HOME > Cupid > Cupid News
Ratings: Premiere of CBS' 'Cupid' places first in Adults 18-34, but 'Law & Order' still dominates overallJuly 10, 2003
According to preliminary affiliate based National Nielsen ratings., the CBS premiere of "Cupid" trounced its ABC "The Dating Experiment" reality competition on Wednesday, July 9 but still fell well short of NBC's all-powerful "Law & Order" in overall viewers.
"Cupid" will be premiering Wednesday, July 9 on CBS...unless you live in Raleigh, North Carolina. Capital Broadcasting, the parent company of CBS affiliate WRAL-TV, has decided not to air "Cupid", calling the show "demeaning to marriage". The station will air reruns on "The Andy Griffith Show" during the Wednesday ay 10pm timeslot instead.
CBS has annoucned that "Cupid", a new relationship reality series from “American Idol’s” Simon Cowell, will premiere Wednesday, July 9th at 10PM ET.
"Cupid" is CBS new upcoming relationship reality show featuring a single woman looking for love. The Cupid Girl, Lisa, and her two friends, will scour the country, auditioning eligible bachelors, each of whom will have 30 seconds to impress them enough to warrant a date. Want to try for a date with Lisa? CBS has announced upcoming suitor audition information for New York, Miami, and Los Angeles. Full information follows below.
CBS has announced that "Cupid," a new relationship reality series from "American Idol’s" Simon Cowell that challenges America to find the perfect mate for one eligible young woman, will begin production on May 19 for broadcast later this summer. Lisa Shannon, a 25-years-old Detriot-area advertising agency copywriter, will be the “Cupid girl.” Along with her girlfriends Kimberly and Laura, Lisa will soon begin a nationwide search to find the man of her dreams. She has the "full package" – looks, personality and brains. However, Lisa has been unlucky in love and is looking to her friends to serve as judges to help find Mr. Right and weed out Mr. Wrong.
Reuters/Variety reports that American Idol judge Simon Cowell and producer FremantleMedia have teamed up to create a new dating reality show, entitled Cupid, that will air 11 hourlong episodes this summer on CBS.
- Kendall Jenner lands fashion campaign for Karl Lagerfeld
- Leah Messer reveals she's leaving 'Teen Mom 2' after five seasons
- Danica McKellar weds Scott Sveslosky in sunrise ceremony
- '19 Kids & Counting' hit with cancellation petition after Michelle Duggar's anti-gay comment
- Kim Kardashian reportedly considering a surrogate for next pregnancy to maintain in-shape body
- 'Hell's Kitchen' and 'MasterChef Junior' new season premieres announced by Fox
- 'American Idol' to premiere January 7 on Fox with schedule changes throughout Season 14
- 'The Biggest Loser: Glory Days' cuts Rondalee Beardslee, sends Scott Mitchell to Comeback Canyon after terrible weigh-in
- Exclusive: 'Survivor: San Juan del Sur -- Blood vs. Water' eliminee Jeremy Collins talks (Part 1)