality show featuring a single woman looking for love. The Cupid Girl, Lisa, and her two friends, will scour the country, auditioning eligible bachelors, each of whom will have 30 seconds to impress them enough to warrant a date. Want to try for a date with Lisa? CBS has announced upcoming suitor audition information for New York, Miami, and Los Angeles. Full information follows below.
CBS has announced that "Cupid," a new relationship reality series from "American Idol’s" Simon Cowell that challenges America to find the perfect mate for one eligible young woman, will begin production on May 19 for broadcast later this summer. Lisa Shannon, a 25-years-old Detriot-area advertising agency copywriter, will be the “Cupid girl.” Along with her girlfriends Kimberly and Laura, Lisa will soon begin a nationwide search to find the man of her dreams. She has the "full package" – looks, personality and brains. However, Lisa has been unlucky in love and is looking to her friends to serve as judges to help find Mr. Right and weed out Mr. Wrong.
Reuters/Variety reports that American Idol judge Simon Cowell and producer FremantleMedia have teamed up to create a new dating reality show, entitled Cupid, that will air 11 hourlong episodes this summer on CBS.
- Exclusive: 'Survivor: Cagayan -- Brawn vs. Brains vs. Beauty' castoff Morgan McLeod talks (Part 2)
- 'American Idol' eliminee Malaya Watson: There was never a moment I doubted the judges' advice
- Lindsay Lohan reportedly relapses again and drinks at Coachella
- 'The Voice' coach Usher determines his three live-shows competitors, completing the Top 12 artists
- 'The Bachelorette' star Andi Dorfman: "She's looking for the right
- Flavor Flav pleads guilty to misdemeanor battery
- 'American Idol' eliminee Malaya Watson: I was really hesitant to do the show