HOME > Cupid > Cupid News
Ratings: Premiere of CBS' 'Cupid' places first in Adults 18-34, but 'Law & Order' still dominates overallJuly 10, 2003
According to preliminary affiliate based National Nielsen ratings., the CBS premiere of "Cupid" trounced its ABC "The Dating Experiment" reality competition on Wednesday, July 9 but still fell well short of NBC's all-powerful "Law & Order" in overall viewers.
"Cupid" will be premiering Wednesday, July 9 on CBS...unless you live in Raleigh, North Carolina. Capital Broadcasting, the parent company of CBS affiliate WRAL-TV, has decided not to air "Cupid", calling the show "demeaning to marriage". The station will air reruns on "The Andy Griffith Show" during the Wednesday ay 10pm timeslot instead.
CBS has annoucned that "Cupid", a new relationship reality series from “American Idol’s” Simon Cowell, will premiere Wednesday, July 9th at 10PM ET.
"Cupid" is CBS new upcoming relationship reality show featuring a single woman looking for love. The Cupid Girl, Lisa, and her two friends, will scour the country, auditioning eligible bachelors, each of whom will have 30 seconds to impress them enough to warrant a date. Want to try for a date with Lisa? CBS has announced upcoming suitor audition information for New York, Miami, and Los Angeles. Full information follows below.
CBS has announced that "Cupid," a new relationship reality series from "American Idol’s" Simon Cowell that challenges America to find the perfect mate for one eligible young woman, will begin production on May 19 for broadcast later this summer. Lisa Shannon, a 25-years-old Detriot-area advertising agency copywriter, will be the “Cupid girl.” Along with her girlfriends Kimberly and Laura, Lisa will soon begin a nationwide search to find the man of her dreams. She has the "full package" – looks, personality and brains. However, Lisa has been unlucky in love and is looking to her friends to serve as judges to help find Mr. Right and weed out Mr. Wrong.
Reuters/Variety reports that American Idol judge Simon Cowell and producer FremantleMedia have teamed up to create a new dating reality show, entitled Cupid, that will air 11 hourlong episodes this summer on CBS.
- 'The Bachelor' star Juan Pablo Galavis gives his final rose to Nikki Ferrell -- but that's it!
- Exclusive: Joseph "Joey" Graceffa and Meghan Caramena talk 'The Amazing Race: All-Stars' (Part 1)
- Stacy Keibler marries boyfriend Jared Pobre in quiet, sunset ceremony in Mexico
- Kourtney Kardashian and boyfriend Scott Disick reportedly eloping in Mexico
- Jessica Simpson shares three-way kiss with friends
- 'The Bachelor' star Juan Pablo Galavis reportedly aiming to become "a full-blown brand," went on 'The Bachelor' for money and fame
- 'MasterChef Junior' renewed for third season by Fox
- 'The Amazing Race: All-Stars' cuts Joseph "Joey" Graceffa and Meghan Caramena
- 'The Bachelor' star Juan Pablo Galavis and his final bachelorette reportedly fighting, may only act still together at finale