Canadian Idol News
The Toronto Sun reports that, as expected, Ryan Malcolm from Kingston, Ontario was selected by viewers as the winner of CTV's Canadian Idol. Malcolm, known by the derogatory moniker "Waiter Boy" -- a reference to his real-life job prior to Idol, defeated Nova Scotian Gary Beals in the final showdown.
The Toronto Sun reports that CTV's Canadian Idol, the all-Canadian version of Pop Idol (and thus the first cousin to Fox's American Idol), is down to its final two contestants. Ryan Malcolm from Kingston, Ontario and Gary Beals from Dartmouth, Nova Scotia have reached the finals, after Billy Klippert from Calgary, Alberta was voted out in the final elimination. This week, Ryan and Billy will perform with American Idol 2 winner Ruben Studdard as part of their final showdown.
- 'The Bachelor's Chris Soules edition to premiere January 5 with three-hour live event
- 'The Biggest Loser' host Alison Sweeney bids farewell to 'Days of Our Lives'
- 'The Biggest Loser' eliminates Gina Haddon, sends Blake Benge to Comeback Canyon
- Melissa Rivers remembers mom Joan Rivers by tweeting Halloween photo
- Kristin Cavallari to appear on Bravo's 'The Millionaire Matchmaker'
- Exclusive: 'The Amazing Race' eliminees Keith Tollefson and Whitney Duncan talk (Part 2)
- Kate Gosselin "stayed clear" of Jon Gosselin at yard sale
- Janel Parrish addresses rumors she is dating Val Chmerkovskiy
- Juan Pablo Galavis stayed with Nikki Ferrell as long as he did to "spite haters" and "promote himself," say sources