HOME > Cupid > Cupid News
Ratings: Premiere of CBS' 'Cupid' places first in Adults 18-34, but 'Law & Order' still dominates overallJuly 10, 2003
According to preliminary affiliate based National Nielsen ratings., the CBS premiere of "Cupid" trounced its ABC "The Dating Experiment" reality competition on Wednesday, July 9 but still fell well short of NBC's all-powerful "Law & Order" in overall viewers.
"Cupid" will be premiering Wednesday, July 9 on CBS...unless you live in Raleigh, North Carolina. Capital Broadcasting, the parent company of CBS affiliate WRAL-TV, has decided not to air "Cupid", calling the show "demeaning to marriage". The station will air reruns on "The Andy Griffith Show" during the Wednesday ay 10pm timeslot instead.
CBS has annoucned that "Cupid", a new relationship reality series from “American Idol’s” Simon Cowell, will premiere Wednesday, July 9th at 10PM ET.
"Cupid" is CBS new upcoming relationship reality show featuring a single woman looking for love. The Cupid Girl, Lisa, and her two friends, will scour the country, auditioning eligible bachelors, each of whom will have 30 seconds to impress them enough to warrant a date. Want to try for a date with Lisa? CBS has announced upcoming suitor audition information for New York, Miami, and Los Angeles. Full information follows below.
CBS has announced that "Cupid," a new relationship reality series from "American Idol’s" Simon Cowell that challenges America to find the perfect mate for one eligible young woman, will begin production on May 19 for broadcast later this summer. Lisa Shannon, a 25-years-old Detriot-area advertising agency copywriter, will be the “Cupid girl.” Along with her girlfriends Kimberly and Laura, Lisa will soon begin a nationwide search to find the man of her dreams. She has the "full package" – looks, personality and brains. However, Lisa has been unlucky in love and is looking to her friends to serve as judges to help find Mr. Right and weed out Mr. Wrong.
Reuters/Variety reports that American Idol judge Simon Cowell and producer FremantleMedia have teamed up to create a new dating reality show, entitled Cupid, that will air 11 hourlong episodes this summer on CBS.
- Kaitlyn Bristowe on 'The Bachelorette' winner Shawn Booth: There wasn't even a chance I'd pick another guy
- 'The Bachelorette' runner-up Nick Viall: I am excited to get back out there and meet a great girl
- 'The Bachelorette's Kaitlyn Bristowe and Shawn Booth: If we weren't going to work out, we would've split already
- Nick Viall: I don't focus my energy on whether people think I'm 'The Bachelorette' villain
- 'The Bachelorette's Kaitlyn Bristowe asks fiance Shawn Booth if HE wants to date potential Bachelor Ben Higgins
- 'The Bachelorette' couple Kaitlyn Bristowe and Shawn Booth -- Would they televise their wedding?
- 'The Bachelorette' runner-up Nick Viall: My family thought I was joking when I told them Kaitlyn Bristowe didn't pick me
- Demi Lovato's pet dog dies in an accident
- 'America's Got Talent' judges make another round of cuts with guest Marlon Wayans