Canadian Idol News
The Toronto Sun reports that, as expected, Ryan Malcolm from Kingston, Ontario was selected by viewers as the winner of CTV's Canadian Idol. Malcolm, known by the derogatory moniker "Waiter Boy" -- a reference to his real-life job prior to Idol, defeated Nova Scotian Gary Beals in the final showdown.
The Toronto Sun reports that CTV's Canadian Idol, the all-Canadian version of Pop Idol (and thus the first cousin to Fox's American Idol), is down to its final two contestants. Ryan Malcolm from Kingston, Ontario and Gary Beals from Dartmouth, Nova Scotia have reached the finals, after Billy Klippert from Calgary, Alberta was voted out in the final elimination. This week, Ryan and Billy will perform with American Idol 2 winner Ruben Studdard as part of their final showdown.
- 'The Voice' coach Adam Levine wins two four-chair turnarounds, calls himself "king" again
- Kendall Jenner and Justin Bieber share romantic dinner in Paris
- Exclusive: 'Survivor: San Juan del Sur -- Blood vs. Water' castaway Nadiya Anderson talks (Part 2)
- 'The Real Housewives' star reportedly top pick to replace Joan Rivers on 'Fashion Police'
- Ashley Hebert and J.P. Rosenbaum welcome their first child into the world
- 'Dancing with the Stars' eliminated couple Karina Smirnoff and Randy Couture talk frontrunners
- 'The Voice' coach Gwen Stefani excitedly earns her first four-chair turnaround of the seventh season